Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, October 18, 2014, 5:19pm
Hahahahahahahaha

How silly do you look now  :)
Posted by: Maringer, October 18, 2014, 5:22pm; Reply: 1
Let's all just enjoy the result instead of trying to kick another round of us versus them bickering.

Need to get the home form sorted out now and hopefully the availability of Arnold and Pittman will mean we have more options availble to break teams down.
Posted by: chaos33, October 18, 2014, 5:28pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
Hahahahahahahaha

Almost as silly as you look for rushing to post that childish, argumentative guff.

UTM.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 18, 2014, 5:30pm; Reply: 3
lets enjoy the win, well done paul and players, and now the important thing is not mammary for tat message board arguments, its a win against Guisley! UTM
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 18, 2014, 5:33pm; Reply: 4
There is no need to post threads like this, it just causes unnecessary bickering, lets get behind Paul and the team instead and be positive.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 18, 2014, 5:35pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Hagrid
lets enjoy the win, well done paul and players, and now the important thing is not mammary for tat message board arguments, its a win against Guisley! UTM

i agree, let's all call a truce on this one and enjoy this :)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 18, 2014, 5:35pm; Reply: 6
Hahahahahahahaha

Well err yes i do actually look rather silly.

Good afternoon to yourself.

Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 18, 2014, 5:36pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

i agree, let's all call a truce on this one and enjoy this :)

Hang on..

Are we actually agreeing ?  ;D
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 18, 2014, 5:37pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Hang on..

Are we actually agreeing ?  ;D

for now ;)
Posted by: 1972 (Guest), October 18, 2014, 5:41pm; Reply: 9

not silly at all... Let us all see how the ground lies when we get the magic word "CONSISTENCY" in our game play.. i.e. beating the sides who are lower than us in the league and not just beating the sides above us Games against Dover  Southport Altringham and Nuneaton at home  they was all poor results for us which we should of won comfortably .. Let's see how we are doing in a couple of weeks before all the Manager In Out taunts begin again we've done bloody brilliantly today let's hope now that LJL has finally found where that cows A**E is his banjo will hit it on a regular basis and this isn't just another flash in the pan for a couple of weeks..  Hopefully this could be the start of some "CONSISTANT"  form

Posted by: grimsby pete, October 18, 2014, 5:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from cmackenzie4
There is no need to post threads like this, it just causes unnecessary bickering, lets get behind Paul and the team instead and be positive.

We all want the same thing, success,

Not for the odd game but in general,

If we can start being consistent we will all be happy and we will be happy with Paul as well. :)
Posted by: gtfc82, October 18, 2014, 5:49pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Well said!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 18, 2014, 5:51pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Maringer
Let's all just enjoy the result instead of trying to kick another round of us versus them bickering.

Need to get the home form sorted out now and hopefully the availability of Arnold and Pittman will mean we have more options availble to break teams down.

Agreed if we don't get hysterically excited about each win or loss and support what is a decent team over the season I think we will do alright and this place will be a much better read.  
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, October 18, 2014, 5:56pm; Reply: 13
No need for all this nonsense.  Another sensational away win, Town tucked well into the peloton and hunting down the leaders, and players to come back, means we can all unite behind the team and the manager.

UTM
Posted by: wigworld, October 18, 2014, 6:03pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Town tucked well into the peloton

You what?

Posted by: HackneyHaddock, October 18, 2014, 6:09pm; Reply: 15
The bunch, the mix, the chasing pack, the the business end, the hot pursuit.  Basically, not in a bad position at all one third of the way through the race.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 18, 2014, 6:09pm; Reply: 16
Just an excuse to cause animosity between people who want success as much as any other Grimsby Town fan.

People are desperate for success, the forums are just a good excuse to get what's off your chest, whether it's postive or negative.

I hope I look a silly **** after 46 games, and will be ecstatic if our home form beats our current away forum.

Anyway it's looking good here now >> [url=http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/form/confprem?count=8]http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/form/confprem?count=8[/url]
Posted by: jungleland, October 18, 2014, 6:23pm; Reply: 17
Hahahahahahahaha

Jesus will these fvck wits never learn
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 18, 2014, 6:24pm; Reply: 18
here we go again. good win, the only point-scoring that matters is on the conference league table. UTM
Posted by: psgmariner, October 18, 2014, 6:31pm; Reply: 19
I really hope this doesn't happen after every game...

We all want Town to do well but Hurst is not above being criticised. Getting us to 8th in the league is a step in the right direction but he hasn't proved his critics wrong just yet. Hopefully we will win the league and me and a few others will be eating delicious humble pie.
Posted by: acko338, October 18, 2014, 6:32pm; Reply: 20
Consistency - that would be the brilliant away fans who have been rewarded with a cracking win to avenge the home defeat !

Consistency - praying for minimal injuries and fewer silly bookings - in ALL matches !

Consistency - Hurst pulling more strong defensive rabbits out of the hat if needed !

Consistency - wins at home as well as away, please ???

At least we're all consistent on here - we all want Town to get promotion this year !!
Posted by: mariner2000, October 18, 2014, 6:38pm; Reply: 21
Hahahahahahahaha

more than happy with result, but won't be happy until the performances match the result and we actually KEEP winning.

If this follows the norm we will now lose or draw our home games coming up.  PLEASE prove me wrong PH

I know winning is the most important thing but if we do get in the habit could we also start to play like we deserve to win and deserve to be in the play offs... I haven't seen any evidence of this for the last 2 years!
Posted by: DocTower, October 18, 2014, 6:38pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from 1972
not silly at all... Let us all see how the ground lies when we get the magic word "CONSISTENCY" in our game play.. i.e. beating the sides who are lower than us in the league and not just beating the sides above us Games against Dover  Southport Altringham and Nuneaton at home  they was all poor results for us which we should of won comfortably .. Let's see how we are doing in a couple of weeks before all the Manager In Out taunts begin again we've done bloody brilliantly today let's hope now that LJL has finally found where that cows A**E is his banjo will hit it on a regular basis and this isn't just another flash in the pan for a couple of weeks..  Hopefully this could be the start of some "CONSISTANT"  form

Couldn't agree more with this post , Town being Town , at home next Saturday in the cup against at team we should , on paper , be far too good for !   Well I won't be predicting the score .
As mariner 72 says , consistency .
Posted by: marinerdean, October 18, 2014, 6:47pm; Reply: 23
We all new that we play better against the better teams in the league, so it doesn't come as much of a surprise that we've won today. It's when we play against the teams who are in the bottom half of the table that we should be beating, that's why fans are on his back. We can beat all the top teams in this league but if we can't beat the weaker sides then it's pointless
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, October 18, 2014, 6:52pm; Reply: 24
Today was a great result and on the back of another good win at Wrexham. Pleased for Lenny today as well.

I am (still) not a big PH fan but fair play to him on getting 2 good results that have dragged us back into contention.

It will mean didley squat though if they f**k up the next game. As has been said we need to find a level of consistency. If we achieve that then i will eat my words of my previous criticisms of the manager but not on 2 results. There will inevitably be bad days and results...thats football.. you just want more good days than bad.

One thing i will say though the players are playing for the manager and thats is good. You cant moan about their application .

But Fenty (for now ) has backed the manager so there is no point in the backwards and forwards bickering and as Town fans we should all be behind the team (whoever is in charge). While we are winning everyone will be happy.

Posted by: acko338, October 18, 2014, 6:56pm; Reply: 25
The lower level teams shut up shop and make us look for the magical Plan B - hopefully Arnold and Pittman both back fit and pacey can give us a different option.

Must learn to stay high up and take the game to these teams and fight for possession from the start and for a full 90 minutes, not let teams force us backwards.

This will prove if the squad can work, not just a first 11 !
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 18, 2014, 7:14pm; Reply: 26
Hahahahahahahaha

9 points and 10 GD behind the leaders. Yeah, really flipping silly.

Come back and say that when Paul Hurst has got us promoted to the Football League. Until then intercourse off back to your strange little universe where mid-table in the Conference is a great achievement for Grimsby Town Football Club.
Posted by: denni266, October 18, 2014, 8:20pm; Reply: 27
Funny how  3 weeks ago nearly 80 wanted  Hurst to go, now it seems its the other way round... For me Two wins dont make a season, and i still havent changed my mind.. But fair play it was a good win today and another step hopefully in the right direction .. Lets see how how sets up at home  from now on
Posted by: maxfox44, October 18, 2014, 8:35pm; Reply: 28
Excellent two wins, take nothing away from these results.  I would have expected perhaps 2 or maybe 3 points from the last two.  I have been quite critical of our home performances, which I believe many on here was also similarly critical.  (not bothered to read the numerous threads).  I also think the majority respect PH for his approach to away matches in general, but it is the home form, results and performances that most of us use as our guide to how well things are going.  So at the moment, things are not going well at home.  The positive signs are there for all to see (well listen too). A fit squad, the return of Disley (again, I've been his critic too!) and LJL scoring goals.  All these sound like the sort of problems managers like.  It will be interesting to see how we go up to and during Christmas.

Fingers crossed and up the Mariners.
Posted by: TAGG, October 18, 2014, 8:53pm; Reply: 29
Hahahahahahahaha

Did you take your lead from the classless first poster on the Just Back thread you member  :P
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 18, 2014, 9:02pm; Reply: 30
I'm not a gambler but Towns recent form must be unnerving the bookies after two, let's face it, unexpected away wins at tricky places.
Posted by: KK_DOG, October 18, 2014, 9:15pm; Reply: 31
No need for all this nonsense.  Another sensational away win, Town tucked well into the peloton and hunting down the leaders, and players to come back, means we can all unite behind the team and the manager.

UTM

I had to look peloton up.

The peloton (from French, meaning little ball or platoon and cognate to the English word pellet), field, bunch or pack is the main group of riders in a road bicycle race. Riders in a group save energy by riding close (drafting or slipstreaming) near (particularly behind) other riders. The reduction in drag is dramatic; in the middle of a well-developed group it can be as much as 40%.[1]

The term is also used to refer to professional cyclists in general.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 18, 2014, 9:24pm; Reply: 32
Great back to back wins on the road and Hurst and the squad are deserving of praise for these results they must now get going at home and rack up some wins in front of those who have suffered vs Southport and Altrincham.Well done Hurst and the team UTM
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, October 18, 2014, 9:31pm; Reply: 33

UTM

Hmmm let me just suck on my bidon while I think about that.
Posted by: kingster72, October 18, 2014, 9:32pm; Reply: 34
Hahahahahahahaha

What I and everyone else wants, is to be proud of our team again in the football league.  We had to win last week and today, whoever was in charge.  I still do not believe in Paul Hurst, or John Fenty, they've been let downs so many times.  The only silly fan we have is Lord Fenty and I doubt he will never not look silly.  I support the team whatever, but we should still have changed manager to achieve promotion this season, keep winning town and I might believe again!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 18, 2014, 10:38pm; Reply: 35
Such a daft thread that I won't even bother to post on it.
Posted by: Maringer, October 18, 2014, 11:01pm; Reply: 36
After a few beers, I find that I'm just appreciating the use of the word 'knockers' in the thread title. God, I need to grow up a bit.  ;)
Posted by: GrimRob, October 18, 2014, 11:07pm; Reply: 37
Everyone wants us to do well, even those who have expressed doubts about our direction in the past. Let's enjoy the moment.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 18, 2014, 11:55pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Maringer
After a few beers, I find that I'm just appreciating the use of the word 'knockers' in the thread title. God, I need to grow up a bit.  ;)

I don't want to be thinking about Paul Hurst's knockers and now you've put that horrible thought in my head.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 19, 2014, 12:08am; Reply: 39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIdZ_gUdGws&list=PLmfYvByur9C0FvgJWyxNkvvvOqBmhy3NK&index=2
Posted by: 120797 (Guest), October 19, 2014, 2:34am; Reply: 40
Now the early season injury "excuses" have subsided, is anyone seeing any link between a fitter fuller squad and better results ?  :)
Posted by: denni266, October 19, 2014, 4:40am; Reply: 41
Quoted from 120797
Now the early season injury "excuses" have subsided, is anyone seeing any link between a fitter fuller squad and better results ?  :)

OR maby the fact that someones job was on the line , and players where getting stick .    Still a couple of wins makes a season  ;)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 19, 2014, 8:47am; Reply: 42
I have seen enough to realize this team is capable of beating anyone in this league can't wait for the Barnet game our home form needs to improve we need to make Blundell Park a fortress even with three thousand plus we can still make  away fans and players feel inferior.
Posted by: Richard Cranium, October 19, 2014, 10:45am; Reply: 43
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I have seen enough to realize this team is capable of beating anyone in this league can't wait for the Barnet game our home form needs to improve we need to make Blundell Park a fortress even with three thousand plus we can still make  away fans and players feel inferior.
To make BP a fortress, you need our fans to stay off the backs of the players i.e. LJL and Disley. It usually only happens at home games. The away supporters create a good atmosphere virtually at all our games. I await the next trip to Braintree don't I Pete  ;)

Posted by: arryarryarry, October 19, 2014, 7:46pm; Reply: 44
Hahahahahahahaha

Just back from a weekend in Cleethorpes, so this was the second game of the season I have missed.

I did say to a mate I wonder which w@nker would start a Pro Hurst / anti Hurst thread and now we know.

Also disappointed to see another certain individual make a sarcastic comment as well, I just wonder where he has been before these last two wins.

Anyway I have never been a fan of Hurst and still doubt he can get us promoted but let's give the guy a chance and see where we are come Christmas.

Having said that, there is a very important game next Saturday that could possibly lead to a few games that may bring in much needed revenue to the club so Paul Hurst is still treading a fine line.  

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 19, 2014, 8:12pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Richard Cranium
To make BP a fortress, you need our fans to stay off the backs of the players i.e. LJL and Disley. It usually only happens at home games. The away supporters create a good atmosphere virtually at all our games. I await the next trip to Braintree don't I Pete  ;)

Breaking my promise on commenting this thread :-/ but this just isn't true at all.

All you need to make BP a fortress is for the team to win games there, especially games against teams lower than Town in the pecking order. Simple. Win the the matches - then you get the support, not the other way round. So, over to the dressing room and the bench. Give the supporters a lift.

Posted by: ackomariner, October 19, 2014, 8:47pm; Reply: 46

Breaking my promise on commenting this thread :-/ but this just isn't true at all.

All you need to make BP a fortress is for the team to win games there, especially games against teams lower than Town in the pecking order. Simple. Win the the matches - then you get the support, not the other way round. So, over to the dressing room and the bench. Give the supporters a lift.

Whs, makes perfect sense to me
Posted by: sydney, October 19, 2014, 9:44pm; Reply: 47
Agree
Two fantastic results
Not one of us would have said six points from them two games
Now for some consistency
Believe me we are the best team in this league when when we play
Come on Town!!
Posted by: Richard Cranium, October 20, 2014, 12:25am; Reply: 48
Quoted from arryarryarry

Just back from a weekend in Cleethorpes, so this was the second game of the season I have missed.

I did say to a mate I wonder which w@nker would start a Pro Hurst / anti Hurst thread and now we know.

Also disappointed to see another certain individual make a sarcastic comment as well, I just wonder where he has been before these last two wins.

Anyway I have never been a fan of Hurst and still doubt he can get us promoted but let's give the guy a chance and see where we are come Christmas.

Having said that, there is a very important game next Saturday that could possibly lead to a few games that may bring in much needed revenue to the club so Paul Hurst is still treading a fine line.  

I have been to every game in our non league spell both home and away. Nearly 5 seasons

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 20, 2014, 10:05am; Reply: 49
I have been to every game in our non league spell both home and away. Nearly 5 seasons

Ah ............ that explains why we are still in the conference. ;)

Posted by: rancido, October 20, 2014, 1:05pm; Reply: 50

So you are the Jonah!
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 8:17am