6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
November 5, 2014, 10:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Grainy, obscured, 10:38 length package but only 8.00 of actual film.....whats the problem?
Other than the above at least being able to watch such highlights as that starting at 2:40 in is well worth any minor quality issues,..............

Disley collects the ball from against the hoardings, feints to take a throw in.....realises its not his duty to take throw ins....waits for Aswad to approach...hands him the ball.......strolls onto the pitch and receives the throw in from Aswad...overhits a long pass which sails harmlessly through to the keeper......the stuff dreams are made of.

Great work by all involved. Keep up the good work.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 58
Abdul19
November 5, 2014, 11:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Meza
They are fantastic highlights for a small club.  Is this because our camera is x years old and needs updating to a more HD one?

I wonder how old the camera actually is.

Apparently the camera's ok it's the platform the club is signed up to (until 2564) that's outdated.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 58
arryarryarry
November 5, 2014, 11:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from gary_elton
the quality of towns home highlights are pretty poor though.. we should be able to
have much better quality pictures than those dished up...  happens elsewhere.. why not here ???

It has been said many times on here, that the quality of Town's highlights are about the same as most other clubs that are tied into a long contract with the website provider.

Having viewed the Braintree highlights I am 100% sure they have been provided by Braintree so GTFC cannot be held responsible if the dopey cameraman has burnt his camera display onto the DVD.

What is disappointing is the lack of comment from GTFC, this argument about the quality of highlights goes on just about every week especially when the Trust always like to make comments on here about what they are achieving but with two members on the GTFC board there is no comment about this.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 58
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 6, 2014, 7:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Abdul19

Here's me and my chums enjoying some Mariners Player footage:

[img]http://cdn0.mos.techradar.futurecdn.net/classifications/home-entertainment/images/sport-in-3d/Watching%20football-Sky%202-420-90.jpg[/img]

Bullpoop !!!

You haven't got any :p

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 58
November 6, 2014, 9:21am
Guest User
Quoted from moosey_club
Disley collects the ball from against the hoardings, feints to take a throw in.....realises its not his duty to take throw ins....waits for Aswad to approach...hands him the ball.......strolls onto the pitch and receives the throw in from Aswad...overhits a long pass which sails harmlessly through to the keeper......the stuff dreams are made of.

Great work by all involved. Keep up the good work.

I enjoyed it.  
Reply: 24 - 58
StickfordMariner
November 6, 2014, 10:27am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +366
Gold Stars: 12
Sorry if it has already been mentioned but am I the only one who is annoyed i pay £5 a month for shoddy highlights , the Braintree highlights have a huge plus sign in the middle and really blurry dont know why I bother, (sorry for sounding like a broken record)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 58
chicaneuk
November 6, 2014, 10:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
There was already a thread posted - only about 10 down from this post, with the exact same thread title!

http://thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1415199960/s-new/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 58
StickfordMariner
November 6, 2014, 10:37am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +366
Gold Stars: 12
didnt see it so I apologise to all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 58
November 6, 2014, 11:06am
Guest User
FFS.
No need to apologise Stickford but sorry everyone, I just can't stay silent any longer...  

Quoted from arryarryarry
It has been said many times on here, that the quality of Town's highlights are about the same as most other clubs that are tied into a long contract with the website provider.

Having viewed the Braintree highlights I am 100% sure they have been provided by Braintree so GTFC cannot be held responsible if the dopey cameraman has burnt his camera display onto the DVD.

What is disappointing is the lack of comment from GTFC, this argument about the quality of highlights goes on just about every week especially when the Trust always like to make comments on here about what they are achieving but with two members on the GTFC board there is no comment about this.

Like you say, they were provided by Braintree.

But to the everyone's MP complaints...
Given the club are tied in to a contract or whatever, what exactly would everyone like the club / trust to do about the quality of highlights in general ?
Editing 90 mins can't be easy (and footage always 'subjective' anyway) but by "quality", I don't mean the players out on the pitch.  

Jesus wept...
Can't fans just try to make the best of it and be grateful their moneys helping THEIR club ?
Or maybe we need a stupid poll about the guy doing the commentary.
If the Vanarama logo is permanently there (doubtful ?) it's a whopping shame but it's hardly gonna be the club's/trusts decision or choice.

And like the clubs says here... (yes even the OS is moaning !  )
http://www.grimsby-town.com/forum/grimsby-town-fc-forum_aa/118450-mariners-player

"We do still produce the highlights on the night of a home game or as soon as possible for an away game. Our pre-match interviews are always on Mariners Player on a Thursday for a Saturday game and a Monday ahead of a Tuesday game."

Geez, give em all a break.  
You'll be asking the trust to sort out Town's throw in's next...
Ermm...
Reply: 28 - 58
Doctor Sanchez
November 6, 2014, 11:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
I think the point is that the service provided by the media company is terribly outdated and what the club are actually doing to get value for money from them.  Even Youtube allows High Definition uploading of videos (for free) which can can also be viewed on mobile devices, unlike Mariners Player.   It doesn't matter if there's a contract in place, if the service provided isn't acceptable then the club is within it's rights not to honour that contract anymore.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Braintree Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.