Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 29, 2014, 8:14pm
At this moment , games in hand and all that.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 29, 2014, 8:17pm; Reply: 1
Surely everyone (apart from the deluded and insane) would have settled for the league table we have now at this stage if you'd have been offered it at the start of the season?
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 29, 2014, 8:18pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from GrimRob
Surely everyone (apart from the deluded and insane) would have settled for the league table we have now at this stage if you'd have been offered it at the start of the season?

Exactly.

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 29, 2014, 8:19pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GrimRob

this.
Posted by: lee65, November 29, 2014, 8:21pm; Reply: 4
Well I voted "yes", but we need to be in touch with Barnet when we meet them on 17th Jan (and no reason we shouldn't be)
Posted by: mariner2000, November 29, 2014, 8:30pm; Reply: 5
its a stupid question.  its not about the league position, its about how poor we are as a team.  Maybe we are just where we are in the league as there are no stand out teams....why are we not a stand out team....
Posted by: poomehellt, November 29, 2014, 8:39pm; Reply: 6
I am very happy with our league position. I am unhappy with the way we are playing, am very unhappy with us seemingly to get results against part time lower half of the table teams whislt getting results away from home at places like Bristol, Wrexham and Torquay. Winning those matches should be the results that get us out of this league, not blowing our chances against part time whipping boys like whats happening at the moment.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, November 29, 2014, 8:43pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from promotion plaice

Exactly.

Seconded.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 29, 2014, 8:47pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GrimRob

Count me in the deluded and insane club then. We are in the Conference, nothing other than first is acceptable.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 29, 2014, 9:04pm; Reply: 9
It's the shitty fact that you could end up with 20 points ahead of everyone else in second place and blow it in the playoffs... Wrexham the other season, 9 points ahead, 5 points off top spot.

If we had two automatic promotion places, I bet a lot of people would be far more content with our current league position.  I voted yes anyway.
Posted by: northbankmariner, November 29, 2014, 10:14pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 75

Count me in the deluded and insane club then. We are in the Conference, nothing other than first is acceptable.

Deluded? no. Insane? No. But unrealistic ?possibly. We have no right to be top, there are some very good teams down here at this level of which we are one of the best in my opinion. I am very happy to be second out of 24 teams, am not unambitious or unhopefull but I am happy to have a team that wins more than it loses right now.
Posted by: Stevie Saunders, November 29, 2014, 11:33pm; Reply: 11
Happy with position but like many why do I feel a bit disillusioned and not satisfied?
I'm not unrealistic either - I accept we are non league and have no divine right to get back in FL; this is a bloody tough league to get out of; it is ultra competitive; we are one of about 10 teams who are at same ability level (I include Barnet in this) and that is why it is so topsy turvy.
But...... I very rarely feel entertained; very rarely walk away from a game saying to a mate "God, that was a bloody great game"
To moan about being second is bloody ridiculous frankly, but it could be the fact that there is only one automatic spot which piles the pressure on more than it should??

Truth is we don't score enough goals when we are on top - in fact we don't score enough goals
Lenny has done bloody well this season but is not a 'predator' striker like Hearn; we need another regular scorer to have any chance of winning league
Posted by: GorgeousGeorge, November 29, 2014, 11:53pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from GrimRob

Given that you started the name calling I feel justified in responding.  Do you actually know anything about football?  We play crap football, the manager has no idea what to do when his flakey tactics fail.  Take the games in hand scenario and we could be in sixth spot.  The leaders are well clear.  (You do realise that only one automatic promotion spot is available?).  I think you ought to forget about threats from the former chairman about legal action and start having your own opinion.

Deluded, insane and rapidly losing any remaining faith in the once proud club known as GTFC.  I have no idea where you reside Rob, but I live in the real world and the current position ISN'T good enough.
Posted by: TAGG, November 29, 2014, 11:56pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 75

This
Posted by: bobbyturtle, November 30, 2014, 12:07am; Reply: 14
happy to be 2nd at the moment,all to play for in the second half of the season, we can.t really ask for a lot more.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 30, 2014, 12:11am; Reply: 15
2nd is only good enough as a stepping stone for top spot come the business end of the season.  I am not happy that we can't put to bed the lesser teams with a convincing performance.  Dropping vital points could cost us but more importantly we just don't seem to be dominant enough to crush lesser teams.
Posted by: ackomariner, November 30, 2014, 8:21am; Reply: 16
Quoted from GorgeousGeorge

Given that you started the name calling I feel justified in responding.  Do you actually know anything about football?  We play crap football, the manager has no idea what to do when his flakey tactics fail.  Take the games in hand scenario and we could be in sixth spot.  The leaders are well clear.  (You do realise that only one automatic promotion spot is available?).  I think you ought to forget about threats from the former chairman about legal action and start having your own opinion.

Deluded, insane and rapidly losing any remaining faith in the once proud club known as GTFC.  I have no idea where you reside Rob, but I live in the real world and the current position ISN'T good enough.

:X
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 30, 2014, 8:36am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
Happy with position but like many why do I feel a bit disillusioned and not satisfied?
I'm not unrealistic either - I accept we are non league and have no divine right to get back in FL; this is a bloody tough league to get out of; it is ultra competitive; we are one of about 10 teams who are at same ability level (I include Barnet in this) and that is why it is so topsy turvy.
But...... I very rarely feel entertained; very rarely walk away from a game saying to a mate "God, that was a bloody great game"
To moan about being second is bloody ridiculous frankly, but it could be the fact that there is only one automatic spot which piles the pressure on more than it should??

Truth is we don't score enough goals when we are on top - in fact we don't score enough goals
Lenny has done bloody well this season but is not a 'predator' striker like Hearn; we need another regular scorer to have any chance of winning league

My thoughts exactly Stevie.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 30, 2014, 8:41am; Reply: 18
Can't really complain at being second at this stage of the season but with only one automatic promotion spot, we need to up our game.

I don't think our strikers are good enough to take us all the way to top spot and a club of our standing in this league should have better ones. We will make the pay offs and then be dependent on our strikers bringing their A game to three matches. I'm not confident that they can.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 30, 2014, 8:57am; Reply: 19
im happy, i'd take second at any stage of the season, i agree with others that if we could put to bed this issue we have with the lower teams then we'd be more than likely top, but theres a hell of a long way to go yet and I believe we can catch barnet  
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:26pm