Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Promotional Video.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 140 Guests

Promotional Video.

This thread currently has 1,311 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
January 4, 2015, 11:51am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
We have seen a few good short video's from town on here last year,

So why don't the club do a promotional one highlighting the good parts of living in the area,

They could show it to any player they are hoping to sign,

A lot of players who do not know the area might be put off from coming because of the reputation of skint Grimsby shithole ect,

There are some lovely area's to focus on,

If it only changes one players mind about signing ,

It will be worth it,

Just a thought.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
January 4, 2015, 5:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Not a good idea then

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
dapperz fun pub
January 4, 2015, 5:55pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from grimsby pete
Not a good idea then

One was done Pete lad
SKINT  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
HackneyHaddock
January 4, 2015, 7:11pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I work in recruitment and clients often do put a lot into really selling their companies to top talent throughout the interview process.  This isn't only through videos, but getting potential recruits to meet their new colleagues, focusing on the social side, career-development and training and in some cases, the money.  Location can be tough for some people (I've found people jobs in the Middle East, London, North Africa and all around the UK) but isn't insurmountable if the person cares more about the other things.

The key is understanding what matters most to a player.  What's their "Hierarchy of Needs"?  If it's "Get first team football, get noticed, win a promotion" then we can probably get over the location in the case of a loan spell.  If it's "Get a steady club near my family, be near London, get a big pay rise" then we're going to be struggling.  The club's recruitment person (I would hope they are taking professional advice on this and not just leaving it to PH) should be helping to present the club's offering in the best way possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2015, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
I work in recruitment and clients often do put a lot into really selling their companies to top talent throughout the interview process.  This isn't only through videos, but getting potential recruits to meet their new colleagues, focusing on the social side, career-development and training and in some cases, the money.  Location can be tough for some people (I've found people jobs in the Middle East, London, North Africa and all around the UK) but isn't insurmountable if the person cares more about the other things.

The key is understanding what matters most to a player.  What's their "Hierarchy of Needs"?  If it's "Get first team football, get noticed, win a promotion" then we can probably get over the location in the case of a loan spell.  If it's "Get a steady club near my family, be near London, get a big pay rise" then we're going to be struggling.  The club's recruitment person (I would hope they are taking professional advice on this and not just leaving it to PH) should be helping to present the club's offering in the best way possible.

I think it's possible you may do a better job than those currently in position, however I wouldn't suggest you send your CV.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
GrimRob
January 5, 2015, 8:32am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
All a prospective player has to do is look on here, they will see what awaits them if they sign  

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Promotional Video.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.