Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Do we play you soon?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 206 Guests

Do we play you soon?

This thread currently has 6,822 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
December 23, 2014, 10:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
If it is quiet then its generally because the team are doing well, as our own Principal Shareholder pointed on one occasion. If people were worried about losing to Macc and Lincoln then  they'd soon let the world know.....

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 35
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2014, 1:24am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
If it is quiet then its generally because the team are doing well, as our own Principal Shareholder pointed on one occasion. If people were worried about losing to Macc and Lincoln then  they'd soon let the world know.....

That doesn't at all conjure up a man in a sand coloured uniform with dark shades and a peaked cap does it?!

All non-compliant supporters will be terminated from shareholder list and sent to work in arcades.

But as for Lincoln, as the buggers can never be arsed to turn up in numbers more than can be carried on rulley, why should we bother to discuss them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
aldi_01
December 24, 2014, 8:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
There will be the usual over kill from the police even though there has been little trouble for a long time.

They'll fail to bring many even though they are the ones who hype it up etc and it'll be an awful game because they are a horrible little team. They'll predictably try and smash through our best players, probably have a man sent off and do very little to try and actually win the game.

I'm looking forward to the excuses for why they don't travel again, always entertaining.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
Garth
December 24, 2014, 9:34am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Poor excuses for not traveling 30+ miles to watch your team during holiday times says it all IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
aldi_01
December 24, 2014, 9:36am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I always think the best one is that BP is a shithole (I assume they've never been in Sincil Bank) and that its a shithole around the ground, again they must walk around their own ground with their eyes closed...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
Madeleymariner
December 24, 2014, 11:03am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Just noticed Power has had his red card overturned, thats Lincolns second appeal they have won this season. Did we miss a trick with The Shops sending off earlier this year?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
Paris Mariner
December 24, 2014, 11:55am
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from 75
Personally, I'm very bored of this 'derby'. It doesn't mean that much to me aside from the three points I hope we gain. Don't even know when it is, the 28th? Or New Years Day. We need to get out of this league as soon as possible so we can play the filth up the A180 and even Barnsley.

Interesting comment this as I have just been updating my pictorial blog 'I love ticket stubs' in which I post pictures of tickets from gigs and sports events I hve been to over the years. My GTFC season ticket booklets are missing (4) but pretty much every other game (excluding matches where no ticket was issued) is on there. The most interesting thinfg about this is - and I've been collecting tickets since 1997 - that Grimsby v Lincoln is my most attended fixture both home and away. It is also a derby I look forward to. Hailng from Skegness, pretty much equidistant between the two, you get a real sense of bragging rights as there are quite a few City fans round our way. I have also found the atmosphere pretty decent overall (although Lincoln could bring more fans to BP) and the games are generally quite entertaining. Let us not forget that it is also the oldest and most played Lincolnshire derby.

Please look at my pictorial blog. ingoldale.tumblr.com it is interesting to see, and important to point out I think, that Grimsby Town FC ticket prices have reamined largely the same and vey consistent which is clearly documented on my site and I think the club should get a bit of recognition for so please take a look. Any music fans might enjoy it too. I haven't finished uploading all my tickets, it also isn't in chronological order but please take a look and let me know what you think.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 16 - 35
biggles9999
December 24, 2014, 12:00pm
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Not sure if you mean the one earlier this season or the one against Lincoln last season but I cant see that either wouldve been turned over.

Unfortunately LJL was late on their keeper and whether it was fully deserved or not I cant imagine the FA overturning it as it was blatently wrong (imo).

As for the one this season it was for 2 bookable offences so you cant appeal them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
arryarryarry
December 24, 2014, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Interesting comment this as I have just been updating my pictorial blog 'I love ticket stubs' in which I post pictures of tickets from gigs and sports events I hve been to over the years. My GTFC season ticket booklets are missing (4) but pretty much every other game (excluding matches where no ticket was issued) is on there. The most interesting thinfg about this is - and I've been collecting tickets since 1997 - that Grimsby v Lincoln is my most attended fixture both home and away. It is also a derby I look forward to. Hailng from Skegness, pretty much equidistant between the two, you get a real sense of bragging rights as there are quite a few City fans round our way. I have also found the atmosphere pretty decent overall (although Lincoln could bring more fans to BP) and the games are generally quite entertaining. Let us not forget that it is also the oldest and most played Lincolnshire derby.

Please look at my pictorial blog. ingoldale.tumblr.com it is interesting to see, and important to point out I think, that Grimsby Town FC ticket prices have remained largely the same and very consistent which is clearly documented on my site and I think the club should get a bit of recognition for so please take a look. Any music fans might enjoy it too. I haven't finished uploading all my tickets, it also isn't in chronological order but please take a look and let me know what you think.

A pity then that you can't say the same about the level and standard of the football we are paying for.

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
Abdul19
December 24, 2014, 1:56pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from biggles9999
Not sure if you mean the one earlier this season or the one against Lincoln last season but I cant see that either wouldve been turned over.

Unfortunately LJL was late on their keeper and whether it was fully deserved or not I cant imagine the FA overturning it as it was blatently wrong (imo).

As for the one this season it was for 2 bookable offences so you cant appeal them.

I think last season's was 2 yellows too.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Do we play you soon?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.