FishOutOfWater
January 2, 2015, 4:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Marinerz93

Recovery may have been achieved if Woods wasn't appointed, but as we know the inept boardroom voted for a caretaker manager who couldn't win a game.  So it is not only Neweels tenure but Woods as well.  The players Neweel brought to the club have got to be some of the worse in terms of value for money we have ever seen.  

There is also no guarantee that any one including Slade who could have saved us.

AB's budget I am informed was no where near as much as what Neweel got.

The Lions share of blame lays at Neweels feet in my eyes for us being relegated out of the league.

That's fair comment mate...maybe I would put the ball more in Woods' court for our loss of league status but you maybe can't deny the ship was more or less "on the rocks" before he took over at the helm  (see what I did there given the supposed drinking culture we had at the time    )

Hindsight and all that but I still believe someone else other than Woods could have (although not necessarily would have) saved our league status...no way any one of us can say for sure though
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 11
Marinerz93
January 2, 2015, 4:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

That's fair comment mate...maybe I would put the ball more in Woods' court for our loss of league status but you maybe can't deny the ship was more or less "on the rocks" before he took over at the helm  (see what I did there given the supposed drinking culture we had at the time    )

Hindsight and all that but I still believe someone else other than Woods could have (although not necessarily would have) saved our league status...no way any one of us can say for sure though

Danny North said something about the drinking culture on the radio.

It will always be a grey area if our league status could have been saved but those players he brought in caused damage to the club internally as well, the likes of North and other young players.

I wouldn't say Woods was blameless but I felt and more than a few mentioned it at the time, Woods didn't really stand a chance with those players.  The board is at fault with Woods appointment just as much as the board of the day were to blame for not appointing Cockers when he was caretaker manager.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.