3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MeanwoodMariner
October 11, 2014, 6:15pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
LJL's penalty, like his previous 2, was absolutely perfect. I wish he could show that level of composure more often in open play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
October 11, 2014, 6:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
LJL's penalty, like his previous 2, was absolutely perfect. I wish he could show that level of composure more often in open play.

It can only help. There can't be many town fans who don't want him to be a 20 goal striker.
Reply: 11 - 28
Madeleymariner
October 11, 2014, 6:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Thought our fans were idiots today, throwing smoke bombs from the back and one been let off right under Son Ofs feet, I hope Police spotted them and they get banned for life.
The game, we were superb till dizza came on who was totally anonymous, we need another centre midfielder quick. LJL superb, he was never going to keep his workrate up all game, was totally isolated in the 2nd half. ref seemed to get most decisions right, no one had a bad game but we really missed Clay when he came off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
sonofmadeleymariner
October 11, 2014, 6:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Got to say I agree with Chris on this, while the result was great there were so many flaws, JLJ needed to come off towards the end he was knackered and isolated so much in the second half. Wrexham controlled the second half a lot till their red.

Got to say I am sad to be a Grimsby fan after the way some of our fans behaved today, who ever was the sharp object or sharp objects throwing the flares you are absolute cocks. The first nearly hit a young Wrexham girl having a photo, the second nearly hit the fire marshal, the fourth when we scored the goal was dropped right next to me, if I had know which nob jockey had dropped it I would of thrown him straight over the bannister I will be lucky if I am not coughing up a lung today and puffing on my inhaler all night.

Who ever is taking them into games I have no sympathy for if and should get a life ban.

Back to positives about the game WE WON!!!

Could anyone see the "stamp" that got Louis sent off? He was always a twit like that in high school as well if it wasn't going his way.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
headingly_mariner
October 11, 2014, 7:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Have to say I disagree with the Disley bashers, Clay was a real miss but Disley really put a shift in, he won loads of headers and got his foot in all over the place. I thought we were excellent today against a strong Wrexham team, that moult looked decent before he got sent off. I thought brown and Magnay were excellent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
AdamHaddock
October 11, 2014, 8:05pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
Good result and a very good defence performance to hold on to our lead. But if we are going to put together a winning run then the final ball needs to be better than it was today. I'm amazed people managed to get smoke bombs into the ground considering the intimate fondling I got from a steward on the way in. Random checks? Anyway, well done town - good teams are built from the back and we seem to have that aspect of our game sorted now sharpen up your play in the final third, then who knows what may happen.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
petethemariner
October 11, 2014, 8:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Magnay ALWAYS seems to be outstanding, hell of a signing and credit to PH for that -
just strange he never seems to have the same midas touch for attackers!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
Garth
October 11, 2014, 8:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

Maybe its because he has time to think about it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
LongEatonMariner
October 11, 2014, 8:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
What was LJL's celebration?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Chrisblor
October 11, 2014, 9:14pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,780
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
What was LJL's celebration?

He ran over towards the Town fans and did a double fist pump.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.