This thread currently has 2,616 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
maxfox44
October 7, 2014, 1:13pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
Of course it is also "up to the players" to perform, if they are behind the clueless clown. Hurst out.  BTW, I can say it on here, but at the ground I will support them all, include Paul.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
October 7, 2014, 1:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 75
We shouldn't be asking him to do too much defensive work, instead ask him to link betweek midfield and attack and do what he's good at. .

Absolutely. That's what good management is all about isn't it? I can remember John Robertson playing for Forest. Tubby little lad, magic on the ball, brilliant crosser. Provided the outlet from the defence for years. Did Clough worry about his work rate or make his tackle back? No. He had other players to do that, he built a team that fitted together. They didn't all have to be Mike Lyons runners and chasers.

You don't put square pegs in round holes.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 7, 2014, 1:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
When the tactics are so bad that a rabid ferret can see, how can he criticise anyone.

Pot kettle and black

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on Sportstalk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.