Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Away Following Averages (to end Nov)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 145 Guests

Away Following Averages (to end Nov)

This thread currently has 4,235 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
MeanwoodMariner
December 1, 2014, 9:12am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Does the "we are Grimsby Town and second place is not good enough" apply to the fans or is it just Hurst?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
forza ivano
December 1, 2014, 11:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
lincoln's following quite impressive, given that they're shiite!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
barralad
December 1, 2014, 11:10am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from forza ivano
lincoln's following quite impressive, given that they're shiite!

I thought that (on both counts) but didn't want to be seen as saying anything positive on here re:- Lincoln...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
Jarmo.Is.God
December 1, 2014, 11:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
looking forward to seeing how many Bristol bring here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
fleabag1970
December 1, 2014, 11:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
It is easy to see that the Ex League clubs pay the Bills for the small teams in this League . where would they be with out there big pay day when they play them at home ?? Have you ever wondered why it is so hard to get out this league ? The small teams don't want us too and will do everything they can to keep the Big teams in this League

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
arryarryarry
December 1, 2014, 1:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from fleabag1970
It is easy to see that the Ex League clubs pay the Bills for the small teams in this League . where would they be with out there big pay day when they play them at home ?? Have you ever wondered why it is so hard to get out this league ? The small teams don't want us too and will do everything they can to keep the Big teams in this League

Which number is that in the "why we couldn't beat a bunch of part-timers" book of excuses.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
prestonmariner
December 2, 2014, 1:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +250
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Our total is boosted by the 1700 who went to Lincoln, so when that is factored into the overall averages the number drops.

Still impressive though and 482 at Telford along with the 717 at Altrincham shows we do have a good following. Mid-week and cold, wet weather games in the new year will test our resolve. Dover and Eastleigh to come also. Not trying to be negative, but unless we start winning again the 505 average is going to fall: I'll be at Macc on Boxing Day and I bet we have well over 505 there to watch us: lets try and keep the average above 500 for the whole season.

If it wasn't for the lack of bloody trains, i'd be there too!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
lukeo
December 4, 2014, 6:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
I think we'll average easy over 500. we have maccs and alfreton to play yet and I'm sure over 800 will go to both of those. Even games like FGR I can see 400+ coming, even over 500 if we hit a bit of form and fighting for the top spot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 4, 2014, 6:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from fleabag1970

Some (most) of the refereeing performances have left me wondering this over the years, with Scott neilsons sending off in the playoffs being the most suspect, coupled with the fact that small teams with money can buy the league in one season while larger teams like Luton struggled to do that, BUT the truth is for our team that we never start off with enough squad depth, so we end up inundating ourselves with loan players or short term signings who are either irreplacable and we lose them or poor or disruptive, and have a reliance on one or two core players or factors that we lose and can't sustain our title challenge, if we can keep going on decent little runs and keep ourselves really truly in the running, and from there we could decide to spend more money on another couple of quality signings, like a central defender becAuse a coach, a fullback or an emergency loan isn't good enough backup for a title winning side, and whatever else we might need at that time, then I'll be very hopeful, we usually either under do it or over do it, I don't want to end up with 6 strikers and two of them are like Michael rankine and Richard Brodie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Les Brechin
December 4, 2014, 9:31pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Slightly different total of away fans average in this table but we are top of the % away fans table after Tuesday's games.

[img]http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4693[/img]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Away Following Averages (to end Nov)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.