Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Badger57, December 28, 2014, 5:17pm
....that Hurst is a good manager or is capable of winning back the nay sayers?  Another bumper crowd and another anticlimax of cataclysmic proportions. The guy has not got a Scooby Doo. Just out of interest I wonder if any Town manager has had a worse home record as a percentage against away record?  I very very much doubt it.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 28, 2014, 5:17pm; Reply: 1
Me
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 28, 2014, 5:20pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Me

I admire your trust Ronnie,

I used to be positive all the time,

BUT

Its gone now.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 28, 2014, 5:24pm; Reply: 3
That's ok Pete, I've since found out that being positive is better than being negative, there's no point in pessimism
Posted by: AdamHaddock, December 28, 2014, 5:24pm; Reply: 4
Slightly melodramatic there. Hopefully today was an off day - a town team who've kept plenty of clean sheets this season were opened up quite easily by Lincoln. They were quicker, stronger, passed the ball more accurately than us and moved into space far quicker. Having said that some of our problems today were self inflicted - sloppy, lazy passing, needless back passes when there's no pressure which on one occasion was underhit and left McKeown struggling.

I couldn't understand bringing Paddy on so late and when we were 3-1 down when it was obvious long before then that we were struggling to keep the ball and build any play. Diz, Shop and Pittman all worked hard and caused some problems and for a period Mackreth was lively when he came on. As I said, hopefully a blip.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 28, 2014, 5:29pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Slightly melodramatic there. Hopefully today was an off day - a town team who've kept plenty of clean sheets this season were opened up quite easily by Lincoln. They were quicker, stronger, passed the ball more accurately than us and moved into space far quicker. Having said that some of our problems today were self inflicted - sloppy, lazy passing, needless back passes when there's no pressure which on one occasion was underhit and left McKeown struggling.

I couldn't understand bringing Paddy on so late and when we were 3-1 down when it was obvious long before then that we were struggling to keep the ball and build any play. Diz, Shop and Pittman all worked hard and caused some problems and for a period Mackreth was lively when he came on. As I said, hopefully a blip.

Fair enough but promotion outfits win these sort of games we dont
Posted by: Badger57, December 28, 2014, 5:36pm; Reply: 6
Slightly melodramatic maybe, but the point being that every single time we get into a position where the stayawaysbutwanttocomebacks are having a sniff, an abject fail of epic proportions inevitably ensues. This constant bottling is costing the club very very dearly. How long must it continue?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 28, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Badger57
Slightly melodramatic maybe, but the point being that every single time we get into a position where the stayawaysbutwanttocomebacks are having a sniff, an abject fail of epic proportions inevitably ensues. This constant bottling is costing the club very very dearly. How long must it continue?

Until we get a manager who can take the club by the scruff of the neck and lead us out of this nightmare the guy in charge now is not a leader of men unlike moyse who might not be very qualified but definetly is a leader and that showed today
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 28, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Until we get a manager who can take the club by the scruff of the neck and lead us out of this nightmare the guy in charge now is not a leader of men unlike moyse who might not be very qualified but definetly is a leader and that showed today

I wonder where we would be now if Hurst had got the sack and Scott took over by himself,

Serious question,
Posted by: highcliff mariner, December 28, 2014, 6:01pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from grimsby pete

I wonder where we would be now if Hurst had got the sack and Scott took over by himself,

Serious question,

Serious question ?
You mean hypothetical question surely :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 28, 2014, 6:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Serious question ?
You mean hypothetical question surely :)

That as well ;D
Posted by: Maringer, December 28, 2014, 6:12pm; Reply: 11
Unfortunately, I don't think the squad is strong enough as it stands to win promotion. We're not far off, as the current League position shows, but we're two or three good players away from being real contenders.

Hurst obviously bears some responsibility for this as it is his team, but then we don't know about the financial constraints we have in comparison to some of the teams around us.

However, it seems we still can't compete reliably with many of the teams who are awash with big, quick and athletic players. That's a lot of the teams in the Conference, hence our continued struggles to beat the 'weaker' teams.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, December 28, 2014, 6:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from grimsby pete

Serious question,

Who knows Pete I was happy scott got sacked and happy Hurst was given a chance he's had his chance for me we wont get promoted under him IMO
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 28, 2014, 6:15pm; Reply: 13
I am. I personally think that we will get the play-offs this year but I am probably deluded. I feel deflated but most of the people on here are using knee jerk reactions.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 28, 2014, 6:19pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from AdamHaddock

Possibly but we have a lot of blips don't we. Too many.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 28, 2014, 6:22pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from 1739
I am. I personally think that we will get the play-offs this year but I am probably deluded. I feel deflated but most of the people on here are using knee jerk reactions.

How many times does it have to be pointed out, that this isn't a knee-jerk reaction? After one bad performance, yeah, 2,3,maybe 4,5,6,7? Or how about seasons? How many seasons of failure before it ceases to be a knee-jerk reaction.

The only knee-jerk reaction is the knee-jerk reaction to criticism of Hurst.
Posted by: wembley_double98, December 28, 2014, 6:22pm; Reply: 16
PH is after the FA Trophy as it is the nearest thing to winning anything, a very good credit to his CV!

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, December 28, 2014, 6:23pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

How many times does it have to be pointed out, that this isn't a knee-jerk reaction? After one bad performance, yeah, 2,3,maybe 4,5,6,7? Or how about seasons? How many seasons of failure before it ceases to be a knee-jerk reaction.

The only knee-jerk reaction is the knee-jerk reaction to criticism of Hurst.

Criticism of anything by the sounds of it!
Posted by: highcliff mariner, December 28, 2014, 6:25pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from 1739

They are not knee jerk , people have been posting the same concerns for the past 12 months !
Posted by: davmariner, December 28, 2014, 7:53pm; Reply: 19
Teams and managers have off days that's normal and fair enough we're all human. What worries me though, is that Hurst actually thought that we played well.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, December 28, 2014, 8:20pm; Reply: 20
We may well make the play offs but we have proved under pressure against any team with a bit of pace and power we stutter and fail so will still be here next season. I still don't think the players themselves believe they can get promotion this feeling is transfered to the crowd. Somebody mentioned a lack of backing from the fans after going 1-0 up. All I can say is they probably felt as I did the side looked jaded and vulnerable especially on the wing. They kept getting behind us looked big and stronger, more determined in the tackle it's no wonder we were fairly quite.  A Paul Groves type winner is needed also a proper winger with pace.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:29am