Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: OneLove, January 6, 2015, 1:38pm
Not get excited anymore about towns new signings.

What a deflated club to support at the minute, if I win the Euros tonight I will be putting a massive smile back on the park.

GTFC Forever!
Posted by: DocTower, January 6, 2015, 3:02pm; Reply: 1
Especially when it's most likely we will never even see him in action .
Posted by: Maringer, January 6, 2015, 3:12pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from DocTower
Especially when it's most likely we will never even see him in action .

Why would you think that?

Of the loanees we've had, only Walker hasn't made an appearance. The young lad from Barnsley was an emergency loan due to injuries and made a few appearances. Pell made a several appearances before being sent back when players regained fitness and his form dropped, Watson (a player who has played almost all his football at New Zealand semi-pro level) has made a couple of brief appearances so far.

This Palmer lad has made over 50 appearances for Mansfield in the League and Cup over the past season and a half. A entirely different pedigree so seems pretty obvious to me that he'll be getting some game time almost from the off.
Posted by: OneLove, January 6, 2015, 5:29pm; Reply: 3
and scored how many goals???
Posted by: moosey_club, January 6, 2015, 7:29pm; Reply: 4
i carnt help but.....

you can't spell either  :P

I think this lad will get game time, maybe lip service but at least his first comments in the G.E.T this evening are heart warming,
"people describe me as a hard working striker but i think that (hardworking) is a pre requisite for a footballer"
Posted by: LH, January 6, 2015, 7:32pm; Reply: 5
That's definitely a paraphrased quote.  ;)
Posted by: The Singing Fisherman, January 6, 2015, 7:42pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from OneLove
and scored how many goals???

Not a good scoring record in the league above us but a great scoring record in the league below us. So maybe our level might suit him perfectly. We can only wait and see.
Posted by: AlanPoutonsTackle, January 6, 2015, 7:57pm; Reply: 7
The least we can do is give new players a chance to settle and see how they go. Alan Connell wasn't that prolific when he came but did have a good reputation, reading up on this lad he isn't disliked as a player it just looks like he needs to drop a level and get games, but Mr Hurst he  does need those games.  Sometimes its the right player in the right hole. If he had scored 20 for Mansfield he wouldn't be coming here. If he came here just with his lower league record most people would be keen to see how he goes. Please just give him a chance because he's a young kid trying to forge his way in the game, and could just be a hit.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, January 6, 2015, 9:17pm; Reply: 8
We're 4th, with a game in hand, in a league where any team can win anywhere.  We've had a couple of rubbish games, as we do every December/January.

Time to back the players and coaches we have and get behind them at BP instead of creating a poisonous atmosphere where the players are scared to express themselves.
Posted by: denni266, January 7, 2015, 7:25am; Reply: 9
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
We're 4th, with a game in hand, in a league where any team can win anywhere.  We've had a couple of rubbish games, as we do every December/January.

Time to back the players and coaches we have and get behind them at BP instead of creating a poisonous atmosphere where the players are scared to express themselves.

Couple of bad games ??????????   specksavers is open at 9 am ............and we have been backing players and managers or over 11 yrs, and look where it got us.. they should grow some , , good job they dont work on the docks back  in its heyday
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 3:37pm