Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone STILL under the delusion...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 377 Guests

Anyone STILL under the delusion...

This thread currently has 3,978 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Badger57
December 28, 2014, 5:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
....that Hurst is a good manager or is capable of winning back the nay sayers?  Another bumper crowd and another anticlimax of cataclysmic proportions. The guy has not got a Scooby Doo. Just out of interest I wonder if any Town manager has had a worse home record as a percentage against away record?  I very very much doubt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2014, 5:17pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Me

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
grimsby pete
December 28, 2014, 5:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Me

I admire your trust Ronnie,

I used to be positive all the time,

BUT

Its gone now.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Mariner Ronnie
December 28, 2014, 5:24pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
That's ok Pete, I've since found out that being positive is better than being negative, there's no point in pessimism

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
AdamHaddock
December 28, 2014, 5:24pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,838
Gold Stars: 26
Slightly melodramatic there. Hopefully today was an off day - a town team who've kept plenty of clean sheets this season were opened up quite easily by Lincoln. They were quicker, stronger, passed the ball more accurately than us and moved into space far quicker. Having said that some of our problems today were self inflicted - sloppy, lazy passing, needless back passes when there's no pressure which on one occasion was underhit and left McKeown struggling.

I couldn't understand bringing Paddy on so late and when we were 3-1 down when it was obvious long before then that we were struggling to keep the ball and build any play. Diz, Shop and Pittman all worked hard and caused some problems and for a period Mackreth was lively when he came on. As I said, hopefully a blip.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
dapperz fun pub
December 28, 2014, 5:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Slightly melodramatic there. Hopefully today was an off day - a town team who've kept plenty of clean sheets this season were opened up quite easily by Lincoln. They were quicker, stronger, passed the ball more accurately than us and moved into space far quicker. Having said that some of our problems today were self inflicted - sloppy, lazy passing, needless back passes when there's no pressure which on one occasion was underhit and left McKeown struggling.

I couldn't understand bringing Paddy on so late and when we were 3-1 down when it was obvious long before then that we were struggling to keep the ball and build any play. Diz, Shop and Pittman all worked hard and caused some problems and for a period Mackreth was lively when he came on. As I said, hopefully a blip.

Fair enough but promotion outfits win these sort of games we dont
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Badger57
December 28, 2014, 5:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Slightly melodramatic maybe, but the point being that every single time we get into a position where the stayawaysbutwanttocomebacks are having a sniff, an abject fail of epic proportions inevitably ensues. This constant bottling is costing the club very very dearly. How long must it continue?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
dapperz fun pub
December 28, 2014, 5:47pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Badger57
Slightly melodramatic maybe, but the point being that every single time we get into a position where the stayawaysbutwanttocomebacks are having a sniff, an abject fail of epic proportions inevitably ensues. This constant bottling is costing the club very very dearly. How long must it continue?

Until we get a manager who can take the club by the scruff of the neck and lead us out of this nightmare the guy in charge now is not a leader of men unlike moyse who might not be very qualified but definetly is a leader and that showed today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
grimsby pete
December 28, 2014, 5:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Until we get a manager who can take the club by the scruff of the neck and lead us out of this nightmare the guy in charge now is not a leader of men unlike moyse who might not be very qualified but definetly is a leader and that showed today

I wonder where we would be now if Hurst had got the sack and Scott took over by himself,

Serious question,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
highcliff mariner
December 28, 2014, 6:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from grimsby pete

I wonder where we would be now if Hurst had got the sack and Scott took over by himself,

Serious question,

Serious question ?
You mean hypothetical question surely
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone STILL under the delusion...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.