Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 4, 2015, 11:51am
We have seen a few good short video's from town on here last year,

So why don't the club do a promotional one highlighting the good parts of living in the area,

They could show it to any player they are hoping to sign,

A lot of players who do not know the area might be put off from coming because of the reputation of skint Grimsby shithole ect,

There are some lovely area's to focus on,

If it only changes one players mind about signing ,

It will be worth it,

Just a thought.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 4, 2015, 5:37pm; Reply: 1
Not a good idea then (depressed)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 4, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from grimsby pete
Not a good idea then (depressed)

One was done Pete lad
SKINT  :-/
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, January 4, 2015, 7:11pm; Reply: 3
I work in recruitment and clients often do put a lot into really selling their companies to top talent throughout the interview process.  This isn't only through videos, but getting potential recruits to meet their new colleagues, focusing on the social side, career-development and training and in some cases, the money.  Location can be tough for some people (I've found people jobs in the Middle East, London, North Africa and all around the UK) but isn't insurmountable if the person cares more about the other things.

The key is understanding what matters most to a player.  What's their "Hierarchy of Needs"?  If it's "Get first team football, get noticed, win a promotion" then we can probably get over the location in the case of a loan spell.  If it's "Get a steady club near my family, be near London, get a big pay rise" then we're going to be struggling.  The club's recruitment person (I would hope they are taking professional advice on this and not just leaving it to PH) should be helping to present the club's offering in the best way possible.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 4, 2015, 7:23pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
I work in recruitment and clients often do put a lot into really selling their companies to top talent throughout the interview process.  This isn't only through videos, but getting potential recruits to meet their new colleagues, focusing on the social side, career-development and training and in some cases, the money.  Location can be tough for some people (I've found people jobs in the Middle East, London, North Africa and all around the UK) but isn't insurmountable if the person cares more about the other things.

The key is understanding what matters most to a player.  What's their "Hierarchy of Needs"?  If it's "Get first team football, get noticed, win a promotion" then we can probably get over the location in the case of a loan spell.  If it's "Get a steady club near my family, be near London, get a big pay rise" then we're going to be struggling.  The club's recruitment person (I would hope they are taking professional advice on this and not just leaving it to PH) should be helping to present the club's offering in the best way possible.

I think it's possible you may do a better job than those currently in position, however I wouldn't suggest you send your CV.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 5, 2015, 8:32am; Reply: 5
All a prospective player has to do is look on here, they will see what awaits them if they sign  ;)
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:44pm