Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2014, 10:22pm
We the following would like you to appoint a new manager before it's too late,

Any posters on here who want Hurst to stay, start your own thread,

Any posters wanting Hurst out please say yes .

I will start us off,  YES
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 7, 2014, 10:23pm; Reply: 1
Yes
Posted by: carrot top, October 7, 2014, 10:26pm; Reply: 2
I don't like anybody to lose their job but he is not the man for this club. Playing one striker at home against a bottom half team is not right
Posted by: highcliff mariner, October 7, 2014, 10:28pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete

ha ha who are you to tell people that , its my post and i'm taking it home ner ner ner
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 7, 2014, 10:28pm; Reply: 4
Yes
Posted by: gtfc82, October 7, 2014, 10:28pm; Reply: 5
Yes. He has to go! Tactically clueless!!!
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 7, 2014, 10:29pm; Reply: 6
Yes
Posted by: SlouchyMetal, October 7, 2014, 10:32pm; Reply: 7
yes
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 7, 2014, 10:32pm; Reply: 8
YES!!
Posted by: nightrider, October 7, 2014, 10:32pm; Reply: 9
Keep the manager - sack the striker
Posted by: Green27, October 7, 2014, 10:34pm; Reply: 10
I think you should have a go John
Posted by: mariner2000, October 7, 2014, 10:35pm; Reply: 11
yes
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2014, 10:36pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from highcliff mariner

ha ha who are you to tell people that , its my post and i'm taking it home ner ner ner

Who are you to tell me what I put on my thread ?

The idea is , to see what people want and if you have the two sides of whether they think Hurst should go or stay getting mixed up on the same thread messes things up, like you have done,

Either say yes or start your own thread. :P
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 7, 2014, 10:37pm; Reply: 13
YES
Posted by: bradzmilne, October 7, 2014, 10:38pm; Reply: 14
I'm sorry but, Yes.
I hate chop and changing managers and espicially knee jerk reactions but i feel his time has come now and has took the club as far as he can take us. I have respect for the bloke though, I really do. Just dont think he is the man to take us forward
Posted by: 2578 (Guest), October 7, 2014, 10:38pm; Reply: 15
Yes
Posted by: Mariners_15, October 7, 2014, 10:39pm; Reply: 16
Yes
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, October 7, 2014, 10:40pm; Reply: 17
Yes
Posted by: highcliff mariner, October 7, 2014, 10:40pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete

The idea is , to see what people want and if you have the two sides of whether they think Hurst should go or stay getting mixed up on the same thread messes things up, like you have done,

I never ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2014, 10:43pm; Reply: 19

ha ha  WHO ARE YOU TO TELL PEOPLE THAT , its my post and i'm taking it home ner ner ner

Is that not telling me I can not post what I want on my thread ?

Posted by: highcliff mariner, October 7, 2014, 10:45pm; Reply: 20
No it was asking you why you thought you could stop others posting on YOUR thread .
Posted by: denni266, October 7, 2014, 10:46pm; Reply: 21
Yes
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2014, 10:47pm; Reply: 22
No it was asking you why you thought you could stop others posting on YOUR thread .

Are you a bit thick ?

This is a yes thread,

If you disagree , start a no thread.
Posted by: pontoonlew, October 7, 2014, 10:51pm; Reply: 23
Yes!
Posted by: highcliff mariner, October 7, 2014, 10:52pm; Reply: 24
Not as thick as you apparently , and i never said i disagreed with you . night .
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 7, 2014, 10:53pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from grimsby pete

Are you a bit thick ?

This is a yes thread,

Ha.
;D

Posted by: grimps, October 7, 2014, 10:54pm; Reply: 26
YES !
I wanted the same a long time ago but nobody would listen , everything Ive said has come true and I know hardly intercourse all about football
Posted by: vinno69, October 7, 2014, 11:01pm; Reply: 27
YES!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 7, 2014, 11:03pm; Reply: 28
YES, his time is up, the gates are down nearly 1,000 will only get worse.

Only 2,500 of us there tonight.
Posted by: friskneymariner, October 7, 2014, 11:09pm; Reply: 29
I think the missing 1000 would say yes.
Posted by: Garth, October 7, 2014, 11:16pm; Reply: 30
Yes I`m afraid, playing a team of midfielders Plan A  leaving strikers on the bench finally did it for me, Plan B came too late when frustration had set in, we were not unlucky tonight, you make your own luck

Christ even the ref was on our side tonight and we still failed to win
Posted by: TAGG, October 8, 2014, 12:00am; Reply: 31
Twist.......you know what I mean GrimRob  ;)
Posted by: Tommy, October 8, 2014, 8:47am; Reply: 32
Yes.

The time has come to make a change.

The only worry is whether the board have enough football nous between them to target and attract the 'right' man.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 8, 2014, 8:52am; Reply: 33
Quoted from grimsby pete

Are you a bit thick ?

This is a yes thread,

No.

Oh hang on a minute, that's a No to starting a thread.

Oh dear, I think I have messed up your thread now.

Why don't you start another one?
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, October 8, 2014, 10:28am; Reply: 34
YES, without doubt !

For a club with our stature, support, funding, fan base etc, it is an absolute disgrace to find ourselves eleven points behind the leaders at this stage of the season.

Starting a game against the quality of opposition we faced last night with one, (so called), striker says a lot about the mentality of the current manager.

Please John, have the balls to do it NOW and give a new man time to save the season.
Posted by: RonMariner, October 8, 2014, 1:28pm; Reply: 35
I'm afraid that, given the majority of performances this season, I have to say YES.

I happen to think we have a good squad of players, and Hurst deserves credit for that. But when we throw away home points to the likes of Southport and the other dross of the division, it is clear that we really are not going out there with a well motivated team armed with a clear game plan. And that is down to the manager.

We don't seem to be able to react to difficult match situations and change tactics accordingly. And that too is down to the manager. We are not making the best of the players we have, and some of the team selections are baffling. For example, starting with one up front against Altringham at home?  With out best creative player and best finishers on the bench?

I can't see what is going to suddenly change our performances on the pitch without a change off it.

Yes we are good defensively. And have earned some good points away from home. But that is no use if we are dropping loads of points at home against poor opposition.  

We are now in a position where we have ground to make up on the pace setters. It's time for a change, before that gap to the play offs gets too insurmountable.

Posted by: highcliff mariner, October 8, 2014, 2:39pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from ivanosandwich

No.

Oh hang on a minute, that's a No to starting a thread.

Oh dear, I think I have messed up your thread now.

Why don't you start another one?

Actually LoL'd  ;D
Posted by: chrissy, October 8, 2014, 2:48pm; Reply: 37
Yes
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, October 8, 2014, 3:48pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from grimsby pete

An alternative method might be to have a poll...now I'm sure someone could set one up!
Posted by: ackomariner, October 8, 2014, 3:53pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

An alternative method might be to have a poll...now I'm sure someone could set one up!

Don't know, he's been fairly quiet recently
Posted by: Badger57, October 8, 2014, 4:01pm; Reply: 40
Yes of course, I've been saying it long enough!
Posted by: Cott_Mike, October 8, 2014, 4:37pm; Reply: 41
yes yes yes
Posted by: fishkeeper, October 8, 2014, 4:48pm; Reply: 42
YES YES YES the sooner the better
Posted by: Grimal, October 8, 2014, 4:52pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from fishkeeper
YES YES YES the sooner the better

Come on,be fair only one vote per member. ;)

Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 8, 2014, 5:04pm; Reply: 44
Surprised their hasn't been another poll to be honest, usually one crops up lol. (sneaky2)
Posted by: gtfc98, October 8, 2014, 5:08pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from grimsby pete

So boring.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2014, 5:24pm; Reply: 46
Never mind a poll, what we think or anything else. It seems that it's time for some clarity from the boardroom. Last night's attendance was a reflection on what the fans think whether JF likes it or not. The club cannot afford to take a £10k hit in takings for many home games, I would even guess that £10k goes a long way toward paying the squad salary for a week.

So where do we go from here? Tell us from the top, is Paul your man? If so, give him a proper budget to attract TWO strikers who know where the net is because two don't and the other two are injured (or whatever's up with Arnold).
Posted by: barralad, October 8, 2014, 6:42pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from grimsby pete

What a good idea! I vote that the "Just Back" thread can only be commented on by those who were just back from the game... :)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2014, 6:45pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from barralad

What a good idea! I vote that the "Just Back" thread can only be commented on by those who were just back from the game... :)

Might as well shut the forum the way attendances are going down then. Why not limit it to only the 'Rose Tints' who go and done with it?  ;)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 8, 2014, 7:04pm; Reply: 49
Give him the money it would cost to get rid and appoint another manager to buy a couple of players. We might not be able to find another manager who can use computers.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 8, 2014, 7:04pm; Reply: 50
I appreciate that JF has a lot of time for PH, and in many ways that is right and proper, two or three seasons ago we were desperate for players who would have pride in wearing our shirt and who would give 100 per cent. The appointment of S&H at least corrected this and with two play offs on the bounce whilst some of us wanted change there remained a strong argument to retain him.

However, the bitterness and the divide that is now surfacing amongst town fans is maybe critical to our future, not just our immediate future but long term. My own opinion and decision to stay away is, it appears, reflective of many fans who like me have been supporting the club for a number of decades. As other threads have said once some of these fans are gone it will be hard to get them back and falling gate receipts will result in lower playing budgets and we become embroiled in a viscious circle of decline.

I have solely based my opinions on our results and the quality of football displayed and I believe stats on other threads have demonstrated that over the last 46 games we would be nowhere near finishing asa top 5 side. Indeed our statistical friends have also highlighted the high levels we have to achieve for the rest of the season if we are to attain that target this year. Two difficult away fixtures may see that target get a little more difficult.

In summary JF if Hurst stays you will be placed in the uneviable position of having to put more of your own cash into the club or presiding over further decline in our club's fortunes, or, you walk away and I have no idea how that will play out in our club's future. It may not be easy but I cannot see beyond the fact that Hurst must go and it has to be in the next few days to alleviate real financial damage to our club.
Posted by: northbankmariner, October 8, 2014, 7:06pm; Reply: 51
In reply to Grimsby Pete's original post, then begrudgingly I would have to say yes. I love gtfc but all my enthusiasm has slowly been sucked out of me. Am not saying that the manager is rubbish and I accept he has put together a decent squad and been unlucky with injuries, I just feel a fresh face in might improve matters and the new guy whoever he is might just get that extra 10% out of the players that would turn draws into victories etc and breath some life back into the club. Sorry but I feel hurst has taken us as far as he can.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 8, 2014, 7:11pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from barralad

Ian why do you not read the whole thread ?

"We the following would like you to appoint a new manager before it's too late,"

Meaning the ones who said yes agreed ,

Not we the following do not agree  :P
Posted by: kingster72, October 8, 2014, 7:58pm; Reply: 53
YES & Fenty is putting himself under big pressure by not acting, it's been so obvious for so long now, that Hurst is limited and not capable of taking us up.  Fenty, not backing or sacking Hurst, means fans are getting increasingly frustrated, a line needs drawing either way.  Personally I think Fenty is an idiot, who as well as Hurst, needs removing before the clubs can bring back happy days.  JF continuously out trumps himself on being the most stupid fan GTFC have and is cranking up the pressure on himself & Hurst with his mute stance!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2014, 8:01pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from kingster72
YES & Fenty is putting himself under big pressure by not acting, it's been so obvious for so long now, that Hurst is limited and not capable of taking us up.  Fenty, not backing or sacking Hurst, means fans are getting increasingly frustrated, a line needs drawing either way.  Personally I think Fenty is an idiot, who as well as Hurst, needs removing before the clubs can bring back happy days.  JF continuously out trumps himself on being the most stupid fan GTFC have and is cranking up the pressure on himself & Hurst with his mute stance!

Well let's see what he says tomorrow. Preparing to hide behind the sofa......
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 8, 2014, 8:04pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well let's see what he says tomorrow. Preparing to hide behind the sofa......

The way it's worded I do not think it will be the sack for Hurst,

More like we have money for a striker, we have been unlucky with injuries ect ect.
Posted by: ackomariner, October 8, 2014, 9:45pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from grimsby pete

The way it's worded I do not think it will be the sack for Hurst,

More like we have money for a striker, we have been unlucky with injuries ect ect.

Exactly Pete , he won't get the boot and us as fans know it.

I think he'll come out and say that hurst is doing ok, funds are there but players won't come here because of the fans on the fishy  :P

LJL will come good because hurst says so and not mention the act he did to town fans at dartford

Hannah is offside all the time, so play stops us from putting the ball in the net

The fans will be back once hurst makes bp a fortress

He agreed with the 4-5-1 last night

Thx Chris Parker for the work he's done

In other words, not worth reading  
Posted by: ackomariner, October 8, 2014, 9:50pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from barralad

Your getting as bad as us morons Ian  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 8, 2014, 11:08pm; Reply: 58
Yes
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 8, 2014, 11:15pm; Reply: 59
My idea when I put this thread on was it to be like a petition sent to John via the Fishy,

BUT

Like most of my threads it did not work out,

I could have put a poll up but that does not tell John who has voted for what,

Never mind, we will be stuck with Hurst for the rest of the season me thinks.
Posted by: gaz57, October 9, 2014, 12:03am; Reply: 60
YES, 1 man up front ( 30 goal's in 8 years ) at home. The tactics of a  tictac.
Posted by: tashee69, October 9, 2014, 1:53am; Reply: 61
Quoted from gaz57
YES, 1 man up front ( 30 goal's in 8 years ) at home. The tactics of a  tictac.

I totally agree with what you're saying but the stat what you're using is one of those silly ones. Bit like saying would you really think a striker that has scored 39 in 6 years was worth while signing. That striker was Clive Mendonca. Most youngsters don't get games and when they do it's generally as a sub. If you look on soccerbase Lenny has started 128 games and been brought on as sub 116 times.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 3:37pm