38 Welling
  36 Braintree

181.4 overall average

Courtesy of http://www.thefootballforum.net
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 30, 2014, 4:15pm; Reply: 1
well done to all that's travelled :)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 30, 2014, 4:50pm; Reply: 2
I blame 1. Fenty
And.      2. Hurst for being second . What a fooking shambles .
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 30, 2014, 4:51pm; Reply: 3
Very good lads , keep it up.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 30, 2014, 7:25pm; Reply: 4
Does that include smoke bombs getting in as juniors?
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, November 30, 2014, 7:31pm; Reply: 5
Still impressive away following.
Posted by: barralad, November 30, 2014, 7:41pm; Reply: 6
Torquay's is impressive given that their nearest away game must be close on 100 miles away...
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 30, 2014, 10:15pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from barralad
Torquay's is impressive given that their nearest away game must be close on 100 miles away...

Fully agree Barra, fantastic effort by Torquay fans considering they must have the furthest to travel and makes Lincoln's central location and the their away support pitiful.
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, December 1, 2014, 8:18am; Reply: 8
Our total is boosted by the 1700 who went to Lincoln, so when that is factored into the overall averages the number drops.

Still impressive though and 482 at Telford along with the 717 at Altrincham shows we do have a good following. Mid-week and cold, wet weather games in the new year will test our resolve. Dover and Eastleigh to come also. Not trying to be negative, but unless we start winning again the 505 average is going to fall: I'll be at Macc on Boxing Day and I bet we have well over 505 there to watch us: lets try and keep the average above 500 for the whole season.
Posted by: chaos33, December 1, 2014, 9:07am; Reply: 9
Quoted from barralad

Agree, although we've probably only got 2 opponents under 100 miles haven't we? Plus, we've got an awful lot of long away trips to the vast majority of conference clubs located south of Lincs, so I'd say ours is very impressive indeed  :)
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, December 1, 2014, 9:12am; Reply: 10
Does the "we are Grimsby Town and second place is not good enough" apply to the fans or is it just Hurst?
Posted by: forza ivano, December 1, 2014, 11:07am; Reply: 11
lincoln's following quite impressive, given that they're shiite!
Posted by: barralad, December 1, 2014, 11:10am; Reply: 12
Quoted from forza ivano
lincoln's following quite impressive, given that they're shiite!

I thought that (on both counts) but didn't want to be seen as saying anything positive on here re:- Lincoln...
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 1, 2014, 11:45am; Reply: 13
looking forward to seeing how many Bristol bring here
Posted by: fleabag1970, December 1, 2014, 11:46am; Reply: 14
It is easy to see that the Ex League clubs pay the Bills for the small teams in this League . where would they be with out there big pay day when they play them at home ?? Have you ever wondered why it is so hard to get out this league ? The small teams don't want us too and will do everything they can to keep the Big teams in this League
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 1, 2014, 1:36pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from fleabag1970
It is easy to see that the Ex League clubs pay the Bills for the small teams in this League . where would they be with out there big pay day when they play them at home ?? Have you ever wondered why it is so hard to get out this league ? The small teams don't want us too and will do everything they can to keep the Big teams in this League

Which number is that in the "why we couldn't beat a bunch of part-timers" book of excuses.
Posted by: prestonmariner, December 2, 2014, 1:47am; Reply: 16
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Our total is boosted by the 1700 who went to Lincoln, so when that is factored into the overall averages the number drops.

Still impressive though and 482 at Telford along with the 717 at Altrincham shows we do have a good following. Mid-week and cold, wet weather games in the new year will test our resolve. Dover and Eastleigh to come also. Not trying to be negative, but unless we start winning again the 505 average is going to fall: I'll be at Macc on Boxing Day and I bet we have well over 505 there to watch us: lets try and keep the average above 500 for the whole season.

If it wasn't for the lack of bloody trains, i'd be there too!
Posted by: lukeo, December 4, 2014, 6:39pm; Reply: 17
I think we'll average easy over 500. we have maccs and alfreton to play yet and I'm sure over 800 will go to both of those. Even games like FGR I can see 400+ coming, even over 500 if we hit a bit of form and fighting for the top spot
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, December 4, 2014, 6:59pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from fleabag1970

Some (most) of the refereeing performances have left me wondering this over the years, with Scott neilsons sending off in the playoffs being the most suspect, coupled with the fact that small teams with money can buy the league in one season while larger teams like Luton struggled to do that, BUT the truth is for our team that we never start off with enough squad depth, so we end up inundating ourselves with loan players or short term signings who are either irreplacable and we lose them or poor or disruptive, and have a reliance on one or two core players or factors that we lose and can't sustain our title challenge, if we can keep going on decent little runs and keep ourselves really truly in the running, and from there we could decide to spend more money on another couple of quality signings, like a central defender becAuse a coach, a fullback or an emergency loan isn't good enough backup for a title winning side, and whatever else we might need at that time, then I'll be very hopeful, we usually either under do it or over do it, I don't want to end up with 6 strikers and two of them are like Michael rankine and Richard Brodie
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 4, 2014, 9:31pm; Reply: 19
Slightly different total of away fans average in this table but we are top of the % away fans table after Tuesday's games.

[img]http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=4693[/img]
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 7:51am