Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 8, 2014, 7:30am
We have had quite possibly the easiest fixtures to start a season you could have wished for.  The gap between us and top spot / play off's is creeping further away each game.  If PH can not get maximum points from the majority of teams in the bottom half of the table then we are not going to get in the play off's.

Several things need to happen,
1. He signs strikers and organises the team so that we go on a winning streak, this is achievable but will cost more benign loans otherwise it's limbo in this league.

2. Someone who can assemble a top 3 squad and play like a top 3 squad needs to be brought in, we are one of the biggest clubs in this league and promotion is more likely achievable here than elsewhere.

This is the second time in my 35 years of following Town that I am completely numb to how I feel, the first being when we got relegated out of the league.
Posted by: DocTower, October 8, 2014, 7:48am; Reply: 1
Same feeling my lad had walking out last night . Are there still rose tinted fans out there . 800 less last night  we will be down to 2000 very soon . We are now just an average conference side .
Posted by: ginnywings, October 8, 2014, 7:58am; Reply: 2
I just feel indifferent. I never had faith in Hurst and am not surprised to be honest.

We could have made significant ground on the leaders in the last 5 or 6 games but didn't. Great away performances at Halifax and Kiddy have not been backed up by again failing to beat the also rans. It's a familiar pattern.
Posted by: chaos33, October 8, 2014, 8:18am; Reply: 3
Hey, worse than that...we've become 'also rans' ourselves! It's sickening.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 8, 2014, 8:23am; Reply: 4
yes, yes i feel deflated walking away from every home game recently, We are an average team in a urine poor league and im gutted about whats happening. Just wishing for things to change, dont believe they will, therein lies the problem
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 8, 2014, 8:25am; Reply: 5
Ah well..

Any normal club this size in this league would have acted by now but no not us hey john.
Posted by: gtfc82, October 8, 2014, 9:28am; Reply: 6
I said to my mate that we had to win at least 3 of these 4 games for Hurst to keep within touching distance of the play offs. 1 win is just terrible, considering the teams we've played and with Wrexham and Torquay coming up I can't see that form improving. Hurst just has to go for us to have any hope this season!
Posted by: denni266, October 8, 2014, 9:54am; Reply: 7
The gap is only going to get bigger as the top teams start to play the bottom ones,, to be honest we look more and more like a team that will be battling relegation again
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 2:04pm