2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
MyDogsThoughts
December 1, 2014, 7:57am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Yes, the famous old league club Grimsby Town were drawn away to The Dog and Duck in Hicksville Nottinghamshire. Landlord Tom Haddon said "It is a dream come true", having spent a wet weekend in Cleethorpes in the 1990's he has always wanted revenge. His parents however won a Darby & Joan Christmas raffle in the 70's and they still talk about "that wonderful week in Meggy" even today.

The actual day saw the 25 Town fans who used the Battle Bus and the other 25 who made their own way fill Tom's pub and then quadruple their usual attendance. The local heros played well for the first ten minutes and then the Sunday League side tired for the remaining eighty. The TOWN  managed to hang on though and the game finished 1-1 with a much needed money spinning replay at Blundell park next Tuesday.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
ivanosandwich
December 1, 2014, 8:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,467
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Yes, the famous old league club Grimsby Town were drawn away to The Dog and Duck in Hicksville Nottinghamshire. Landlord Tom Haddon said "It is a dream come true", having spent a wet weekend in Cleethorpes in the 1990's he has always wanted revenge. His parents however won a Darby & Joan Christmas raffle in the 70's and they still talk about "that wonderful week in Meggy" even today.

The actual day saw the 25 Town fans who used the Battle Bus and the other 25 who made their own way fill Tom's pub and then quadruple their usual attendance. The local heros played well for the first ten minutes and then the Sunday League side tired for the remaining eighty. The TOWN  managed to hang on though and the game finished 1-1 with a much needed money spinning replay at Blundell park next Tuesday.

Very good, I liked that.

Just to make your story even 'worse'.......the replay is next Saturday, forcing a league game to be postponed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
MyDogsThoughts
December 1, 2014, 8:45am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Very good, I liked that.

Just to make your story even 'worse'.......the replay is next Saturday, forcing a league game to be postponed.

Yeah, sorry about that: three players got injured in the replay though and missed the next three league matches: Pearson, The Shop and Magnay.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
highcliff mariner
December 1, 2014, 9:03am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Prob wont make much difference (results wise )  
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
MeanwoodMariner
December 1, 2014, 9:10am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Thanks for the report, not sure how I missed that when it all happened. Anyway, it's yet another game unbeaten. Well done Town.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
psgmariner
December 1, 2014, 9:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Who scored for Town?

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
MeanwoodMariner
December 1, 2014, 9:19am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from psgmariner
Who scored for Town?

Hannah. He worked really hard and looked sharp all game. I'm certain that this time he will be able to step up and take this form in to our league matches.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
LH
December 1, 2014, 9:27am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Must have been one of the regulars running the line then!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
psgmariner
December 1, 2014, 10:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Fingers crossed we get The Red Lion at home in the next round.

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
Grantham_Mariner
December 1, 2014, 10:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Hannah. He worked really hard and looked sharp all game. I'm certain that this time he will be able to step up and take this form in to our league matches.

No linesman to flag him offside then.....

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA Trophy: away to The Dog and Duck

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.