Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are you happy with Town's league position.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 219 Guests

Are you happy with Town's league position.
  View Results 0 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Are you happy with Town's league position.

This thread currently has 3,478 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
northbankmariner
November 29, 2014, 10:14pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Quoted from 75

Count me in the deluded and insane club then. We are in the Conference, nothing other than first is acceptable.

Deluded? no. Insane? No. But unrealistic ?possibly. We have no right to be top, there are some very good teams down here at this level of which we are one of the best in my opinion. I am very happy to be second out of 24 teams, am not unambitious or unhopefull but I am happy to have a team that wins more than it loses right now.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
Stevie Saunders
November 29, 2014, 11:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Happy with position but like many why do I feel a bit disillusioned and not satisfied?
I'm not unrealistic either - I accept we are non league and have no divine right to get back in FL; this is a bloody tough league to get out of; it is ultra competitive; we are one of about 10 teams who are at same ability level (I include Barnet in this) and that is why it is so topsy turvy.
But...... I very rarely feel entertained; very rarely walk away from a game saying to a mate "God, that was a bloody great game"
To moan about being second is bloody ridiculous frankly, but it could be the fact that there is only one automatic spot which piles the pressure on more than it should??

Truth is we don't score enough goals when we are on top - in fact we don't score enough goals
Lenny has done bloody well this season but is not a 'predator' striker like Hearn; we need another regular scorer to have any chance of winning league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
GorgeousGeorge
November 29, 2014, 11:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +30
Quoted from GrimRob
Surely everyone (apart from the deluded and insane) would have settled for the league table we have now at this stage if you'd have been offered it at the start of the season?

Given that you started the name calling I feel justified in responding.  Do you actually know anything about football?  We play crap football, the manager has no idea what to do when his flakey tactics fail.  Take the games in hand scenario and we could be in sixth spot.  The leaders are well clear.  (You do realise that only one automatic promotion spot is available?).  I think you ought to forget about threats from the former chairman about legal action and start having your own opinion.

Deluded, insane and rapidly losing any remaining faith in the once proud club known as GTFC.  I have no idea where you reside Rob, but I live in the real world and the current position ISN'T good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
TAGG
November 29, 2014, 11:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from 75

Count me in the deluded and insane club then. We are in the Conference, nothing other than first is acceptable.

This

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
bobbyturtle
November 30, 2014, 12:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
happy to be 2nd at the moment,all to play for in the second half of the season, we can.t really ask for a lot more.

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
Marinerz93
November 30, 2014, 12:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
2nd is only good enough as a stepping stone for top spot come the business end of the season.  I am not happy that we can't put to bed the lesser teams with a convincing performance.  Dropping vital points could cost us but more importantly we just don't seem to be dominant enough to crush lesser teams.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
ackomariner
November 30, 2014, 8:21am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge

Given that you started the name calling I feel justified in responding.  Do you actually know anything about football?  We play crap football, the manager has no idea what to do when his flakey tactics fail.  Take the games in hand scenario and we could be in sixth spot.  The leaders are well clear.  (You do realise that only one automatic promotion spot is available?).  I think you ought to forget about threats from the former chairman about legal action and start having your own opinion.

Deluded, insane and rapidly losing any remaining faith in the once proud club known as GTFC.  I have no idea where you reside Rob, but I live in the real world and the current position ISN'T good enough.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
cmackenzie4
November 30, 2014, 8:36am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Happy with position but like many why do I feel a bit disillusioned and not satisfied?
I'm not unrealistic either - I accept we are non league and have no divine right to get back in FL; this is a bloody tough league to get out of; it is ultra competitive; we are one of about 10 teams who are at same ability level (I include Barnet in this) and that is why it is so topsy turvy.
But...... I very rarely feel entertained; very rarely walk away from a game saying to a mate "God, that was a bloody great game"
To moan about being second is bloody ridiculous frankly, but it could be the fact that there is only one automatic spot which piles the pressure on more than it should??

Truth is we don't score enough goals when we are on top - in fact we don't score enough goals
Lenny has done bloody well this season but is not a 'predator' striker like Hearn; we need another regular scorer to have any chance of winning league

My thoughts exactly Stevie.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
ginnywings
November 30, 2014, 8:41am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Can't really complain at being second at this stage of the season but with only one automatic promotion spot, we need to up our game.

I don't think our strikers are good enough to take us all the way to top spot and a club of our standing in this league should have better ones. We will make the pay offs and then be dependent on our strikers bringing their A game to three matches. I'm not confident that they can.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Hagrid
November 30, 2014, 8:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
im happy, i'd take second at any stage of the season, i agree with others that if we could put to bed this issue we have with the lower teams then we'd be more than likely top, but theres a hell of a long way to go yet and I believe we can catch barnet  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Are you happy with Town's league position.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.