Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carl Magnay... Is he a little too perfect?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 226 Guests

Carl Magnay... Is he a little too perfect?

This thread currently has 2,985 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
WappingMariner
November 1, 2014, 10:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +125
Completely tongue in cheek... He has been without question our most consistent player this season. The only mistake I seem to remember him making was last week when he was the wrong side of one of Guiseley's players when defending a throw in. His post-match interview after today's game was clean cut, well versed and very impressive. Surely there must be something he can't do without making a mistake?

We've got Jason Pearcey, number one, we've got the best team in the land...
Logged Offline
Private Message
JMT
November 1, 2014, 10:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +473
Gold Stars: 19
Agreed, everything about him his just perfect, seems like a proper down to earth bloke who hasn't took what he has got for granted and appreciates the support we give him and the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
November 1, 2014, 10:42pm
Guest User
He's had a lot of shots on goal.
I genuinely hope he scores because at what point do you wonder if he should be having these pops at goal so regularly ?

To be clear I don't mind any player having as many gos at goal as they like, good luck to em all !
But when there's other teammates in the area/in front perhaps defenders should sometimes try to find them instead of the goal ?

So glad he's here though - my MOM today.  
Reply: 2 - 15
moosey_club
November 1, 2014, 10:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,203
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from WappingMariner
Completely tongue in cheek... He has been without question our most consistent player this season. The only mistake I seem to remember him making was last week when he was the wrong side of one of Guiseley's players when defending a throw in. His post-match interview after today's game was clean cut, well versed and very impressive. Surely there must be something he can't do without making a mistake?

Word is... he leaves the toilet seat up and often forgets to put the top back on the toothpaste..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
WappingMariner
November 1, 2014, 10:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 120797
He's had a lot of shots on goal.
I genuinely hope he scores because at what point do you wonder if he should be having these pops at goal so regularly ?

To be clear I don't mind any player having as many gos at goal as they like, good luck to em all !
But when there's other teammates in the area/in front perhaps defenders should sometimes try to find them instead of the goal ?

So glad he's here though - my MOM today.  

Think I'll keel over if he does this on Tuesday night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh6-h7PHlzM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
WappingMariner
November 1, 2014, 11:03pm
Lager Top Drinker
It's only fair that he has his own song too. How about this?

Ohhhh Carl Magnay! He used to be at Chelsea but he's at Grimsby now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Vance Warner
November 1, 2014, 11:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
Don't sell Magnay,
Super Carl Magnay,
I just don't think you understand.
If you sell Magnay,
Super Carl Magnay,
You'll have a f**king riot on your hands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
Biccys
November 1, 2014, 11:18pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from WappingMariner

Think I'll keel over if he does this on Tuesday night. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh6-h7PHlzM

I think he might too!

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 15
November 1, 2014, 11:52pm
Guest User
I've filled my player of the year form in already and Carl Magnay wins it all for me. Player of the year, most improved player, under 21 player of the year and biggest member of the year. Well done Carl and UTM.
Reply: 8 - 15
northbankmariner
November 2, 2014, 12:06am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Without getting carried away like some it has to be said, he is a very consistent and very accomplished player indeed. There is noway he should be playing at this level as he is capable of being a. League player for sure. Simple question for everyone on here,
Can anyone honestly name 48 better right backs playing above him in leagues 1&2. Right now?
Easy answer,no way but am pleased he is with us but for how long remains to be seen, nice bloke and good player, a promotion would look very good on his CV.  

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carl Magnay... Is he a little too perfect?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.