3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
mariner91
November 3, 2014, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,627
Gold Stars: 260
I'd take Newton in a heartbeat. And probably Bencherif.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
November 3, 2014, 9:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Rob Scott, with his dark ages hoofball and raging aggression, would be the ideal person for Dirty Lincoln.

While "disciplinary" issues may be a good reason he couldn't continue (I've no idea what led to him leaving), I find these antagonistic attitudes to a (relatively) successful ex manager somewhat baffling.  

tbf that "dark ages hoofball" (WTF ?!) took us top under his watch.
Definitely better then previous seasons...
You seem to forget he wasn't the only one at the helm - is that a pop at Hurst too ?  

I'm a fan of the passing game too but there's good reasons why many sides play "dark ages hoofball" in this league.
Careful what you wish for - who knows if we might not be doing the same many years into the future...

Really don't understand why fans dislike him so much.
All I really know for sure is many fans aren't that keen on Hurst either !
Personally I hope he gets the Lincoln job and guess he'd do pretty well in it too.
Reply: 21 - 25
aldi_01
November 4, 2014, 5:58am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
That ridiculous comment on their forum sums up some of their fans. They too have debt, and much the same as town it is money owed to Dorrian.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Garth
November 4, 2014, 8:58am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from aldi_01
That ridiculous comment on their forum sums up some of their fans. They too have debt, and much the same as town it is money owed to Dorrian.

The poor things are showing signs of stress though big match tonight for them, should they lose and we win they could be suicidal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
HackneyHaddock
November 4, 2014, 7:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I wouldn't want to be taken too seriously, 80sGlory.  Maybe hoofball was a little unkind to Rob Scott, but his strong organisation and knowing how to get the best out of grafters would make him a good candidate for Lincoln at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
November 4, 2014, 7:33pm
Guest User
Yep agree with that.
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln sack Simpson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.