1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
BIGChris
January 6, 2015, 3:08pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Just seen that Gillingham striker Danny Kedwell has signed for Ebbsfleet. He is a regular scorer in the league and could easily have continued to perform at that level, yet has dropped down to Conference South on an 18 mth deal and no doubt plenty of cash.

I saw on another thread a poster pointing out out there are so many, what had previously been referred to as little clubs, who now seem to have acquired wealthy owners who are keen to throw money at them. Not a surprise that most of them are in the South of the country (Fleetwood the exception) but when i last visited Ebbsfleet they were making bucket collections to aid their survival ( not to mention letting us drink dry their beer festival!).

I wonder how many of these clubs are sustainable long term with lavish spending? Eastleigh & FGR currently trying it our division
Private Message
ginnywings
January 6, 2015, 3:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I made a paypal donation to Ebbsfleet when they were struggling.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with the Southern bias. There is a lot more money in that part of the country, whilst a lot of Northern towns such as ours have lost their industry and wealth.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Maringer
January 6, 2015, 3:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,482
Gold Stars: 185
FGR have got the money for as long as Dale Vince wants to keep spending it. His company, Ecotricity, is coining it in from public subsidies for the various 'green' energy schemes which they operate (the public subsidies are all that make them economical). Ultimately, the taxpayer is funding FGR!

Eastleigh are owned by an insurance company who (apparently) plan to build the club a 7,500 seater stadium as well as getting the club into the League, this despite the fact that their record attendance in a competitive game is only just over 2,600!

As Chris notes, you can't really see how either of these clubs will ever be going concerns in the Football League without the outside backing they currently receive (and yes, I'm aware we currently rely on Fenty's 'benign loans').
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
Jarmo.Is.God
January 6, 2015, 3:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Danny Kedwell has signed on a reported 2k a week and has been out for a long time with injury, wouldn't of gone near him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
BIGChris
January 6, 2015, 3:46pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Danny Kedwell has signed on a reported 2k a week and has been out for a long time with injury, wouldn't of gone near him

Seems to have been a regular in the match day squad (either starter or playing sub) for the last 3 months?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
pizzzza
January 6, 2015, 4:03pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
reported 2k a week

Reported where? Do you have a link please?
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Jarmo.Is.God
January 6, 2015, 4:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from pizzzza

Reported where? Do you have a link please?

Shaun Wilkinson
‏@shaunwilkinson8
Kedwell 2k a week in the conference South
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Hagrid
January 6, 2015, 4:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,378
Gold Stars: 532
i could tweet that Neilsons on 3k a week! no proof whatsoever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
MuddyWaters
January 6, 2015, 4:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Hagrid
i could tweet that Neilsons on 3k a week! no proof whatsoever

You could tweet him and ask him!  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Money

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.