Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 8, 2014, 9:33pm
Wrexham celebrate their 150th anniversary on Saturday and are expecting twice their normal attendance.

Here's hoping that somehow we manage to gatecrash their party.

We can but hope!

http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/component/k2/item/1919-wrexham-fc-announce-ticket-arrangements-and-special-commemorative-ticket-for-150th-anniversary-match

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/100989-important-ticketing-annoucement-wxm150.html
Posted by: DocTower, October 9, 2014, 7:11am; Reply: 1
Surprised it isn't going to be on the box if the crowd is going to be 600% higher than we normally get to watch .  Just as long as our lads don't freeze in the hostile atmosphere , Wales v England and all that .
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, October 9, 2014, 10:18pm; Reply: 2
That has now stopped me going: do not mind watching us lose in Wales with only a few Welks in the crowd, could not stand 6,000 in voice giving us gip while 150 of our idiots sing anti-welsch drivel about sheep sh@gging etc, etc.

Plus the pubs in Wrexham are very poor beer wise.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 10, 2014, 2:07pm; Reply: 3
Only ever been to Wrexham once and have not been tempted to go back since really

Quite some years ago now - we played them in thick fog and no-one could see what was going on...

Still at least we won which is more than I expect of our trip tomorrow....I'd take a point right now but then given our current plight that's not much use
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 10, 2014, 2:32pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Only ever been to Wrexham once and have not been tempted to go back since really

Quite some years ago now - we played them in thick fog and no-one could see what was going on...

Still at least we won which is more than I expect of our trip tomorrow....I'd take a point right now but then given our current plight that's not much use

I can remember that game (well the bit of it I did see). Early 80's I think and it was touch and go whether the ref would abandon the game as you could hardly see the half way line. I think we won 2-0 but we only knew we'd scored at the far end when the players came running back and told Batchy we'd scored.

I can also remember a game in 89/90 in one of our promotion seasons under Buckley when Garry Birtles scored after 2 minutes and they then laid seige to our goal for the remainder of the game. Seemed like it lasted about 3 hours but we held on for the win.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 10, 2014, 2:40pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Les Brechin

I can remember that game (well the bit of it I did see). Early 80's I think and it was touch and go whether the ref would abandon the game as you could hardly see the half way line. I think we won 2-0 but we only knew we'd scored at the far end when the players came running back and told Batchy we'd scored.

I can also remember a game in 89/90 in one of our promotion seasons under Buckley when Garry Birtles scored after 2 minutes and they then laid seige to our goal for the remainder of the game. Seemed like it lasted about 3 hours but we held on for the win.

That's right Les...2-0 it was

Batchy putting his arms up to celebrate goals that neither he nor we could see...a bit surreal I guess but we all celebrated with him even though we hadn't a clue who had scored them or how they'd gone in  ::)

And if we have the same outcome tomorrow as your second game mentioned that would do me nicely!  :)
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 10, 2014, 2:54pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin
Wrexham celebrate their 150th anniversary on Saturday and are expecting twice their normal attendance.

Here's hoping that somehow we manage to gatecrash their party.

We can but hope!

http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/component/k2/item/1919-wrexham-fc-announce-ticket-arrangements-and-special-commemorative-ticket-for-150th-anniversary-match

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/100989-important-ticketing-annoucement-wxm150.html

I hope it isn't like when we tried to gatecrash Oldham's party.

Posted by: Abdul19, October 10, 2014, 3:35pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

I hope it isn't like when we tried to gatecrash Oldham's party.

That was the most predictable hammering ever. Luckily they declared at half time.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 10, 2014, 3:48pm; Reply: 8
I have only been once and hated the place.
Posted by: Brazilnut, October 10, 2014, 4:07pm; Reply: 9
Remember the fog game........and also remember going on a good day and banks beer painted on top of roof of stand and this was before we put william hill on top of main stand
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 10, 2014, 4:09pm; Reply: 10
Brought mine online to collect in the shop, cheap stake that I am :)
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 10, 2014, 6:20pm; Reply: 11
I'm going and expect to have a superb weekend as I have done the last 3 times I've been.
Not too dissimilar from a night out in Gy/Meggies.  The English accent seems to work with the ladies (although I do use that word very very loosely). Maybe any competition from the males are too busy sheep bothering or something.  The down side may well be that I will be out with 3 Wrexscum fans and depending on the result, will be a very cheap or a very expensive night !!!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 10, 2014, 6:31pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Civvy at last
I'm going and expect to have a superb weekend as I have done the last 3 times I've been.
Not too dissimilar from a night out in Gy/Meggies.  The English accent seems to work with the ladies (although I do use that word very very loosely). Maybe any competition from the males are too busy sheep bothering or something.  The down side may well be that I will be out with 3 Wrexscum fans and depending on the result, will be a very cheap or a very expensive night !!!

I suppose us old Matelot's can have a good night in any Town/City Si ay? 8)

Can you remember the old bop nights in the Naafi bar at Northwood?
Posted by: fishyrich, October 10, 2014, 7:31pm; Reply: 13
ive been unfortunate enough to find myself at the racecourse a few times. the highlight was seeing steve evans boston side get relegated which almost made up for not getting a ticket to Macca's last game at Shrewsbury on the same day. Low point was a 6 hour round trip last season to see naff all, fuming!!!

UTM
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 11, 2014, 2:07pm; Reply: 14
5,600 tickets already sold upto around 11am Friday morning >> [url=http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/terrace-talk-wrexham-fcs-anniversary-7914573]http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/terrace-talk-wrexham-fcs-anniversary-7914573[/url]
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:18am