7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
November 1, 2014, 11:56am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
i think it was obvious why we was calling for his head at the time, but he has proved what he and this team can do, so i don't think we was wrong to call for his head, but it shows Fenty got it right in standing by .

anyway, no negativity, well done Paul, well deserved
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 60
kingster72
November 1, 2014, 12:22pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
I still don't think Fenty got it right in sticking by him, he hasn't got one decision right in his 10 year reign.  Hurst can't get the team to beat part-time teams and until he does that, I'll hold back on saying well done Paul. But, I am pleased for now the team is in form!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 60
promotion plaice
November 1, 2014, 2:09pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Them on the Lincoln forum are a bright bunch -

Manager of the month -  Paul Scott ( Grimsby Town )

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=38359&posts=4

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 60
easypeersy
November 1, 2014, 9:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Can everyone stop this ridiculous debate about Paul Hurst.
One week he is the worst manager ever.
The next the best manager ever.
What this team needs and the manager needs is our support whether winning, drawing or losing.
A good crowd behind a team breeds confidence and results.
A fickle crowd breeds failure and poor performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 60
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 1, 2014, 10:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from easypeersy
What this team needs and the manager needs is our support whether winning, drawing or losing.

There is no debate. Either Hurst gets us promoted, in which case he is a good manager, or he doesn't. In which case he isn't.

A crowd has nothing to do with confidence or results. If it did we would have been back in the league years ago because the BP fans have given a lot more to the team than they have had in return. On the field is what counts, nothing else.  Good play and results will always bring a good crowd to BP. That's the way it works.

We might be getting towards this but there's a very long way to go yet.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 60
Grimsby2012
November 1, 2014, 10:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Just goes to show the people who lacked faith in him and now suddenly think he's a god...... I got messages telling me i'm crazy to still support him, well up yours people lol. I've said from the beginning that even great managers have bad patches and they also have purple patches. What makes a good manager is when they stick to their tactics and prove people wrong without quitting. I am a big believer in supporting a manager for the long term, even if things aren't always going to plan. We have changed managers way too often over the year's, and how has that worked out for us? Relegation, relegation and more relegation. Paul is a Young/new manager, give him time to perfect his logic and idea's, I have no doubt he has very good potential to go far in Football

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 60
lew chaterleys lover
November 1, 2014, 11:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from easypeersy

No. Debate about the manager is good. Its what football fans do, its in the DNA.

Who is to know that the recent debates about the manager haven't inspired the team to do well for him?

We debate what we see - why on earth would you think we wouldn't comment/debate on the most important person in the club?

The way it works is that the manager signs and sorts the tactics out and we debate it. Good winning run calms down debate. Bad losing run escalates debate.

Football is fickle because winning is everything in the professional game and I am sure no one knows that better than Paul Hurst and indeed every other manager.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 60
poomehellt
November 1, 2014, 11:12pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -3
Approval: +44
I've chosen which side of the fence I'm on and I'm sticking to it. It takes quite a bit for me to call for our managers head, and drawing and losing against part time teams at home earlier this season eventually I saw my backside with it. Good results against top half of the table mean naff all when we where seemingly unable to break down teams who come here to defend and are after a point. I cannot after decided I was aganist Hurst, just suddenly after a month just flip flop back again, it will take me a while to be for him again. I really really shouldn't say this considering my dedication to superstions, but if we put our voodoo away at Braintree and go 2nd(shhhh!!!) and have another excellent month I should be able I was wrong to want Hursts head and change my mind!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 60
November 1, 2014, 11:30pm
Guest User
A crowd has nothing to do with confidence or results.

A good crowd helps you beat Spurs 1-0 and push Huddersfield all the way at home, there's no doubt about it !

the BP fans have given a lot more to the team than they have had in return.

Well perhaps you're right but at what point does this chip on your shoulder from days gone by finally fall off ?
Will you be back in attendance if we get back into the Football League ?
If not, don't you think it's a bit rich to assume your voice should be listened to ?

Perhaps you should listen to what Scott Neilson says about looking forward. (see officialGtfc channel - ontheCouch).

Oh it does make me laugh...
You'd think those who always complain the most are the ONLY ones who have ever suffered any dissatisfaction or pain in the past 10 years.

Quite ironic some are giving 0 at the moment to help achieve what THEY apparently want for the future !

He who complains loudest cares the most ?
I don't think so !

If you want to help the team achieve it's ambitions, I kindly suggest you quit complaining for the sake of us "BP fans" and get your @rse and enthusiasm down there for the FACup game on Saturday.
Reply: 38 - 60
November 1, 2014, 11:33pm
Guest User
Braintree away. If we are serious, we win there. No mistakes, no excuses. We win at Braintree.
Reply: 39 - 60
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.