Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where is he?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 161 Guests

Where is he?

This thread currently has 4,955 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
October 14, 2014, 9:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from BIGChris
Dont know who but we have enquired about 28 so far!!!

That rather puts a different take on the line that "I'm not going to get anyone that isn't an improvement on what we have". I can't imagine there are that many good strikers for our level that we could afford.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 14, 2014, 10:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from BIGChris

Players or teams ??

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
Garth
October 14, 2014, 10:59pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from BIGChris

That is a full two and a half teams, or a high kicking chorus line singing "You can stick your rotten fish up your a rse"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
Tommy
October 14, 2014, 11:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Surely the money we've saved by not having this striker, and not spending that part of the budget, for 4 months means we could afford to spend a little more now?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
Fcukthescunts
October 15, 2014, 7:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +776
Quoted from BIGChris

Well at least we are trying! I think it will be the next window before we do anything so it's all about staying in touch with top 5 before January. Hopefully we just play away until then as we seem to play better  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
fleabag1970
October 15, 2014, 8:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
What concerns me is when Hannah / Neilson have a bad game they are dropped .............................its a bit like when i was at school if you were a striker and you didnt score after a couple of games you were dropped !!... Hannah IMO needs a run of at least 15 games to sharpen up. As shown in the past he knows where the goal is .............Hannah IMO is the Answer . LJL is the question

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
jimgtfc
October 15, 2014, 9:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Tommy
Surely the money we've saved by not having this striker, and not spending that part of the budget, for 4 months means we could afford to spend a little more now?

I made this point a while back. We must be saving anywhere between £700 and £1000 a week in wages. There also must be money available to pay a fee for a player, because they said that wasn't the issue with Bogle. My bet is he's waiting till January to get someone good in and spend a few quid, will it be too late by then?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Wrawby_Mariner
October 15, 2014, 6:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
How did Hannah and Oates get on last night as a partnership?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 27 - 33
Garth
October 15, 2014, 7:10pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
How did Hannah and Oates get on last night as a partnership?

Difficult to say without sounding negative,Hannah scored two well taken goals and Oates tried his heart out but failed to impress (me anyway) Center half had him in  his pocket regarding winning high balls,  what can you expect from a youth player who has not had much first team experience, sorry
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
MarinerWY
October 15, 2014, 8:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from fleabag1970
What concerns me is when Hannah / Neilson have a bad game they are dropped .............................its a bit like when i was at school if you were a striker and you didnt score after a couple of games you were dropped !!... Hannah IMO needs a run of at least 15 games to sharpen up. As shown in the past he knows where the goal is .............Hannah IMO is the Answer . LJL is the question

LJL is one of our strongest assets. I agree with what some say that our game plan tends to be too rigid when he is on the pitch, and for me this is what needs to change, not the selection of LJL. We miss him when he's not playing. Yes he's not a natural goal scorer. But his holding-up, beating men, strength, lay-offs and general battling are fantastic.

Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where is he?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.