Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL ............Target??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 234 Guests

LJL ............Target??

This thread currently has 4,313 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
highcliff mariner
November 7, 2014, 8:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from BeijingMariner
i for one want him to stay. always nice when people are interested but i would be surprised if Shop would repay PH's trust by buggering off.

Are you kidding ? He is a professional footballer .
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
oldun
November 7, 2014, 8:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
This thread is just a "what if question" as far as anyone knows there are no clubs in for Lennie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
fleabag1970
November 7, 2014, 8:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from oldun
This thread is just a "what if question" as far as anyone knows there are no clubs in for Lennie

Thats right , i just asked the question because it is well known how highly rated he was away from BP even before his hot streak . I just think his turn around in the goal scoring deserves alot of credit for him sticking at it and not taking the Abuse to heart

Livvo and Big Keith(RIP)  have gone down as cult heroes but they were hardly prolific in front of goal .Even Andy Cole used to Miss more than he Scored !!

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
Tangerine Chris
November 7, 2014, 10:34am
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
He signed an 18 month deal in Feb 13, so he can sign a pre contract in the January transfer window and no money needs to change hands.  This is the problem with short term contracts that Hurst seems to favour.

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
moosey_club
November 7, 2014, 11:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Vance Warner
You've got to laugh at the fickleness of football fans sometimes (I include myself in that). A month ago many were asking for him to be dropped now we're worried he'll be sold!

Has he been unlucky in front of goal throughout his career so far...or is he now just being lucky?

I think just about every one of us would agree that he has not scored enough goals during his time here, based on chance conversion, i also think most of us would agree that was never due to a lack of effort.
Most "criticism" of LJL was born out of concern over his personal  and our collective ability to score goals, hence why we all, including the club, have yearned for a more proven goalscorer.  
He is scoring now so that takes the pressure off himself which may help him continue on the current form.
I do think though that while the current 1 up top policy remains then LJL will be microscoped if we fail to score.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
biggles9999
November 7, 2014, 11:51am
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +367
Quoted from Tangerine Chris
He signed an 18 month deal in Feb 13, so he can sign a pre contract in the January transfer window and no money needs to change hands.  This is the problem with short term contracts that Hurst seems to favour.

Only if he's going abroad. AC Milan are skint and only make free signings at the moment.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LJL ............Target??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.