Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, January 6, 2015, 3:08pm
Just seen that Gillingham striker Danny Kedwell has signed for Ebbsfleet. He is a regular scorer in the league and could easily have continued to perform at that level, yet has dropped down to Conference South on an 18 mth deal and no doubt plenty of cash.

I saw on another thread a poster pointing out out there are so many, what had previously been referred to as little clubs, who now seem to have acquired wealthy owners who are keen to throw money at them. Not a surprise that most of them are in the South of the country (Fleetwood the exception) but when i last visited Ebbsfleet they were making bucket collections to aid their survival ( not to mention letting us drink dry their beer festival!).

I wonder how many of these clubs are sustainable long term with lavish spending? Eastleigh & FGR currently trying it our division
Posted by: ginnywings, January 6, 2015, 3:13pm; Reply: 1
I made a paypal donation to Ebbsfleet when they were struggling.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with the Southern bias. There is a lot more money in that part of the country, whilst a lot of Northern towns such as ours have lost their industry and wealth.
Posted by: Maringer, January 6, 2015, 3:24pm; Reply: 2
FGR have got the money for as long as Dale Vince wants to keep spending it. His company, Ecotricity, is coining it in from public subsidies for the various 'green' energy schemes which they operate (the public subsidies are all that make them economical). Ultimately, the taxpayer is funding FGR!

Eastleigh are owned by an insurance company who (apparently) plan to build the club a 7,500 seater stadium as well as getting the club into the League, this despite the fact that their record attendance in a competitive game is only just over 2,600!

As Chris notes, you can't really see how either of these clubs will ever be going concerns in the Football League without the outside backing they currently receive (and yes, I'm aware we currently rely on Fenty's 'benign loans').
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 6, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 3
Danny Kedwell has signed on a reported 2k a week and has been out for a long time with injury, wouldn't of gone near him
Posted by: BIGChris, January 6, 2015, 3:46pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Danny Kedwell has signed on a reported 2k a week and has been out for a long time with injury, wouldn't of gone near him

Seems to have been a regular in the match day squad (either starter or playing sub) for the last 3 months?
Posted by: pizzzza, January 6, 2015, 4:03pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
reported 2k a week

Reported where? Do you have a link please?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 6, 2015, 4:42pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pizzzza

Reported where? Do you have a link please?

Shaun Wilkinson
‏@shaunwilkinson8
Kedwell 2k a week in the conference South
Posted by: Hagrid, January 6, 2015, 4:52pm; Reply: 7
i could tweet that Neilsons on 3k a week! no proof whatsoever
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 6, 2015, 4:58pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Hagrid
i could tweet that Neilsons on 3k a week! no proof whatsoever

You could tweet him and ask him!  ;)
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 5:49am