6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
acko338
October 18, 2014, 6:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
Consistency - that would be the brilliant away fans who have been rewarded with a cracking win to avenge the home defeat !

Consistency - praying for minimal injuries and fewer silly bookings - in ALL matches !

Consistency - Hurst pulling more strong defensive rabbits out of the hat if needed !

Consistency - wins at home as well as away, please ???

At least we're all consistent on here - we all want Town to get promotion this year !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
mariner2000
October 18, 2014, 6:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +166
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Hahahahahahahaha

How silly do you look now  

more than happy with result, but won't be happy until the performances match the result and we actually KEEP winning.

If this follows the norm we will now lose or draw our home games coming up.  PLEASE prove me wrong PH

I know winning is the most important thing but if we do get in the habit could we also start to play like we deserve to win and deserve to be in the play offs... I haven't seen any evidence of this for the last 2 years!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 21 - 50
DocTower
October 18, 2014, 6:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from 1972
not silly at all... Let us all see how the ground lies when we get the magic word "CONSISTENCY" in our game play.. i.e. beating the sides who are lower than us in the league and not just beating the sides above us Games against Dover  Southport Altringham and Nuneaton at home  they was all poor results for us which we should of won comfortably .. Let's see how we are doing in a couple of weeks before all the Manager In Out taunts begin again we've done bloody brilliantly today let's hope now that LJL has finally found where that cows A**E is his banjo will hit it on a regular basis and this isn't just another flash in the pan for a couple of weeks..  Hopefully this could be the start of some "CONSISTANT"  form

Couldn't agree more with this post , Town being Town , at home next Saturday in the cup against at team we should , on paper , be far too good for !   Well I won't be predicting the score .
As mariner 72 says , consistency .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
marinerdean
October 18, 2014, 6:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +23
We all new that we play better against the better teams in the league, so it doesn't come as much of a surprise that we've won today. It's when we play against the teams who are in the bottom half of the table that we should be beating, that's why fans are on his back. We can beat all the top teams in this league but if we can't beat the weaker sides then it's pointless
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
BottesfordMariner
October 18, 2014, 6:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Today was a great result and on the back of another good win at Wrexham. Pleased for Lenny today as well.

I am (still) not a big PH fan but fair play to him on getting 2 good results that have dragged us back into contention.

It will mean didley squat though if they f**k up the next game. As has been said we need to find a level of consistency. If we achieve that then i will eat my words of my previous criticisms of the manager but not on 2 results. There will inevitably be bad days and results...thats football.. you just want more good days than bad.

One thing i will say though the players are playing for the manager and thats is good. You cant moan about their application .

But Fenty (for now ) has backed the manager so there is no point in the backwards and forwards bickering and as Town fans we should all be behind the team (whoever is in charge). While we are winning everyone will be happy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
acko338
October 18, 2014, 6:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
The lower level teams shut up shop and make us look for the magical Plan B - hopefully Arnold and Pittman both back fit and pacey can give us a different option.

Must learn to stay high up and take the game to these teams and fight for possession from the start and for a full 90 minutes, not let teams force us backwards.

This will prove if the squad can work, not just a first 11 !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
KingstonMariner
October 18, 2014, 7:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Hahahahahahahaha

9 points and 10 GD behind the leaders. Yeah, really flipping silly.

Come back and say that when Paul Hurst has got us promoted to the Football League. Until then intercourse off back to your strange little universe where mid-table in the Conference is a great achievement for Grimsby Town Football Club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
denni266
October 18, 2014, 8:20pm

Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Funny how  3 weeks ago nearly 80 wanted  Hurst to go, now it seems its the other way round... For me Two wins dont make a season, and i still havent changed my mind.. But fair play it was a good win today and another step hopefully in the right direction .. Lets see how how sets up at home  from now on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
maxfox44
October 18, 2014, 8:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Excellent two wins, take nothing away from these results.  I would have expected perhaps 2 or maybe 3 points from the last two.  I have been quite critical of our home performances, which I believe many on here was also similarly critical.  (not bothered to read the numerous threads).  I also think the majority respect PH for his approach to away matches in general, but it is the home form, results and performances that most of us use as our guide to how well things are going.  So at the moment, things are not going well at home.  The positive signs are there for all to see (well listen too). A fit squad, the return of Disley (again, I've been his critic too!) and LJL scoring goals.  All these sound like the sort of problems managers like.  It will be interesting to see how we go up to and during Christmas.

Fingers crossed and up the Mariners.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
TAGG
October 18, 2014, 8:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Hahahahahahahaha

Did you take your lead from the classless first poster on the Just Back thread you member  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To all the Paul Hurst knockers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.