Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carl Magnay... Is he a little too perfect?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 172 Guests

Carl Magnay... Is he a little too perfect?

This thread currently has 2,980 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
November 2, 2014, 12:11am
Guest User
Quoted from northbankmariner
Without getting carried away like some it has to be said, he is a very consistent and very accomplished player indeed. There is noway he should be playing at this level as he is capable of being a. League player for sure. Simple question for everyone on here,
Can anyone honestly name 48 better right backs playing above him in leagues 1&2. Right now?
Easy answer,no way but am pleased he is with us but for how long remains to be seen, nice bloke and good player, a promotion would look very good on his CV.  

Being ultra critical, you could argue he lacks a yard of pace? But is he a full back? I think we signed him as a centre back. He's done great all over the back four and even did well briefly as a holding midfielder. He's class, how on earth did Gateshead release him? Good for us, good for him I suspect as he has a contract at a bigger and much better club.
Reply: 10 - 15
November 2, 2014, 12:13am
Guest User
Quoted from WappingMariner

Think I'll keel over if he does this on Tuesday night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh6-h7PHlzM

Great goal ! Hope he does too !

I'm afraid you're missing the point.
I didn't say he shouldn't shoot - he's obviously got a good shot in him.

Point I'm making is we've got to mindful we don't waste promising approach play if there's teammates available in better positions.
I know it's a love in [edit: ok it's not lol] but no-one is beyond constructive criticism and I've already seen him be guilty of this twice.
So the free kick example isn't really what I'm getting at.

I'll be the first to cheer when he hits the back of the net.
Reply: 11 - 15
jonnyboy82
November 2, 2014, 9:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Player of the season no doubt.

Excellent so far.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
Mariner Ronnie
November 2, 2014, 9:16am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Rodman for magnay!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
November 2, 2014, 10:49am
Guest User
Have to agree that Carl is far (not a little) too perfect - though I can find it within myself to forgive him.

Threads like this scare me a bit...tempting fate? Town 0 Oxford 1 (Magnay o.g.).....???
Reply: 14 - 15
November 4, 2014, 6:29pm
Guest User
This conversation has got me thinking....

Wouldn't it be sods law if Magnay came good in front of goal tonight without a penny invested ?...

I've gone....

£2 Magnay 1st goalscorer 22/1
£1 Magnay to score 2 or more @ 100/1

If you fancy hitting the jackpot it's 450/1 the hat-trick !

Speaking of which I'm also having a nibble on Neilson and Pittman for hattricks at 100/1 (if they play)

Course I firmly expect them ALL to go down the toilet. (and also share chiangmaimariners concern)
But would be kicking myself if I didn't have a nibble and he confirmed his hero status tonight.
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carl Magnay... Is he a little too perfect?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.