moosey_club
November 8, 2014, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from jimgtfc
I was quite intrigued what Hurst meant when he said to tondeur that he knows what he's going to ask next, or words to that extent. I don't think JT knew what he was on about. Just got me all curious.

I think Hurst can either read notes upside down or for some unbeknown reason was perhaps anticipating a difficult question from the hard nosed reporter that is JT?  

I actually think he was expecting a Scotty Neilson question.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
November 8, 2014, 8:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club
Makreth left wing!?! He has shown in his appearances so far that he can hardly cross it with his "best" foot never mind his standing foot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwVJdd3WTvw&list=UUKrQFqGTgk68Cwaa8y350Sw
Reply: 11 - 22
cardiffmariner
November 8, 2014, 9:03pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from grimsby pete
Sometime a manager over thinks things,

Hurst does that a lot,

Just settle on a formation and tell the players go out and do it,

All the players will know what their role is,

If one player is injured the player coming in knows what to do,

If you keep changing formations not only every game but during a game,

It's no wonder some players look confused.

In my mind, the most accurate summing up of our manager I've read in a long time.  He seems intent on making the game more difficult than it is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
moosey_club
November 8, 2014, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 120797

Well done....you have managed to pick out 1 of the 3 (?) successful crosses he has delivered in 19 appearances?
One dimensional, predictable and largely ineffective to date. I hope he is finding the potential expectations of GTFC a little hard to deal with for now because if this his best then...  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
denni266
November 8, 2014, 11:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Still dont like hurst . he cant stop tinkering ,, dont know what he is doing most of the time. its the players that got him out of jail  not himself.. and of course the fact that it will cost to kick him out . still a sunday league manager
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
MarinerWY
November 8, 2014, 11:58pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Poor fella can´t win. We were in a cup that we were never going to win, and however nice and financially rewarding it would have been to reach a higher round, if you asked anyone "what do we want most for Town this season?" the answer would be PROMOTION PROMOTION PROMOTION.

So when we're 3 down in a cup match with little chance of pulling it back, he thinks "write it off, get the players off who are essential for the league games which are ultimately more important" and then people criticise him for it!

Bet if he did play reserves/youth team for the FA trophy some folk (possibly some of the same ones calling for us to do just that) would bang on about "going out to lose".

I've no problem with resting players and saving unnessecary bans from 5 yellows in a cup game which was all but lost.

Personally, I'm so flipping desperate, along with everyone else, to get out this league, that had we lost 3-1 in a league game it would have ruined my day. But as it happens, I'm not particularly bothered, a small shame but no big deal that we lost this cup match. Therefore I completely understand the choice of Hurst to save players for our promotion challenge.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
Madeleymariner
November 9, 2014, 3:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Its a big deal we lose. Reach round 3 and thats 3 players wages paid for next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
TAGG
November 9, 2014, 3:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from MarinerWY
Poor fella can´t win. We were in a cup that we were never going to win, and however nice and financially rewarding it would have been to reach a higher round, if you asked anyone "what do we want most for Town this season?" the answer would be PROMOTION PROMOTION PROMOTION.

So when we're 3 down in a cup match with little chance of pulling it back, he thinks "write it off, get the players off who are essential for the league games which are ultimately more important" and then people criticise him for it!

Bet if he did play reserves/youth team for the FA trophy some folk (possibly some of the same ones calling for us to do just that) would bang on about "going out to lose".

I've no problem with resting players and saving unnessecary bans from 5 yellows in a cup game which was all but lost.

Personally, I'm so flipping desperate, along with everyone else, to get out this league, that had we lost 3-1 in a league game it would have ruined my day. But as it happens, I'm not particularly bothered, a small shame but no big deal that we lost this cup match. Therefore I completely understand the choice of Hurst to save players for our promotion challenge.

Did you go to the game???

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
oldun
November 9, 2014, 4:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Lenny got yellow card and could easily have been given another one he way the ref was behaving. I was relieved that PH took him off to rest him a bit and save him from a poss sending off. We need him big time on Tues night.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
arryarryarry
November 9, 2014, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MarinerWY

One or maybe two more wins in the FA Cup may well have provided much needed funds to strengthen the team in January.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst Post Match Comment

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.