This thread currently has 3,687 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
October 8, 2014, 9:33pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Wrexham celebrate their 150th anniversary on Saturday and are expecting twice their normal attendance.

Here's hoping that somehow we manage to gatecrash their party.

We can but hope!

http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.p.....th-anniversary-match

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/100989-important-ticketing-annoucement-wxm150.html

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
DocTower
October 9, 2014, 7:11am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Surprised it isn't going to be on the box if the crowd is going to be 600% higher than we normally get to watch .  Just as long as our lads don't freeze in the hostile atmosphere , Wales v England and all that .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
MyDogsThoughts
October 9, 2014, 10:18pm

Woof Woof!!!
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +38
That has now stopped me going: do not mind watching us lose in Wales with only a few Welks in the crowd, could not stand 6,000 in voice giving us gip while 150 of our idiots sing anti-welsch drivel about sheep sh@gging etc, etc.

Plus the pubs in Wrexham are very poor beer wise.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0viO-Dm52sM/Rz9JfAGEp6I/AAAAAAAAD8Y/QB-YolLcMJ8/s320/big%2Bbones.jpg[/img]

"I Love Bones, But I Think I'll Lick My Balls Now"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
FishOutOfWater
October 10, 2014, 2:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Only ever been to Wrexham once and have not been tempted to go back since really

Quite some years ago now - we played them in thick fog and no-one could see what was going on...

Still at least we won which is more than I expect of our trip tomorrow....I'd take a point right now but then given our current plight that's not much use
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 14
Les Brechin
October 10, 2014, 2:32pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Only ever been to Wrexham once and have not been tempted to go back since really

Quite some years ago now - we played them in thick fog and no-one could see what was going on...

Still at least we won which is more than I expect of our trip tomorrow....I'd take a point right now but then given our current plight that's not much use

I can remember that game (well the bit of it I did see). Early 80's I think and it was touch and go whether the ref would abandon the game as you could hardly see the half way line. I think we won 2-0 but we only knew we'd scored at the far end when the players came running back and told Batchy we'd scored.

I can also remember a game in 89/90 in one of our promotion seasons under Buckley when Garry Birtles scored after 2 minutes and they then laid seige to our goal for the remainder of the game. Seemed like it lasted about 3 hours but we held on for the win.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
FishOutOfWater
October 10, 2014, 2:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin

I can remember that game (well the bit of it I did see). Early 80's I think and it was touch and go whether the ref would abandon the game as you could hardly see the half way line. I think we won 2-0 but we only knew we'd scored at the far end when the players came running back and told Batchy we'd scored.

I can also remember a game in 89/90 in one of our promotion seasons under Buckley when Garry Birtles scored after 2 minutes and they then laid seige to our goal for the remainder of the game. Seemed like it lasted about 3 hours but we held on for the win.

That's right Les...2-0 it was

Batchy putting his arms up to celebrate goals that neither he nor we could see...a bit surreal I guess but we all celebrated with him even though we hadn't a clue who had scored them or how they'd gone in  

And if we have the same outcome tomorrow as your second game mentioned that would do me nicely!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 14
arryarryarry
October 10, 2014, 2:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Les Brechin
Wrexham celebrate their 150th anniversary on Saturday and are expecting twice their normal attendance.

Here's hoping that somehow we manage to gatecrash their party.

We can but hope!

http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.p.....th-anniversary-match

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/100989-important-ticketing-annoucement-wxm150.html

I hope it isn't like when we tried to gatecrash Oldham's party.

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Abdul19
October 10, 2014, 3:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Quoted from arryarryarry

I hope it isn't like when we tried to gatecrash Oldham's party.

That was the most predictable hammering ever. Luckily they declared at half time.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
cmackenzie4
October 10, 2014, 3:48pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
I have only been once and hated the place.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
Brazilnut
October 10, 2014, 4:07pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +978
Gold Stars: 30
Remember the fog game........and also remember going on a good day and banks beer painted on top of roof of stand and this was before we put william hill on top of main stand

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bumper Gate on Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.