Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Margins are small ...............
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 273 Guests

Margins are small ...............

This thread currently has 863 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
fleabag1970
November 30, 2014, 1:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
We are 8 points behind barnet who are top . There are only 11 points between us and Chester in 16th place . If all the Teams play their games in hand then the margin between us and Chester would be 8 ?

My point is this is a Bloody tight league where the margins between winning and losing are small . An away point is never a bad one unless you fail to take the 3 points at home . I'm a little confused why PH reverted to 442 away from home when 433 and a 1-0 at Telford would have been a good result .

Oh well UTM onwards we go.......................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
oldun
November 30, 2014, 1:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
The guy just can't win with some fans. For weeks people have been asking for 2 up top. PH does that against Woking, we win 3-1. He plays the same team against Telford to go out and get the win. Few would argue with that decision. It did not work because the players, yes the players,  did not take their chances and we got done by a strike from distance out of the blue which I understand our goal keeper might have done better with. How is all that PH's fault?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
arryarryarry
November 30, 2014, 2:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from fleabag1970
We are 8 points behind barnet who are top . There are only 11 points between us and Chester in 16th place . If all the Teams play their games in hand then the margin between us and Chester would be 8 ?

My point is this is a Bloody tight league where the margins between winning and losing are small . An away point is never a bad one unless you fail to take the 3 points at home . I'm a little confused why PH reverted to 442 away from home when 433 and a 1-0 at Telford would have been a good result .

Oh well UTM onwards we go.......................

Having seen just about every game this season, I don't think we actually play 4-3-3 more like 4-5-1 and as for yesterday it wouldn't have made much difference as our worst three players were LJL, Mackreth and Arnold who would have been your likely front 3.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
BIGChris
November 30, 2014, 2:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from arryarryarry

Having seen just about every game this season, I don't think we actually play 4-3-3 more like 4-5-1 and as for yesterday it wouldn't have made much difference as our worst three players were LJL, Mackreth and Arnold who would have been your likely front 3.

I wouldnt have put LJL or Arnold in our 3 worst players yesterday and Telford boss seemed to think our front two were the best they had faced all season. Opinions opinions
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
denni266
November 30, 2014, 4:09pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
As most will know , i am not a fan of hurst, but i like to think  i am fair.. I think he got it right yesterday tbh.. it was the players that had good chances that cost us not mr hurst. it was a bad day at the office up front , but i am not going to call the players as they would usually put them chances away. Just put it down to a vey costly day at the office
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Margins are small ...............

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.