This thread currently has 4,208 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
HotToddy
November 19, 2014, 10:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: -444
It seems to me that a lot of Town fans are not bothered about having a new stadium and some feel that there is not much point in relocating whilst we are in the conference league. We will get out of this crap league one day and it would be nice to have a modern stadium waiting for us. Although 6,500 fans have signed the for petition so far, more than 3,000 of the De Freitas brigade have signed a petition against the new stadium. That is embarrassing IMHO. We took 30,000 fans to wembley on 3 occasions and 30,000 people have signed a petition against the new leisure centre on the Willows. So why haven't our fans signed the Peaks Parkway petition? Why do our fans let the nimbys have their say on the subject in the paper and nobody challenges or argues with them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
LongEatonMariner
November 19, 2014, 10:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from HotToddy
It seems to me that a lot of Town fans are not bothered about having a new stadium and some feel that there is not much point in relocating whilst we are in the conference league. We will get out of this crap league one day and it would be nice to have a modern stadium waiting for us. Although 6,500 fans have signed the for petition so far, more than 3,000 of the De Freitas brigade have signed a petition against the new stadium. That is embarrassing IMHO. We took 30,000 fans to wembley on 3 occasions and 30,000 people have signed a petition against the new leisure centre on the Willows. So why haven't our fans signed the Peaks Parkway petition? Why do our fans let the nimbys have their say on the subject in the paper and nobody challenges or argues with them?

You've convinced me, where do I sign?

It's a shame that more haven't put their name to it but there's a long way to go yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 31
Nelly GTFC
November 19, 2014, 10:51pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Pffft watch in make 10,000 within the next few days...

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 31
mariner2000
November 19, 2014, 10:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 3 - 31
moosey_club
November 19, 2014, 11:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Apathy is the word, def;-  lack of interest or concern. Probably fuelled by 20+ yrs of broken promises, inactivity and ultimately hollow statements. The campaign being featured now in the telegraph doesnt give any real solid tangeable details to grasp onto and give hope it will actually happen... in effect.....please sign our petition to support something that we cant reveal exactly what it might be yet.....lets see some real, definate confirmed details and i am sure the petition numbers will rise

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 31
HotToddy
November 19, 2014, 11:55pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: -444
This is from the Telegraph web-site.

WE DO NOT WANT A NEW STADIUM AND CERTAINLY NOT IN TOWN OR ON A GREENBELT!!!! When will Fenty get it through his thick Skull??? SOMEONE PLEASE get the Petition started through Change.org against this stadium being built!!! You've got my signature! This town is being turned into a Supermarket infested concrete jungle.

I am sure that members of NELC read what these idiots have to say and take it on board. Why can't we get more of our fans on there, telling the Nimbys and the Councillors our thoughts?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 31
BPMariner
November 19, 2014, 11:58pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: -61
Gold Stars: 6
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 31
immariner
November 20, 2014, 1:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,387
Gold Stars: 59
Where are you? Let's be 'avin' you!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 31
ginnywings
November 20, 2014, 8:54am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Most fans have become indifferent after years and years of nothing concrete happening. Now there is a five year plan to add to all the other years that have passed with no end in site. The land hasn't even been procured yet, no plans drawn and nowt to get excited about. Add in boring conference footy and fans are just not feeling it.

I know of a few who now go and watch Hull, more's the pity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 31
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 20, 2014, 9:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
More fool them then Ginny. Football isn't about picking and choosing which team to watch. It should be down to the heart over ruling the head. Watching 2 teams I don't care about.........sorry, that's not for me

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 31
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New stadium apathy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.