Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Zealand striker Hamish Watson signs for Town
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 300 Guests

New Zealand striker Hamish Watson signs for Town

This thread currently has 9,010 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
November 20, 2014, 8:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
Goalscoring has been said on here several times to be non teachable - ie a natural art that can be enhanced by knowledge of how to beat the offside trap, how to gain the vital yard to get away from the defender, how to shoot quickly and accurately, sometimes off balance or under challenge.

This lad could be the right age, hopefully right attitude, and by training for a month, should be up to squad fitness.

He scored 3 goals against Corby, so is gaining experience going towards the right footballing level.

If he gets a start or off the bench, his chances should be at Conference level, set up by the quality of the squad.

It's then up to him to show what he can do ! Best of luck if chosen.

Vardy showed that someone at this level can be spotted to go higher up the ladder - could this lad be our rough diamond?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 48
promotion plaice
November 20, 2014, 8:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
The team he's come from though is equivalent probably to a level like cleethorpes town, which is not to write off ability but to highlight that he'll probably have a lot to learn at this level so would give him a good few games before considering rating him, at the same time might explode into the scene never know

Just found this,            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC8QUNdU1Jw

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 48
jonnyboy82
November 20, 2014, 9:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I have no idea were he fits in pauls plans..

We have been playing with one main striker which has been lenny then pittman is the next in line..

Ross hannah must be hoping someone comes in for him in january and that might not be a bad thing as he just doesnt fit in pauls style at all.

I actually wonder what the chances are this hamish lad never plays a game for us.

Just think its a signing that doesnt make sense.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 48
November 20, 2014, 9:47pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete
I do hate it when they say " short term deal "

What is short term ?

1 MONTH , 3 MONTHS or to the end of the season,

Just say , we need to know.

Probably don't want to alert clubs if he does well whilst retaining the ability to get rid cheaply if he doesn't do well.
Reply: 23 - 48
jimgtfc
November 20, 2014, 9:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
The lad clearly has something for the club to pursue a deal. He's been with us for a month now so that's plenty of time to assess him. I wonder if Chris Doig had anything to do with him coming here, sure he played down there a few years ago. Just a case of fingers crossed we've found a gem.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 48
SamTheMariner
November 20, 2014, 10:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I have no idea were he fits in pauls

I actually wonder what the chances are this hamish lad never plays a game for us.

Just think its a signing that doesnt make sense.

He's a big lad so should be able to lead the line by himself and add competition.

On Ross Hannah, I'm not sure he's good enough in any formation. Since January 2013. He's scored 19 goals for us. 8 pens. 11 goals from open play in nearly 2 years and played over 60 games is just not good enough. Get rid of him and sign an out and out target man. Is Adam Cunnington available on loan. Was at Bristol Rovers last time I checked.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 48
grimsby pete
November 21, 2014, 12:06am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,795
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from promotion plaice

Hope the day comes when we are saying,  Lower Hull City            

There was many a day we could say lower Hull City

Answer to Sam, Cunnington was at Bristol Rovers but Cambridge have called him back and he scored for them the other night.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 48
Nelly GTFC
November 21, 2014, 12:11am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,736
Gold Stars: 31
To put it into some form of context, New Zealand population around 4.4 million.

Copy and paste job from wiki.

Central Premier League, 21 games, 38 goals.  The Central League is a semi-professional status league competition run by Central Football for Association football clubs located in the southern and central parts of the North Island, New Zealand. It is at the second level of New Zealand Football behind the sports franchise based ASB Premiership, and the highest level of club based football available to teams within the region.

ASB Premiership, 37 games, 18 goals.  The national association football league in New Zealand. It is an amateur association football (soccer) sports franchise league that is operated by New Zealand Football.

A-League, 2 games, 0 goals.  The A-League is a professional men's soccer league in Australasia, run by Football Federation Australia (FFA). At the top of the Australian league system, it is the country's primary competition for the sport.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ltAqIGn.png[/img]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 48
Manchester Mariner
November 21, 2014, 10:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
I havent been this excited about a Town signing since Chima Okorie.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 48
RoboCod
November 21, 2014, 10:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Ah, Chima  
Remember when Ceefax made him Irish by calling him O'Korie ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Zealand striker Hamish Watson signs for Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.