Corkyefes
October 8, 2014, 10:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
Morning All,

I stopped posting on here for a good while as basically it started to be full of alot of sh*te.

Just thought I would give me view on the current surroundings with the manager and the team.

I went to the game last night and despite having 75% of the possession, we just didn't have the urge to put the ball in the back of the net.
Clay (I think it was him) should of hammered one home in the first half and Paddy should of buried his header in the second half... They were the only two clear cut chances I remember.

Now what is the problem? ... The problem is, we haven't got anybody who's clinical in the box. Despite LJL's hold up play, he's not the fox in the box that we need.
Maybe Pitman will be, but how much can we rely on him not being injured? ... He came here with plenty of reports of being injury prone.

The big problem we have got is we are not going to bring in a quality proven striker without paying... And that's now not possible with the window being shut.
We are going to have to take a gamble on a reserve player who wants to get himself back in the shop window. That is the most difficult task for a manager for me.

I was really disappointed with McKreth  (or however you spell it) last night. He only managed to beat the full back and handful of times and when he did, he either over hit his cross or cut it back to no-one... Admittedly we should have players running in, but were not going to get that from Brown or Clay are we?... They are both too defensive.

I was disappointed aswell that we started the game with just one up top. In my opinion, we should of started with two and had Neilson on the right wing.
Altrincham were 20th in the league going into the game... We should of started all out attack and put the shi*ters up them.... Last night was too negative!

Now, has Hurst got to go? ... I think he has.... He has now had plenty of time and do we look like we've improved? .. Not for me.

Even if we managed to squeeze into the playoffs, would Hurst install the confidence in the players to go and win it? ... He hasn't been able to do it the last two times (yes one with Scott) and I don't believe he could do it this time.

Now is the time to change in my opinion. It'll give chance for a new man to turn things around and try to sneak into the playoffs.
The season is not dead, like some are saying, however anybody who thinks we can still win the league can certainly get that out of there heads... We are too far behind.

So Mr Fenty / The board... Either get rid of Hurst sharpish or back him financially allowing him to bring in a quality striker on loan... Even if we have to pay a loan fee!

If you let him continue the way we are.. expect the gates to lower week after week and plenty more shouting for your heads instead.

Corkyefes.
Private Message
cmackenzie4
October 8, 2014, 12:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.29
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,320
Gold Stars: 33
I would class myself as very clinical in the box, Well that's what the misses said!  

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
RoboCod
October 8, 2014, 12:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I would class myself as very clinical in the box, Well that's what the misses said!  

She told you to get to the clinic  

Good post though Corky, pretty much sums up my stance.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
OneLove
October 8, 2014, 12:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Well playing 4-5-1 against a team who's going to come here for a draw has got DRAW written all over it. He plays too much into what the opposition are doing instead of going with a solid 4-4-2 and letting them worry about us.

Another valuable 3 pointer down the swanny.

That whole squad needs to sit down and watch how they played the FA Cup games last season and show that we are a massive threat and can beats these teams that come here instead of being all wimpy about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
DocTower
October 8, 2014, 1:03pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Sitting on the fence now isn't an option , either sack him or back him . It's going to cost us  either way . The managerial merry go round has already started  , do we want to get on it ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
ackomariner
October 8, 2014, 4:00pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from OneLove
Well playing 4-5-1 against a team who's going to come here for a draw has got DRAW written all over it. He plays too much into what the opposition are doing instead of going with a solid 4-4-2 and letting them worry about us.

Another valuable 3 pointer down the swanny.

That whole squad needs to sit down and watch how they played the FA Cup games last season and show that we are a massive threat and can beats these teams that come here instead of being all wimpy about it.

No point in watching the fa cup games......hurst got rid of Cook who played.....and LJL never played, but hurst has backed him to the hilt over the last two years, that he would lose face now if he drops him.

That's my theory anyway

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
BIGChris
October 8, 2014, 4:17pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from ackomariner

No point in watching the fa cup games......hurst got rid of Cook who played.....and LJL never played, but hurst has backed him to the hilt over the last two years, that he would lose face now if he drops him.

That's my theory anyway

Who scored our first goal at Glanford Park in the FA Cup replay?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
ackomariner
October 8, 2014, 4:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from BIGChris

Who scored our first goal at Glanford Park in the FA Cup replay?

Was on about how well we played against Huddersfield Chris  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
fishkeeper
October 8, 2014, 5:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +136
hurst becomes England manager we win the world cup . The pope makes hurst a saint and fenty becomes tory primeminister . then I wake up from my nightmare
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
gtfc82
October 8, 2014, 6:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
To me this 'we still need a striker' talk is purely being used to mask Hurst's inability to create effective tactics that suit the players we have!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › My View - The Future

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.