Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Helgy, December 23, 2014, 4:48pm
Never known this site to be so quiet so close to playing Lincoln :P
Normally there have been about plenty of threads but this year none?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), December 23, 2014, 4:57pm; Reply: 1
Personally, I'm very bored of this 'derby'. It doesn't mean that much to me aside from the three points I hope we gain. Don't even know when it is, the 28th? Or New Years Day. We need to get out of this league as soon as possible so we can play the filth up the A180 and even Barnsley.
Posted by: LH, December 23, 2014, 5:14pm; Reply: 2
I'd like to see us avenge our loss at yours earlier this season but other than that it's a struggle to muster any enthusiasm for a game against a lowly Lincoln. If we were both at the top it might be a bit better but with the inevitable poor following from there it just seems like another game against a bottom half team. Not meaning to be offensive - it's bad for our county's football that we're both in this league and Scunny are the only Lincolnshire FL representatives.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 23, 2014, 7:59pm; Reply: 3
We must be as Lincs Police have been issuing warnings to both elements through the local media today.....both sets of spotters will be out on patrol, trouble will not be tolerated, if you just want to fight you will be disappointed...(normally the case when we play Lincoln as they dont turn up.....bdum tssshhhh) etc etc.

The way they are talking it up makes it sound like there have been mass brawls and running riots in recent fixtures.....sounds like they are trying to justify the immense police presence that will be on show (no doubt on double bubble time) ahead of the invoice the club will receive.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), December 23, 2014, 8:35pm; Reply: 4
I don't see it as a derby. I don't mind Lincoln, they have always been irrelevant although a lot of  Lincoln fans despise Town. I honestly do think a lot of it has to do with envy which I am guilty of in regards to most of our real rivals.
Posted by: Tom13, December 23, 2014, 8:40pm; Reply: 5
I think the fact that it comes between two very important games at the top of the table against Macclesfield kind of takes the edge off it as well - if I had to choose one of the three Christmas games to lose, I'd be inclined to say the Lincoln game because losing (one of) the other two would mean ground lost on Macclesfield.

Obviously I still want to win the derby though (and preferably all 3 if possible!)!
Posted by: mrsd, December 23, 2014, 9:56pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Tom13
I think the fact that it comes between two very important games at the top of the table against Macclesfield kind of takes the edge off it as well - if I had to choose one of the three Christmas games to lose, I'd be inclined to say the Lincoln game because losing (one of) the other two would mean ground lost on Macclesfield.

Obviously I still want to win the derby though (and preferably all 3 if possible!)!

If we lost to Lincoln we would probably lose ground on Macclesfield too
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 23, 2014, 10:01pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Helgy
Never known this site to be so quiet so close to playing Lincoln :P
Normally there have been about plenty of threads but this year none?

Sadly due to the fact that Lincoln fans put more effort with poor excuses not to turn up than actually turn up, your team has become a poor derby fixture almost treated as another non league game.

Lincoln are the worst supported Lincs derby team.  Scunthorpe almost filled the away end when they came, Lincoln bring around a 3rd of that support, shocking really.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 23, 2014, 10:28pm; Reply: 8
Lincoln are a fair way below Town in the table. That's always a danger sign. Three points counts the same no matter who you beat to get them so the Lincoln game should be taken as seriously as Macc and Barnet - in Town's case more so when you consider our record against lower teams.
Posted by: Tom13, December 23, 2014, 10:34pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from mrsd

If we lost to Lincoln we would probably lose ground on Macclesfield too

Obviously but the hypothetical point is if you had to choose to lose one then losing either of the Macc games would do more harm to our title hopes than losing to a mid-table team - if the game was against Wrexham who are in a similar position, no doubt we'd be prioritising the Macc games.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 23, 2014, 10:44pm; Reply: 10
If it is quiet then its generally because the team are doing well, as our own Principal Shareholder pointed on one occasion. If people were worried about losing to Macc and Lincoln then  they'd soon let the world know.....
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 24, 2014, 1:24am; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob
If it is quiet then its generally because the team are doing well, as our own Principal Shareholder pointed on one occasion. If people were worried about losing to Macc and Lincoln then  they'd soon let the world know.....

That doesn't at all conjure up a man in a sand coloured uniform with dark shades and a peaked cap does it?! (lethercap)

All non-compliant supporters will be terminated from shareholder list and sent to work in arcades.

But as for Lincoln, as the buggers can never be arsed to turn up in numbers more than can be carried on rulley, why should we bother to discuss them.
Posted by: aldi_01, December 24, 2014, 8:42am; Reply: 12
There will be the usual over kill from the police even though there has been little trouble for a long time.

They'll fail to bring many even though they are the ones who hype it up etc and it'll be an awful game because they are a horrible little team. They'll predictably try and smash through our best players, probably have a man sent off and do very little to try and actually win the game.

I'm looking forward to the excuses for why they don't travel again, always entertaining.
Posted by: Garth, December 24, 2014, 9:34am; Reply: 13
Poor excuses for not traveling 30+ miles to watch your team during holiday times says it all IMO
Posted by: aldi_01, December 24, 2014, 9:36am; Reply: 14
I always think the best one is that BP is a shithole (I assume they've never been in Sincil Bank) and that its a shithole around the ground, again they must walk around their own ground with their eyes closed...
Posted by: Madeleymariner, December 24, 2014, 11:03am; Reply: 15
Just noticed Power has had his red card overturned, thats Lincolns second appeal they have won this season. Did we miss a trick with The Shops sending off earlier this year?
Posted by: Paris Mariner, December 24, 2014, 11:55am; Reply: 16
Quoted from 75
Personally, I'm very bored of this 'derby'. It doesn't mean that much to me aside from the three points I hope we gain. Don't even know when it is, the 28th? Or New Years Day. We need to get out of this league as soon as possible so we can play the filth up the A180 and even Barnsley.

Interesting comment this as I have just been updating my pictorial blog 'I love ticket stubs' in which I post pictures of tickets from gigs and sports events I hve been to over the years. My GTFC season ticket booklets are missing (4) but pretty much every other game (excluding matches where no ticket was issued) is on there. The most interesting thinfg about this is - and I've been collecting tickets since 1997 - that Grimsby v Lincoln is my most attended fixture both home and away. It is also a derby I look forward to. Hailng from Skegness, pretty much equidistant between the two, you get a real sense of bragging rights as there are quite a few City fans round our way. I have also found the atmosphere pretty decent overall (although Lincoln could bring more fans to BP) and the games are generally quite entertaining. Let us not forget that it is also the oldest and most played Lincolnshire derby.

Please look at my pictorial blog. ingoldale.tumblr.com it is interesting to see, and important to point out I think, that Grimsby Town FC ticket prices have reamined largely the same and vey consistent which is clearly documented on my site and I think the club should get a bit of recognition for so please take a look. Any music fans might enjoy it too. I haven't finished uploading all my tickets, it also isn't in chronological order but please take a look and let me know what you think.

Posted by: biggles9999, December 24, 2014, 12:00pm; Reply: 17
Not sure if you mean the one earlier this season or the one against Lincoln last season but I cant see that either wouldve been turned over.

Unfortunately LJL was late on their keeper and whether it was fully deserved or not I cant imagine the FA overturning it as it was blatently wrong (imo).

As for the one this season it was for 2 bookable offences so you cant appeal them.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 24, 2014, 1:48pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Interesting comment this as I have just been updating my pictorial blog 'I love ticket stubs' in which I post pictures of tickets from gigs and sports events I hve been to over the years. My GTFC season ticket booklets are missing (4) but pretty much every other game (excluding matches where no ticket was issued) is on there. The most interesting thinfg about this is - and I've been collecting tickets since 1997 - that Grimsby v Lincoln is my most attended fixture both home and away. It is also a derby I look forward to. Hailng from Skegness, pretty much equidistant between the two, you get a real sense of bragging rights as there are quite a few City fans round our way. I have also found the atmosphere pretty decent overall (although Lincoln could bring more fans to BP) and the games are generally quite entertaining. Let us not forget that it is also the oldest and most played Lincolnshire derby.

Please look at my pictorial blog. ingoldale.tumblr.com it is interesting to see, and important to point out I think, that Grimsby Town FC ticket prices have remained largely the same and very consistent which is clearly documented on my site and I think the club should get a bit of recognition for so please take a look. Any music fans might enjoy it too. I haven't finished uploading all my tickets, it also isn't in chronological order but please take a look and let me know what you think.

A pity then that you can't say the same about the level and standard of the football we are paying for.

Posted by: Abdul19, December 24, 2014, 1:56pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from biggles9999
Not sure if you mean the one earlier this season or the one against Lincoln last season but I cant see that either wouldve been turned over.

Unfortunately LJL was late on their keeper and whether it was fully deserved or not I cant imagine the FA overturning it as it was blatently wrong (imo).

As for the one this season it was for 2 bookable offences so you cant appeal them.

I think last season's was 2 yellows too.
Posted by: Helgy, December 24, 2014, 5:18pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Just noticed Power has had his red card overturned, thats Lincolns second appeal they have won this season. Did we miss a trick with The Shops sending off earlier this year?

Rightly so ref first sent off the Kiddy player told him 3 times off ,then the lino flagged and he sent off Power. On review of the video the red card was taken away but unfortunately the result still stands.
Posted by: Helgy, December 24, 2014, 5:24pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Marinerz93

Sadly due to the fact that Lincoln fans put more effort with poor excuses not to turn up than actually turn up, your team has become a poor derby fixture almost treated as another non league game.

Lincoln are the worst supported Lincs derby team.  Scunthorpe almost filled the away end when they came, Lincoln bring around a 3rd of that support, shocking really.

There seems to be a lack of excuses this year so I am hoping we take a few more than normal.
I don't get why we don't take more, last season we took more away to Barnet than we did to your place.
Simmo has gone great at signing players but very limited with his tactics.

Posted by: mariner91, December 24, 2014, 5:25pm; Reply: 22
Are you still a team hellbent on fouling and disrupting play with cynical fouls and off the ball incidents whilst showing limited ambition to get forward and attack?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 24, 2014, 5:54pm; Reply: 23
Anyone know who the Ref will be this time?
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 24, 2014, 6:40pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Helgy

There seems to be a lack of excuses this year so I am hoping we take a few more than normal.
I don't get why we don't take more, last season we took more away to Barnet than we did to your place.
Simmo has gone great at signing players but very limited with his tactics.

How crossed eyed are your fans, you slate Grimsby but travel further to an even worse excrement hole  ;D

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2la8nrc.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: mariner91, December 24, 2014, 11:38pm; Reply: 25
http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Grandfather-64-charged-murder-Alex-Robinson/story-25761534-detail/story.html

The cathedral is wonderful though.
Posted by: Helgy, December 25, 2014, 2:05pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Marinerz93

How crossed eyed are your fans, you slate Grimsby but travel further to an even worse excrement hole  ;D

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2la8nrc.gif[/IMG]

Loads of London imps go , Barnet's not that bad been to far worse.
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 25, 2014, 5:50pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Helgy

Loads of London imps go , Barnet's not that bad been to far worse.

There must be hundreds if not a thousand London Gimps then ;)

I reiterate, the Scunts almost filled the Osmond (1800), we are lucky if Lincoln bring anywhere near half of that   :-/
Posted by: MarinerWY, December 25, 2014, 7:20pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Marinerz93

I reiterate, the Scunts almost filled the Osmond (1800), we are lucky if Lincoln bring anywhere n!ar half of that   :-/

Yeah, although it's great to wind the others up that we are, always have been and always will be the best supported team in Lincolnshire, crowd sizes don't win games.

So it's a good think Lincoln are crap at football as well!  :)

Posted by: Helgy, December 26, 2014, 10:04am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Marinerz93

There must be hundreds if not a thousand London Gimps then ;)

I reiterate, the Scunts almost filled the Osmond (1800), we are lucky if Lincoln bring anywhere near half of that   :-/

Not disputing that for whatever reason we never travel in numbers to yours, hopefully we might bring more this year.

Posted by: Marinerz93, December 26, 2014, 12:58pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Helgy

Not disputing that for whatever reason we never travel in numbers to yours, hopefully we might bring more this year.

We have been playing Lincoln since 1888, FA Cup and then League with Football Alliance since 1891. the reasons why you don't travel in numbers is an annual competition between your fans to see who can come up with the lamest excuse.  That's one of the funny things playing Lincoln  ;)
Posted by: Helgy, December 26, 2014, 1:24pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Marinerz93

We have been playing Lincoln since 1888, FA Cup and then League with Football Alliance since 1891. the reasons why you don't travel in numbers is an annual competition between your fans to see who can come up with the lamest excuse.  That's one of the funny things playing Lincoln  ;)

May have been but there is a surprise lack of excuses this season. Only reasons to go. :P
Posted by: Marinerz93, December 26, 2014, 1:49pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Helgy

May have been but there is a surprise lack of excuses this season. Only reasons to go. :P

;D

We'll see, it is still early doors yet, plenty of time to get those funny excuses in  :P
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 26, 2014, 11:03pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from mariner91
Are you still a team hellbent on fouling and disrupting play with cynical fouls and off the ball incidents whilst showing limited ambition to get forward and attack?

A couple of points, they scored more than us in the game at SB and they have now scored as many goals as we have.

Posted by: mariner91, December 27, 2014, 12:58am; Reply: 34
Quoted from arryarryarry

A couple of points, they scored more than us in the game at SB and they have now scored as many goals as we have.

I'm basing that on what I've seen in the past, wasn't able to see the game at Sincil Bank this year sadly.
Posted by: Helgy, December 27, 2014, 2:34pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from mariner91

I'm basing that on what I've seen in the past, wasn't able to see the game at Sincil Bank this year sadly.

That was Simmo's tactics but we are still a hoof and hack team how else are we picking up so many  bookings and reds.

Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 8:06am