Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, November 22, 2014, 5:07pm
The time has come ladies and gentlemen to stop making excuses for this inept, negative, clueless manager !

Kidderminster have recently had to get rid of most of their best players but still have no trouble beating us, A bunch of Insurance salesmen and plumbers have no problem putting four past Altrincham, but not us, no, we struggle for a draw.

At this rate we will struggle for the play offs, which with this squad available IS CRIMINAL !!!!!!!

This is what you get when a defensive coach manages your team !

I honestly believe that if the majority of fans on here found Paul Hurst in bed with their wife/girlfriend they would still make excuses for him !!!!! (And a cup of tea) !!!!

Its time to STOP, time to take of the rose tinted spectacles and wake up and smell the coffee !!!!!!!

Cue excuses,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we are still second, blah blah blah......................best defensive record, blah blah blah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lenny will score 40. blah blah blah

WAKE UP before its too late.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 22, 2014, 5:13pm; Reply: 1
Cue the why wern't you posting when we won 5 in a row. We had a very much off day you absolute clown, think everyone on here will say we were poir today but what do you try and gain from this ludicrous attention seeking post
Posted by: ginnywings, November 22, 2014, 5:18pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Hagrid
Cue the why wern't you posting when we won 5 in a row. We had a very much off day you absolute clown, think everyone on here will say we were poir today but what do you try and gain from this ludicrous attention seeking post

I agree with the OP but you're not allowed to question the regime on here without getting shot down, so I don't post much now.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 22, 2014, 5:31pm; Reply: 3
Same here but I stopped attending after the Southport game and vowed not to return whilst PH remained in charge. Not particularly proud of my stance and recent results were starting to make me question if I was right, however, the content of my brother's texts at half and full time mean I will be staying at home Tuesday as well.

Keep hoping PH will change his approach for home matches but it appears not. I hope we can get out of this league but to do so our home form has to be addressed.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 22, 2014, 5:31pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from ginnywings

I agree with the OP but you're not allowed to question the regime on here without getting shot down, so I don't post much now.

and if you stand up for the regime you get shot down too!!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 22, 2014, 5:36pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

and if you stand up for the regime you get shot down too!!

Everyone should be allowed an opinion, I truly hope you are proved right Ronnie, but if we are to succeed I would reiterate that home form and performances have to improve. If as you say on another thread that we would have struggled even if we had played well where does that leave us in terms of achieving our objective?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 22, 2014, 5:36pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
The time has come ladies and gentlemen to stop making excuses for this inept, negative, clueless manager !

Kidderminster have recently had to get rid of most of their best players but still have no trouble beating us, A bunch of Insurance salesmen and plumbers have no problem putting four past Altrincham, but not us, no, we struggle for a draw.

At this rate we will struggle for the play offs, which with this squad available IS CRIMINAL !!!!!!!

This is what you get when a defensive coach manages your team !

I honestly believe that if the majority of fans on here found Paul Hurst in bed with their wife/girlfriend they would still make excuses for him !!!!! (And a cup of tea) !!!!

Its time to STOP, time to take of the rose tinted spectacles and wake up and smell the coffee !!!!!!!

Cue excuses,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we are still second, blah blah blah......................best defensive record, blah blah blah,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lenny will score 40. blah blah blah

WAKE UP before its too late.

You forgot - one bad game isn't the end of the world. This comment is allowed but strangely the opposite never is for some reason.

Also ..... there are 25m points still to play for

And ..... with our budget we are doing as well as can be expected.

And .... we had X number of players out injured and suspended. Oops, we didn't did we? Scratch that one.

;)
Posted by: DocTower, November 22, 2014, 5:44pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
Cue the why wern't you posting when we won 5 in a row. We had a very much off day you absolute clown, think everyone on here will s
t what do you try and gain from this ludicrous attention seeking post

These " OFF" days are getting far too regular . If your will to accept it and say nothing I feel sorry . That performance was yet another waste of money .  My decision to pay for that today t , my decision not to both on Tuesday . Good crowd there , to be let down again by the same OFF day performance .
Posted by: Bruce Springsteen, November 22, 2014, 5:56pm; Reply: 8
just listened to Hurst and Magnay......Hurst was garbage, and Magnay sounded like a manager
Posted by: Tommy, November 22, 2014, 5:57pm; Reply: 9
I haven't posted much in the last couple of months because the season just a sense of inevitability about it.

I came to the conclusion after the Southport game that I thought Hurst should be removed from his position. I said at the time I thought Hurst was a decent manager and has done a decent job with us, but I don't see him as being capable of taking us any further than he has. I highlighted his negative approach, lack of understanding of different systems, inability to read (and act on) the tactical flow of a game and strange substitutions as clear flaws of his.

What has happened since then is probably likely to keep repeating itself over and over until the seasons end. We drew a few, won a few, and lost. I suspect we'll always have these little good runs under Hurst which get us all thinking we might do it and might get that level of consistency needed. But it all comes crashing down sooner rather than later. And describing away draws at Dartford and Altrincham as good points just speaks volumes to me and doesn't sound like team going for the title. I've also said several times before about his inability to get us playing 433. He claims its a 433 but its not, its 451 the way he has us playing it.

I'm normally as positive as anyone but I have a deflated feeling as I've kind of resigned myself to the likely outcome of us being ok but inconsistent and making the play offs without too much difficulty. Sadly, when we get there, I don't think Hurst has got the tactical nouse to manage us through 3 vital games to take us up.

UTM
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, November 22, 2014, 5:58pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Hagrid

See what I mean, always one prat ready to accept substandard performances !!!!!!!!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 22, 2014, 6:00pm; Reply: 11

See what I mean, always one prat ready to accept substandard performances !!!!!!!!

why resort to name calling?
Posted by: chaos33, November 22, 2014, 6:06pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Tommy
I haven't posted much in the last couple of months because the season just a sense of inevitability about it.

I came to the conclusion after the Southport game that I thought Hurst should be removed from his position. I said at the time I thought Hurst was a decent manager and has done a decent job with us, but I don't see him as being capable of taking us any further than he has. I highlighted his negative approach, lack of understanding of different systems, inability to read (and act on) the tactical flow of a game and strange substitutions as clear flaws of his.

What has happened since then is probably likely to keep repeating itself over and over until the seasons end. We drew a few, won a few, and lost. I suspect we'll always have these little good runs under Hurst which get us all thinking we might do it and might get that level of consistency needed. But it all comes crashing down sooner rather than later. And describing away draws at Dartford and Altrincham as good points just speaks volumes to me and doesn't sound like team going for the title. I've also said several times before about his inability to get us playing 433. He claims its a 433 but its not, its 451 the way he has us playing it.

I'm normally as positive as anyone but I have a deflated feeling as I've kind of resigned myself to the likely outcome of us being ok but inconsistent and making the play offs without too much difficulty. Sadly, when we get there, I don't think Hurst has got the tactical nouse to manage us through 3 vital games to take us up.

UTM

I totally agree mate and it's also one of the reasons why I don't post as much too. General disillusionment with the ever-repeating pattern of results and performances and how things go on here after both victories and losses.
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, November 22, 2014, 6:09pm; Reply: 13

I did not resort to name calling, but I am apparently a clown for having an opinion and stating the obvious !
Posted by: psgmariner, November 22, 2014, 6:13pm; Reply: 14
It failed today no question. He was however manager of the month last month so it made sense to keep with what was working so well.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 22, 2014, 6:29pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from psgmariner
It failed today no question. He was however manager of the month last month so it made sense to keep with what was working so well.

Brown, Parlsey and Pell havnt been the three thats been working well though.  Brown dropped too deep today to receive the ball which pretty much negated Parslow's role when we had possession, there was a massive hole in the centre today between LJL and the back four and whereas in recent weeks Disley and Clay would be up with or running beyond LJL and that just didnt happen today.
LJL was fairly isolated.

However we had more than enough half decent chances to have won the game today but failed to convert them, wasnt a great performance and with our back four playing like strangers the game was never going to be easy.

Not much ground lost but a good opportunity wasted.  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 22, 2014, 6:41pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Hagrid

Perhaps it just possibly has something to do with the manner of Town losing to Kidderminster Reserves? Seems reasonable to say they should have done a teeny bit better don't you think? Also to point out that while some results in the good run were excellent, some were downright lucky and a draw at Altrincham was a very poor show. This makes 2 poor performances on the bounce and people are entitled to be a little bit annoyed about that.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 22, 2014, 6:42pm; Reply: 17

Perhaps it just possibly has something to do with the manner of Town losing to Kidderminster Reserves? Seems reasonable to say they should have done a teeny bit better don't you think? Also to point out that while some results in the good run were excellent, some were downright lucky and a draw at Altrincham was a very poor show. This makes 2 poor performances on the bounce and people are entitled to be a little bit annoyed about that.

they played nothing like a reserve side!!!!!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 22, 2014, 7:08pm; Reply: 18
Not very bit quite on here.
Posted by: rancido, November 22, 2014, 7:25pm; Reply: 19

I did not resort to name calling, but I am apparently a clown for having an opinion and stating the obvious !

So in your parallel universe calling someone a prat is not name calling? How bizarre!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 22, 2014, 7:30pm; Reply: 20

Come on Ronnie. It's no good picking on my little joke and poetic licence and ignoring the serious bits, is it? ;)

Posted by: promotion plaice, November 22, 2014, 7:49pm; Reply: 21
Still waiting for this striker ( hairs and all that ) that will give us a chance of winning the title, or make the difference between making the playoffs and winning the playoffs.
Posted by: DocTower, November 22, 2014, 7:51pm; Reply: 22

They went out , knowing what they had to do , they had a game plan , they worked for each other . The manager gave them belief .
And ours did ?
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), November 22, 2014, 9:09pm; Reply: 23
looking back at our purple patch apart from the Torquay and Wrexham games, we have won games without looking anything special we was lucky to come away with a point last week so maybe our luck is starting to run out, I can't remember the last time I see town dominate a game, league champions not a chance playoff hopefuls maybe just.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 22, 2014, 9:14pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from 2578
looking back at our purple patch apart from the Torquay and Wrexham games, we have won games without looking anything special we was lucky to come away with a point last week so maybe our luck is starting to run out, I can't remember the last time I see town dominate a game, league champions not a chance playoff hopefuls maybe just.

We're second favourites to win the league with the bookies (that's every firm offering odds) and second favourites for promotion. Now I'm not rushing out and backing us but if at the start of the season someone offered me that we were second favourites at the end of November then I would have snapped their hand off. If you really think the bookies are wrong (which seems a bit weird as you are a supporter) then I suggest you lay us.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 22, 2014, 9:28pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from GrimRob

We're second favourites to win the league with the bookies (that's every firm offering odds) and second favourites for promotion. Now I'm not rushing out and backing us but if at the start of the season someone offered me that we were second favourites at the end of November then I would have snapped their hand off. If you really think the bookies are wrong (which seems a bit weird as you are a supporter) then I suggest you lay us.

I wonder how many bookies had Southampton to be 2nd and Liverpool 11th in the Prem. They are not infallible, in the end they just have opinions same as us.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 22, 2014, 9:42pm; Reply: 26

I wonder how many bookies had Southampton to be 2nd and Liverpool 11th in the Prem. They are not infallible, in the end they just have opinions same as us.

The difference is most bookies still have Liverpool as more likely to finish in the top 4 than Southampton (or did last time I looked a couple of weeks ago). So they are basically saying Southampton are in a false position. Whereas with us they are not.

Posted by: Garth, November 22, 2014, 10:03pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from promotion plaice
Still waiting for this striker ( hairs and all that ) that will give us a chance of winning the title, or make the difference between making the playoffs and winning the playoffs.

Would not have made a difference today, it was the defence that let us down unfortunately
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 22, 2014, 10:08pm; Reply: 28

Why didn't you ask that very same question of Hagrid?

Posted by: grimsby pete, November 22, 2014, 10:22pm; Reply: 29

Maybe because the other poster called him a clown, ( and he is a moderator )
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, November 22, 2014, 10:38pm; Reply: 30
Haven't  been on here today due to no phone reception but reading many posts it was a p1ss poor performance and defence were poor. The defence I would think everyone would agree has been good this season ( goals conceded is excellent) although personally I am not so sure on Toto but is part of a successful defence.
I believe we should have an away tactic with Lenny leading line but at home we must be more positive and go with at least 2 out and out strikers.
UTM

Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 23, 2014, 1:25am; Reply: 31
Quoted from GrimRob

Genuine questions Rob. What did the bookies have us down for the last few seasons? Did they call the previous few champions and play off winners right?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 23, 2014, 1:33am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Same here but I stopped attending after the Southport game and vowed not to return whilst PH remained in charge. Not particularly proud of my stance and recent results were starting to make me question if I was right, however, the content of my brother's texts at half and full time mean I will be staying at home Tuesday as well.

Keep hoping PH will change his approach for home matches but it appears not. I hope we can get out of this league but to do so our home form has to be addressed.

'Vowing' is a bit much but as far as I am concerned, if Grimsby Town are in the Conference (which I accept we are after 5 flipping years), then that is not good enough. Second is not good enough, first at the end of the season will do. And then, there will be no open top parade, no town hall square heaving with supporters, just GTFC fans able to lift their heads without shame.

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 23, 2014, 7:01am; Reply: 33
The most frustrating and disappointing aspect of all this is we have all been waiting for Barnet to have a indifferent spell this is now happening but because we are even worse we are still losing ground.  This is not the promotion wining run we need FFS Hurst get the fecking hair dryer out. WE NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS LEAGUE it is dragging us down. Feck the new ground Fenty concentrate on helping Hurst get a decent striker in. Barnet WILL hit top form again soon and I fear we may not catch them which will be a failure big time,

COME ON TOWN WAKE UP.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 23, 2014, 8:23am; Reply: 34
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Genuine questions Rob. What did the bookies have us down for the last few seasons? Did they call the previous few champions and play off winners right?

I assume you mean at the start of the season? Last few years Luton have always been clear favourites. We've normally been in the top 4, the clubs the have got promoted have often been way down in the betting. Their odds reflect playing budget more than anything I think.
Posted by: carrot top, November 23, 2014, 8:24am; Reply: 35
Home record P11 W5 D3 L3

That is only a 46% win percentage and we have lost 27%  of home games already. Not good enough for promotion.

Sort the formation out Mr Hurst and stop blaming the fans. He is lucky nearly 3500 turn out for every game.

I have never been so bored as I was yesterday watching that rubbish. Hang on though Southport game, Dover game etc etc.

We may be 2nd in the league but we are far from convincing especially at home.......again
Posted by: LH, November 23, 2014, 11:20am; Reply: 36
Quoted from GrimRob

I assume you mean at the start of the season? Last few years Luton have always been clear favourites. We've normally been in the top 4, the clubs the have got promoted have often been way down in the betting. Their odds reflect playing budget more than anything I think.

Probably reflects the markets when people are putting their leagues accumulators on at the beginning of the season too.  There'll be people with no knowledge of the lower leagues picking the Portsmouths and Lutons of the leagues because they've heard of them.
Posted by: lobsterpot, November 23, 2014, 11:39am; Reply: 37
In a nutshell, the games weve won/drawn/lost have been all the same average performances. Some of the opo havent been good enough for it to matter, others have. Basically we've been winging it IMO so stick that in your pipe and smoke bomb it!
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, November 23, 2014, 1:37pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from lobsterpot
In a nutshell, the games weve won/drawn/lost have been all the same average performances. Some of the opo havent been good enough for it to matter, others have. Basically we've been winging it IMO so stick that in your pipe and smoke bomb it!

Sums it up perfectly for me !
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 23, 2014, 4:41pm; Reply: 39
Dartford away we played rubbish but got a draw with a late penalty,

Braintree away we played rubbish but won 1-0,

Yesterday played rubbish and lost 2-0,

3 games I have been to in the last couple of months,

Common denominator =  we played rubbish.

I do not blame the players just the system they are told to play.
Posted by: rancido, November 23, 2014, 4:53pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from grimsby pete

Although I take your point certainly yesterday for the first half the players performance was well below what they are capable of. I know the system didn't help but too many of the side played like they hadn't even trained together. Too many were not at the races and this had nothing to do with the system ( I didn't agree with the set-up I will add).
Posted by: ackomariner, November 23, 2014, 5:01pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from grimsby pete

Shite at alty last week too Pete
Posted by: Garth, November 23, 2014, 7:15pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from ackomariner

Shite at alty last week too Pete

Makes you wonder what they do regarding training in the week, not corner takes thats for sure
Posted by: ackomariner, November 23, 2014, 7:25pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Garth

Makes you wonder what they do regarding training in the week, not corner takes thats for sure

Well hurst stated in the telewag on Friday I think it was, that they've had a good week in training this week.....then put a performance in like that yesterday.

Tbh I think a bit of complacency has crept in the last two games with the team
Posted by: Garth, November 23, 2014, 7:37pm; Reply: 44
They should pick the best corner taker from the squad and stick with him, it seems that it something that is missing from our game this season
Posted by: LookBackInAngers, November 23, 2014, 7:39pm; Reply: 45
Having watched Town since 1962 at home and since 1967 away at almost every ground in the country I am obviously very unhinged and view things with Black and White tinted spectacles.However I do not feel this is the worst side we've ever had.A really difficult league to get out of but with an extra couple of players and hopefully few injuries I do feel this will still be our year to rejoin the league we should never have been allowed to leave.Won't always be pretty and there will be slips but keep the faith.
Posted by: chaos33, November 23, 2014, 7:44pm; Reply: 46
Slips are one thing, but habits, patterns, trends...are quite another. The non-performances at home happen too often to be thought of as inevitable blips in my opinion. Something's not right.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:24am