Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA Trophy
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 284 Guests

FA Trophy

This thread currently has 4,675 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
November 17, 2014, 9:01pm
Guest User
I'm playing Football Manager 2015 and I'm buggered if I can lose in the FA Trophy. Through to the 4th round now after a win at New Mills FC (in front of 87 fans), even the stiffs keep despatching these losers and as I've had to play 6/7 first teamers I've lost Carl Magnay with an Achilles injury and Pittman with another various injury. I could do with the free Saturday's as a lot of my lads are tired as I approach the end of the season and I'm playing Sat - Tues - Sat. Dropped to third.

Is that what you want? Coz that's what will happen!
Reply: 20 - 35
horsforthmariner
November 17, 2014, 10:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
The last two seasons we seemed to be getting a good head of steam up and then we don't play anything in the league for a month. which leads to us every Tuesday in feb and march to catch up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
horsforthmariner
November 17, 2014, 10:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,588
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Stevie Saunders
I never have understood the 'anti' FA Trophy logic

Last three seasons...

York win it and get promoted
Wrexham win it and lose in play off final
Cambridge win it and get promoted

Didn't harm their chances much - OK, Wrexham didn't quite make it but you know what I am getting at

Does success not breed success? I think the Trophy has been used as an excuse for us not getting promoted - the real reason was we were not quite good enough; we look a lot stronger this season so go for both comps.

I certainly agree play some fringe players - especially as reserve games are a thing of the past and a competitive game would be great for the likes of Hannah, Paddy, Bignot etc - but a 'half and half' philosophy would be OK with me

Or to put it another way out of the last twenty years only two of the 32 teams who have been promoted have won the FA trophy in the same season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
MyDogsThoughts
November 18, 2014, 12:12am

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
Quoted from horsforthmariner

Or to put it another way out of the last twenty years only two of the 32 teams who have been promoted have won the FA trophy in the same season!

Law of averages say it should happen again soon then: why not us and this season?

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
November 18, 2014, 12:27am
Guest User
Quoted from 75
I'm playing Football Manager 2015 and I'm buggered if I can lose in the FA Trophy. Through to the 4th round now after a win at New Mills FC (in front of 87 fans)

Awful Town following.

Admit you're slowly winning me over.
Guess moosey is probably right though.

Reply: 24 - 35
GYinScuntland
November 18, 2014, 3:22am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Can the supporters afford two trips to wembley in such a short time in vast amount of cases the answer is NO. Even if we win the tinpot cup does the club really make much money after all the expenses are taken out ?
So for me lets get out as quick as possible

Of course they can, we've done it before (and won them both) You might be getting mixed up with what they can afford as opposed to what they can be arsed to spend?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
November 18, 2014, 7:29am
Guest User
Quoted from 120797

Awful Town following.

we took our standard 400 but they couldn't find the place and ended up in a pub in Basingstoke. Made the final now!
Reply: 26 - 35
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 18, 2014, 8:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from 120797

Awful Town following.

Most were banned for overuse of flares and smoke bombs in the previous round

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
November 18, 2014, 12:15pm
Guest User
Let's say we lifted the FA Trophy this year....who cares?

Wouldn't be worth planning a day out in Manchester to brag about it!

If we get to the stage where we're hoping to win it, we've accepted our non-league status - which won't happen with me.

Field a team of youngsters and first-teamers who need playing time, and don't worry about the result.

Reply: 28 - 35
Richard Cranium
November 18, 2014, 3:02pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: -36
The majority on here would be Wembley glory grabbers anyway.
Buxton, Chasetown & Coalville were for us sightseeing people  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA Trophy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.