Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 323 Guests

Dear John.

This thread currently has 6,243 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 8, 2014, 7:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
I appreciate that JF has a lot of time for PH, and in many ways that is right and proper, two or three seasons ago we were desperate for players who would have pride in wearing our shirt and who would give 100 per cent. The appointment of S&H at least corrected this and with two play offs on the bounce whilst some of us wanted change there remained a strong argument to retain him.

However, the bitterness and the divide that is now surfacing amongst town fans is maybe critical to our future, not just our immediate future but long term. My own opinion and decision to stay away is, it appears, reflective of many fans who like me have been supporting the club for a number of decades. As other threads have said once some of these fans are gone it will be hard to get them back and falling gate receipts will result in lower playing budgets and we become embroiled in a viscious circle of decline.

I have solely based my opinions on our results and the quality of football displayed and I believe stats on other threads have demonstrated that over the last 46 games we would be nowhere near finishing asa top 5 side. Indeed our statistical friends have also highlighted the high levels we have to achieve for the rest of the season if we are to attain that target this year. Two difficult away fixtures may see that target get a little more difficult.

In summary JF if Hurst stays you will be placed in the uneviable position of having to put more of your own cash into the club or presiding over further decline in our club's fortunes, or, you walk away and I have no idea how that will play out in our club's future. It may not be easy but I cannot see beyond the fact that Hurst must go and it has to be in the next few days to alleviate real financial damage to our club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 61
northbankmariner
October 8, 2014, 7:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
In reply to Grimsby Pete's original post, then begrudgingly I would have to say yes. I love gtfc but all my enthusiasm has slowly been sucked out of me. Am not saying that the manager is rubbish and I accept he has put together a decent squad and been unlucky with injuries, I just feel a fresh face in might improve matters and the new guy whoever he is might just get that extra 10% out of the players that would turn draws into victories etc and breath some life back into the club. Sorry but I feel hurst has taken us as far as he can.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 61
grimsby pete
October 8, 2014, 7:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from barralad

What a good idea! I vote that the "Just Back" thread can only be commented on by those who were just back from the game...

Ian why do you not read the whole thread ?

"We the following would like you to appoint a new manager before it's too late,"

Meaning the ones who said yes agreed ,

Not we the following do not agree  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 61
kingster72
October 8, 2014, 7:58pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
YES & Fenty is putting himself under big pressure by not acting, it's been so obvious for so long now, that Hurst is limited and not capable of taking us up.  Fenty, not backing or sacking Hurst, means fans are getting increasingly frustrated, a line needs drawing either way.  Personally I think Fenty is an idiot, who as well as Hurst, needs removing before the clubs can bring back happy days.  JF continuously out trumps himself on being the most stupid fan GTFC have and is cranking up the pressure on himself & Hurst with his mute stance!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 61
MuddyWaters
October 8, 2014, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from kingster72
YES & Fenty is putting himself under big pressure by not acting, it's been so obvious for so long now, that Hurst is limited and not capable of taking us up.  Fenty, not backing or sacking Hurst, means fans are getting increasingly frustrated, a line needs drawing either way.  Personally I think Fenty is an idiot, who as well as Hurst, needs removing before the clubs can bring back happy days.  JF continuously out trumps himself on being the most stupid fan GTFC have and is cranking up the pressure on himself & Hurst with his mute stance!

Well let's see what he says tomorrow. Preparing to hide behind the sofa......
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 61
grimsby pete
October 8, 2014, 8:04pm

Exile
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well let's see what he says tomorrow. Preparing to hide behind the sofa......

The way it's worded I do not think it will be the sack for Hurst,

More like we have money for a striker, we have been unlucky with injuries ect ect.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 61
ackomariner
October 8, 2014, 9:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete

The way it's worded I do not think it will be the sack for Hurst,

More like we have money for a striker, we have been unlucky with injuries ect ect.

Exactly Pete , he won't get the boot and us as fans know it.

I think he'll come out and say that hurst is doing ok, funds are there but players won't come here because of the fans on the fishy  

LJL will come good because hurst says so and not mention the act he did to town fans at dartford

Hannah is offside all the time, so play stops us from putting the ball in the net

The fans will be back once hurst makes bp a fortress

He agreed with the 4-5-1 last night

Thx Chris Parker for the work he's done

In other words, not worth reading  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 61
ackomariner
October 8, 2014, 9:50pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad

What a good idea! I vote that the "Just Back" thread can only be commented on by those who were just back from the game...

Your getting as bad as us morons Ian  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 61
KingstonMariner
October 8, 2014, 11:08pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Yes

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 61
grimsby pete
October 8, 2014, 11:15pm

Exile
My idea when I put this thread on was it to be like a petition sent to John via the Fishy,

BUT

Like most of my threads it did not work out,

I could have put a poll up but that does not tell John who has voted for what,

Never mind, we will be stuck with Hurst for the rest of the season me thinks.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 61
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dear John.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.