Pearson
Thomas

Nielsen
Brown
Clay

Arnold
Pittman
LJL

But, unlike our recent attempts the front three to play as a three not dropping to protect the full backs leaving LJL as the only player to chat the Woking back four as we p!ss about with the ball at the back before losing possession.

Even push LJL wide regularly so we can hit a long diagonal pass (toto loves a hoof, why not try and use it occasionally).

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
November 25, 2014, 10:18am
Guest User
we must have a poor squad if the SHOP keeps getting into every ones side, im sorry but he is average at best . He may be our leading scorer (pens have helped) but how many does he miss per game???  How many points would we be better off and how much pressure would it take off the team if he could score the opportunities he gets.We can not rely on him so why play him, cut out hes a nice guy we need results!!!!! this is my opinion bring back young Oates(now on loan at Chester and scored sat).
Reply: 21 - 30
Hagrid
November 25, 2014, 11:07am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from 4055
we must have a poor squad if the SHOP keeps getting into every ones side, im sorry but he is average at best . He may be our leading scorer (pens have helped) but how many does he miss per game???  How many points would we be better off and how much pressure would it take off the team if he could score the opportunities he gets.We can not rely on him so why play him, cut out hes a nice guy we need results!!!!! this is my opinion bring back young Oates(now on loan at Chester and scored sat).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
Garth
November 25, 2014, 11:22am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 4055

if you had a show of hands it would show that LJL would be on the team sheet by a margin of 80% plus IMO, however you are entitled to you opinion as am I, will Woking beat their attendance figure of 22 last time we played them, should be all of 30 seeing that they could go second
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
moosey_club
November 25, 2014, 3:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Well....... Thomas is withdrawn from the team as he is ill according to Compass FM so i would expect to see Magnay at left back, Parslow right back, freeing Disley to come back in.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
brad_gtfc
November 25, 2014, 4:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +16 / -3
Approval: +269
My team tonight would be..

Macca

Parslow  Toto  Pearson  Magnay

Arnold   Clay   Brown    Nielson

LJL   Pittman

Subs: Paddy, Disley, McKreth, Hannah, Watson
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
highcliff mariner
November 25, 2014, 5:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Grimal

I would go with most of that, except I would have Paddy in for Thomas at left back.

Paddy in at full back over Thomas , really ?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
MrsMariner
November 25, 2014, 5:34pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
[quote=1227]Toto didn’t look at the races on Saturday so why not give Magnay a go in his preferred position tomorrow, he deserves it after his form this season. Two up top as well when we are at home please PH.

I agree with you about Toto, is this another case of fans comments effecting a players confidence. I heard Toto had replied to the fans comments that he was the worse player to pull on the black & white stripes, perhaps the pressure was on to prove he wasn't & it got to him.
We will never no but surely us as fans should be getting behind the players with our support, not constantly criticising.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
grimsby pete
November 25, 2014, 6:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from highcliff mariner

Paddy in at full back over Thomas , really ?

Thomas is ill but Hurst says he should be ok to play.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
moosey_club
November 25, 2014, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Pell now recalled by Wimbledon....so a few changes this evening now anyway.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team v Woking

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.