1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
October 8, 2014, 7:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We have had quite possibly the easiest fixtures to start a season you could have wished for.  The gap between us and top spot / play off's is creeping further away each game.  If PH can not get maximum points from the majority of teams in the bottom half of the table then we are not going to get in the play off's.

Several things need to happen,
1. He signs strikers and organises the team so that we go on a winning streak, this is achievable but will cost more benign loans otherwise it's limbo in this league.

2. Someone who can assemble a top 3 squad and play like a top 3 squad needs to be brought in, we are one of the biggest clubs in this league and promotion is more likely achievable here than elsewhere.

This is the second time in my 35 years of following Town that I am completely numb to how I feel, the first being when we got relegated out of the league.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
DocTower
October 8, 2014, 7:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Same feeling my lad had walking out last night . Are there still rose tinted fans out there . 800 less last night  we will be down to 2000 very soon . We are now just an average conference side .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
ginnywings
October 8, 2014, 7:58am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
I just feel indifferent. I never had faith in Hurst and am not surprised to be honest.

We could have made significant ground on the leaders in the last 5 or 6 games but didn't. Great away performances at Halifax and Kiddy have not been backed up by again failing to beat the also rans. It's a familiar pattern.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
chaos33
October 8, 2014, 8:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 357
Hey, worse than that...we've become 'also rans' ourselves! It's sickening.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Hagrid
October 8, 2014, 8:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,373
Gold Stars: 532
yes, yes i feel deflated walking away from every home game recently, We are an average team in a urine poor league and im gutted about whats happening. Just wishing for things to change, dont believe they will, therein lies the problem
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
jonnyboy82
October 8, 2014, 8:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Ah well..

Any normal club this size in this league would have acted by now but no not us hey john.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
gtfc82
October 8, 2014, 9:28am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
I said to my mate that we had to win at least 3 of these 4 games for Hurst to keep within touching distance of the play offs. 1 win is just terrible, considering the teams we've played and with Wrexham and Torquay coming up I can't see that form improving. Hurst just has to go for us to have any hope this season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
denni266
October 8, 2014, 9:54am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 132
The gap is only going to get bigger as the top teams start to play the bottom ones,, to be honest we look more and more like a team that will be battling relegation again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone else feeling numb

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.