1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
January 12, 2015, 9:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Well, I've always been a bit tapped but for the last few months I have been hearing a low droning noise that sounds like motor or hammer drilling stopping / starting.  I've started hearing it about Town as I work and it's getting a tad annoying.

I know a couple of years ago the was a report in the telewag about a mystery noise but I didn't hear back then.

Does anybody know what it is or is there an update as to what it could be, I could even hear it above the TV the other night.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
barralad
January 13, 2015, 8:56am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Marinerz93
Well, I've always been a bit tapped but for the last few months I have been hearing a low droning noise that sounds like motor or hammer drilling stopping / starting.  I've started hearing it about Town as I work and it's getting a tad annoying.

I know a couple of years ago the was a report in the telewag about a mystery noise but I didn't hear back then.

Does anybody know what it is or is there an update as to what it could be, I could even hear it above the TV the other night.

Don't worry-it's TAGG and Denni261  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Marinerz93
January 13, 2015, 4:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Don't worry-it's TAGG and Denni261  

Ouch  

I did a bit of research and apparently this phenomenon is world wide were 1 in 50 people can hear it.  It seems to be a low frequency around 8Hz - 10Hz maybe being amplified through different rocks formations.  My first thoughts were they must be drilling off shore near by for these wind turbines or even fracking but I don't think there is any fracking going on within 50 miles of Town.

[youtube]7FMkbAqQE7c[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
moosey_club
January 21, 2015, 9:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Have you had a hearing test?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Marinerz93
January 22, 2015, 8:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Have you had a hearing test?

I have and there is nothing wrong, I did think it could be tinnitus but the test proved otherwise. I can hear the majority of frequencies clearly and I don't suffer from ear related problems.

It is weird though, you don't usually hear it outside, it's mainly in doors.  It's very strange that 1 in 50 people can hear it and it is a world wide phenomenon.

It would be interesting to find out if you can hear it, when you are in bed try and listen for it.  I know that the tiny hairs in your ears used for picking up sound will make this low frequency noise sound as though it is in your head.

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
fishheadphil
January 23, 2015, 9:58am

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -9
Its probably your wife nagging
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
grimsby pete
January 23, 2015, 11:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Marinerz93

I have and there is nothing wrong, I did think it could be tinnitus but the test proved otherwise. I can hear the majority of frequencies clearly and I don't suffer from ear related problems.

It is weird though, you don't usually hear it outside, it's mainly in doors.  It's very strange that 1 in 50 people can hear it and it is a world wide phenomenon.

It would be interesting to find out if you can hear it, when you are in bed try and listen for it.  I know that the tiny hairs in your ears used for picking up sound will make this low frequency noise sound as though it is in your head.

I can hear it in Suffolk 93,

BUT

Mine is tinnitus

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Marinerz93
January 23, 2015, 5:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from fishheadphil
Its probably your wife nagging

No that is a lot worse and you can't get away from it  

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Am I going mad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.