Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I carnt help but......
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 276 Guests

I carnt help but......

This thread currently has 1,766 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
OneLove
January 6, 2015, 1:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Not get excited anymore about towns new signings.

What a deflated club to support at the minute, if I win the Euros tonight I will be putting a massive smile back on the park.

GTFC Forever!
Logged Offline
Private Message
DocTower
January 6, 2015, 3:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Especially when it's most likely we will never even see him in action .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Maringer
January 6, 2015, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from DocTower
Especially when it's most likely we will never even see him in action .

Why would you think that?

Of the loanees we've had, only Walker hasn't made an appearance. The young lad from Barnsley was an emergency loan due to injuries and made a few appearances. Pell made a several appearances before being sent back when players regained fitness and his form dropped, Watson (a player who has played almost all his football at New Zealand semi-pro level) has made a couple of brief appearances so far.

This Palmer lad has made over 50 appearances for Mansfield in the League and Cup over the past season and a half. A entirely different pedigree so seems pretty obvious to me that he'll be getting some game time almost from the off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
OneLove
January 6, 2015, 5:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
and scored how many goals???
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
moosey_club
January 6, 2015, 7:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,208
Gold Stars: 224
i carnt help but.....

you can't spell either  

I think this lad will get game time, maybe lip service but at least his first comments in the G.E.T this evening are heart warming,
"people describe me as a hard working striker but i think that (hardworking) is a pre requisite for a footballer"

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
LH
January 6, 2015, 7:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
That's definitely a paraphrased quote.  
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
The Singing Fisherman
January 6, 2015, 7:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +400
Quoted from OneLove
and scored how many goals???

Not a good scoring record in the league above us but a great scoring record in the league below us. So maybe our level might suit him perfectly. We can only wait and see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
AlanPoutonsTackle
January 6, 2015, 7:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +57
The least we can do is give new players a chance to settle and see how they go. Alan Connell wasn't that prolific when he came but did have a good reputation, reading up on this lad he isn't disliked as a player it just looks like he needs to drop a level and get games, but Mr Hurst he  does need those games.  Sometimes its the right player in the right hole. If he had scored 20 for Mansfield he wouldn't be coming here. If he came here just with his lower league record most people would be keen to see how he goes. Please just give him a chance because he's a young kid trying to forge his way in the game, and could just be a hit.

"With a minute to go Buckley said keep it in the corner, I thought he meant the top corner." - Jim Dobbin
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
HackneyHaddock
January 6, 2015, 9:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
We're 4th, with a game in hand, in a league where any team can win anywhere.  We've had a couple of rubbish games, as we do every December/January.

Time to back the players and coaches we have and get behind them at BP instead of creating a poisonous atmosphere where the players are scared to express themselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
denni266
January 7, 2015, 7:25am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
We're 4th, with a game in hand, in a league where any team can win anywhere.  We've had a couple of rubbish games, as we do every December/January.

Time to back the players and coaches we have and get behind them at BP instead of creating a poisonous atmosphere where the players are scared to express themselves.

Couple of bad games ??????????   specksavers is open at 9 am ............and we have been backing players and managers or over 11 yrs, and look where it got us.. they should grow some , , good job they dont work on the docks back  in its heyday
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I carnt help but......

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.