Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time to stop making excuses !
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 235 Guests

Time to stop making excuses !

This thread currently has 5,140 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Sir Matt Tease
November 22, 2014, 5:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +279
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Hagrid
Cue the why wern't you posting when we won 5 in a row. We had a very much off day you absolute clown, think everyone on here will say we were poir today but what do you try and gain from this ludicrous attention seeking post

See what I mean, always one prat ready to accept substandard performances !!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 46
Mariner Ronnie
November 22, 2014, 6:00pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

See what I mean, always one prat ready to accept substandard performances !!!!!!!!

why resort to name calling?

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
chaos33
November 22, 2014, 6:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from Tommy
I haven't posted much in the last couple of months because the season just a sense of inevitability about it.

I came to the conclusion after the Southport game that I thought Hurst should be removed from his position. I said at the time I thought Hurst was a decent manager and has done a decent job with us, but I don't see him as being capable of taking us any further than he has. I highlighted his negative approach, lack of understanding of different systems, inability to read (and act on) the tactical flow of a game and strange substitutions as clear flaws of his.

What has happened since then is probably likely to keep repeating itself over and over until the seasons end. We drew a few, won a few, and lost. I suspect we'll always have these little good runs under Hurst which get us all thinking we might do it and might get that level of consistency needed. But it all comes crashing down sooner rather than later. And describing away draws at Dartford and Altrincham as good points just speaks volumes to me and doesn't sound like team going for the title. I've also said several times before about his inability to get us playing 433. He claims its a 433 but its not, its 451 the way he has us playing it.

I'm normally as positive as anyone but I have a deflated feeling as I've kind of resigned myself to the likely outcome of us being ok but inconsistent and making the play offs without too much difficulty. Sadly, when we get there, I don't think Hurst has got the tactical nouse to manage us through 3 vital games to take us up.

UTM

I totally agree mate and it's also one of the reasons why I don't post as much too. General disillusionment with the ever-repeating pattern of results and performances and how things go on here after both victories and losses.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 46
Sir Matt Tease
November 22, 2014, 6:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +279
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

why resort to name calling?

I did not resort to name calling, but I am apparently a clown for having an opinion and stating the obvious !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
psgmariner
November 22, 2014, 6:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
It failed today no question. He was however manager of the month last month so it made sense to keep with what was working so well.

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
moosey_club
November 22, 2014, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,200
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from psgmariner
It failed today no question. He was however manager of the month last month so it made sense to keep with what was working so well.

Brown, Parlsey and Pell havnt been the three thats been working well though.  Brown dropped too deep today to receive the ball which pretty much negated Parslow's role when we had possession, there was a massive hole in the centre today between LJL and the back four and whereas in recent weeks Disley and Clay would be up with or running beyond LJL and that just didnt happen today.
LJL was fairly isolated.

However we had more than enough half decent chances to have won the game today but failed to convert them, wasnt a great performance and with our back four playing like strangers the game was never going to be easy.

Not much ground lost but a good opportunity wasted.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 46
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 22, 2014, 6:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Hagrid
Cue the why wern't you posting when we won 5 in a row. We had a very much off day you absolute clown, think everyone on here will say we were poir today but what do you try and gain from this ludicrous attention seeking post

Perhaps it just possibly has something to do with the manner of Town losing to Kidderminster Reserves? Seems reasonable to say they should have done a teeny bit better don't you think? Also to point out that while some results in the good run were excellent, some were downright lucky and a draw at Altrincham was a very poor show. This makes 2 poor performances on the bounce and people are entitled to be a little bit annoyed about that.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
Mariner Ronnie
November 22, 2014, 6:42pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6

Perhaps it just possibly has something to do with the manner of Town losing to Kidderminster Reserves? Seems reasonable to say they should have done a teeny bit better don't you think? Also to point out that while some results in the good run were excellent, some were downright lucky and a draw at Altrincham was a very poor show. This makes 2 poor performances on the bounce and people are entitled to be a little bit annoyed about that.

they played nothing like a reserve side!!!!!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
jonnyboy82
November 22, 2014, 7:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Not very bit quite on here.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 46
rancido
November 22, 2014, 7:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

I did not resort to name calling, but I am apparently a clown for having an opinion and stating the obvious !

So in your parallel universe calling someone a prat is not name calling? How bizarre!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time to stop making excuses !

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.