Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 13, 2015, 4:34pm
Oldham Athletic owner Simon Corney has revealed he is open to selling the League One club. His admission comes a week after the Latics came close to signing convicted rapist Ched Evans. The club decided against the deal after widespread opposition, saying it had received threats to members of staff.
"I've had enough, it's no secret," Corney told the Oldham Chronicle. "I've been here for 12 years and i just don't have the same interest anymore."
Posted by: psgmariner, January 13, 2015, 4:39pm; Reply: 1
Ched's future father in law could buy them.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, January 13, 2015, 4:42pm; Reply: 2
Feel sorry for the fans that's all.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 13, 2015, 6:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from psgmariner
Ched's future father in law could buy them.
Only worth 20 million.  The sort of person you need to invest in players straight away instead of a small loan year by year.

Quoted from Sunday Express | 10th January 2015
When Mr Massey left school two years later with no qualifications he joined the business full-time and over the next few years four more shops were opened in the Northwest.

At the age of 26 he branched out, setting up a service for big companies who wanted to reward long- serving workers with watches, clocks and other expensive gifts.

His first contract was with Tarmac and within two years he was making £300,000 a year.

Mr Massey’s big breakthrough was a £1 million deal with British Rail and he has never looked back, supply- ing the likes of Tesco, Jaguar and Marks & Spencer.

Within 12 months his turnover had jumped to £2.5 million a year as he impressed clients by producing brochures bearing their company logo and extending his range of merchandise.

Today Mr Massey is the director of 11 companies, employing more than 100 people, including prestigious jewellers Cottrills, in Wilmslow, and Prestons of Bolton, known as “the diamond centre of the North”.

He is married to Susan, has three other daughters and home is a £1.5 million property not far from the original shop.

Mr Massey, who once dismissed his rivals as “dinosaurs” is regarded as a tough, no-nonsense businessman. Describing what drove him to succeed, he said in one interview: “Initially it was to prove to my Dad that I could do it.

I also got such a buzz from dealing with big businesses, such as ICI. I still get nervous before meetings, and when I walk out with a new account, it really does give me a kick.”

Mr Massey now has hundreds of blue-chip clients and is said to be worth more than £20 million.
Link >> [url=http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/551162/Ched-Evans-s-father-in-law-Karl-Massey-supports-him-since-rape-trial]http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/551162/Ched-Evans-s-father-in-law-Karl-Massey-supports-him-since-rape-trial[/url]
Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice
Oldham Athletic owner Simon Corney has revealed he is open to selling the League One club. His admission comes a week after the Latics came close to signing convicted rapist Ched Evans. The club decided against the deal after widespread opposition, saying it had received threats to members of staff.
"I've had enough, it's no secret," Corney told the Oldham Chronicle. "I've been here for 12 years and i just don't have the same interest anymore."

I remember his arrival on the scene..as will most other Town fans! Oldham celebrated by letting  fans in for free against Town. Our players joined in the celebrations by conceding 3 goals in the first 10 or so minutes with us eventually losing 6-0. I think it cost Groves his job....Now that was a "don't care" team... :-/
Posted by: Green27, January 13, 2015, 7:10pm; Reply: 5
Let's buy them, relocate them, change their badge, name etc.
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 13, 2015, 7:24pm; Reply: 6
Owner , I thought FANS owned football clubs .........................................LMAO .... or is that just some deluded Grimsby Fans
Posted by: Abdul19, January 13, 2015, 7:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from barralad

I remember his arrival on the scene..as will most other Town fans! Oldham celebrated by letting  fans in for free against Town. Our players joined in the celebrations by conceding 3 goals in the first 10 or so minutes with us eventually losing 6-0. I think it cost Groves his job....Now that was a "don't care" team... :-/

Oh god, the first half of that was appalling, worse than the Hartlepool game. That had a sort of freak element to it, but Oldham was inevitable.

Luckily they declared at half time.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 13, 2015, 7:40pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from fleabag1970
Owner , I thought FANS owned football clubs .........................................LMAO .... or is that just some deluded Grimsby Fans

I'm not deluded.

Tesco own supermarkets but if no-one turned up and shopped there, how long do you think they would last? They are struggling now because people have migrated to better options. Football fans in the main don't do that.

A football club is just a collection of fans at the end of the day. Everything else is transitory.
Posted by: fleabag1970, January 13, 2015, 7:49pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ginnywings

I'm not deluded.

Tesco own supermarkets but if no-one turned up and shopped there, how long do you think they would last? They are struggling now because people have migrated to better options. Football fans in the main don't do that.

A football club is just a collection of fans at the end of the day. Everything else is transitory.

It doesn't mean you Own Tesco , oh and by the way , they do just fine !!!    If you think you own part of GTFC then you are wrong
Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2015, 7:57pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19

Oh god, the first half of that was appalling, worse than the Hartlepool game. That had a sort of freak element to it, but Oldham was inevitable.

Luckily they declared at half time.

The most interesting aspect of the whole day was watching the GTFC "naughty" boys pleading to be let out-and the woman sat in front of me who complained at my swearing after the second goal and then proceeded to call the defence f**kin' useless tw*ts when the third went in a minute later. :)
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 10:37pm