Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 12, 2015, 9:18pm
Well, I've always been a bit tapped but for the last few months I have been hearing a low droning noise that sounds like motor or hammer drilling stopping / starting.  I've started hearing it about Town as I work and it's getting a tad annoying.

I know a couple of years ago the was a report in the telewag about a mystery noise but I didn't hear back then.

Does anybody know what it is or is there an update as to what it could be, I could even hear it above the TV the other night.
Posted by: barralad, January 13, 2015, 8:56am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Marinerz93
Well, I've always been a bit tapped but for the last few months I have been hearing a low droning noise that sounds like motor or hammer drilling stopping / starting.  I've started hearing it about Town as I work and it's getting a tad annoying.

I know a couple of years ago the was a report in the telewag about a mystery noise but I didn't hear back then.

Does anybody know what it is or is there an update as to what it could be, I could even hear it above the TV the other night.

Don't worry-it's TAGG and Denni261  :)
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 13, 2015, 4:08pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from barralad

Don't worry-it's TAGG and Denni261  :)

Ouch  ;D

I did a bit of research and apparently this phenomenon is world wide were 1 in 50 people can hear it.  It seems to be a low frequency around 8Hz - 10Hz maybe being amplified through different rocks formations.  My first thoughts were they must be drilling off shore near by for these wind turbines or even fracking but I don't think there is any fracking going on within 50 miles of Town.

[youtube]7FMkbAqQE7c[/youtube]
Posted by: moosey_club, January 21, 2015, 9:37pm; Reply: 3
Have you had a hearing test?
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 22, 2015, 8:13pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from moosey_club
Have you had a hearing test?

I have and there is nothing wrong, I did think it could be tinnitus but the test proved otherwise. I can hear the majority of frequencies clearly and I don't suffer from ear related problems.

It is weird though, you don't usually hear it outside, it's mainly in doors.  It's very strange that 1 in 50 people can hear it and it is a world wide phenomenon.

It would be interesting to find out if you can hear it, when you are in bed try and listen for it.  I know that the tiny hairs in your ears used for picking up sound will make this low frequency noise sound as though it is in your head.
Posted by: fishheadphil, January 23, 2015, 9:58am; Reply: 5
Its probably your wife nagging
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 23, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93

I have and there is nothing wrong, I did think it could be tinnitus but the test proved otherwise. I can hear the majority of frequencies clearly and I don't suffer from ear related problems.

It is weird though, you don't usually hear it outside, it's mainly in doors.  It's very strange that 1 in 50 people can hear it and it is a world wide phenomenon.

It would be interesting to find out if you can hear it, when you are in bed try and listen for it.  I know that the tiny hairs in your ears used for picking up sound will make this low frequency noise sound as though it is in your head.

I can hear it in Suffolk 93,

BUT

Mine is tinnitus(wheelchair)
Posted by: Marinerz93, January 23, 2015, 5:50pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from fishheadphil
Its probably your wife nagging

;D No that is a lot worse and you can't get away from it  ;)
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 2:49pm