2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Theimperialcoroner
October 6, 2014, 6:34pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
What's he said then?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
highcliff mariner
October 6, 2014, 6:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
everyones picking on him

someone better at it than me will post a link , but sounds to me a man under pressure .
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
psgmariner
October 6, 2014, 8:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
He said it was a tough interview from a great journalist and because he had a bit of a headache he was delighted with his effort to get through it unscathed.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Nelly GTFC
October 6, 2014, 8:36pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,724
Gold Stars: 30
Exactly 25 minutes in >> [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p027630r]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p027630r[/url]

34:20 seconds in for some questions from fans criticising the results.

Also 50:20 seconds in about team selection for tomorrow.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Belfast Town
October 6, 2014, 9:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Exactly 25 minutes in >> [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p027630r]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p027630r[/url]

34:20 seconds in for some questions from fans criticising the results.

Also 50:20 seconds in about team selection for tomorrow.

Great - thanks or posting, especially the times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
arryarryarry
October 6, 2014, 9:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
If it is the same interview on MP then in relation to the dropping of Nielson for the Dartford game he basically said he wasn't happy with his contribution against Southport, so that defeat was all down to Nielson then.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
Stevie Saunders
October 6, 2014, 10:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +363
Not all down to Neillson
Manager wasn't happy with his contribution so he dropped him; happens all the time

That's what managers do...manage as they see fit; he has a squad so will use it

I guess he was just trying to freshen things up... personally, I wouldn;t have dropped him cos he's a game changer but there you go.

Didn't work in terms of getting a win - but that wasn't down to Neillson not playing, it's the fact the rest of the squad weren't good enough to win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
gtfc98
October 7, 2014, 12:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from arryarryarry
If it is the same interview on MP then in relation to the dropping of Nielson for the Dartford game he basically said he wasn't happy with his contribution against Southport, so that defeat was all down to Nielson then.

Can anyone really disagree with that though? He was very poor against Southport. He's been great this season but he isn't undroppable.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
FishOutOfWater
October 7, 2014, 12:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from gtfc98

Can anyone really disagree with that though? He was very poor against Southport. He's been great this season but he isn't undroppable.

I don't think that Nielson had that good a game against Southport but then again nobody did really so a change of some description for the next game was due imho

Nielson seemed way too far off his usual standard but being out wide on the left (with them putting 2 and sometimes 3 players on him and then him not getting any support from his team-mates) he was never really going to be effective against Southport

I think Hurst has shot himself in the foot, not so much with the way Nielson was "dropped" for Dartford but how he dealt with the post match interview

He could easily have said he wanted a different approach and that it was "horses for courses" etc. but I think he's feeling the pressure (quite rightly - we are under-performing) and so snapped all too easily when asked the question by JT

When all's said and done, over the past week no-one has really come out with any credit...it's not all down to Hurst, it certainly wasn't all down to Nielson last Tuesday and the poor(ish) performance at Dartford as well as at home to Southport was a collective failure to convincingly despatch two teams (where we as fans expected them to)

Tonight our expectations of a victory should again be quite high...it's up to the players to "man up" and get out there and show all of us, the fans AND the manager that they deserve their place in the team week in, week out by delivering the goods, not just offering empty words to the Telegraph, on RH and on Twitter etc.

I'm just hoping that tonight the emphasis will be on us getting something positive out of the game, from the management, from the players and us the fans and that we don't get a negative atmosphere where everyone is waiting for Hurst and his players to slip up

UTM GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 12
October 7, 2014, 12:51pm
Guest User
We shouldn't be asking him to do too much defensive work, instead ask him to link betweek midfield and attack and do what he's good at.

I'd play 4-3-3 away with Neilson on the left (so he could make up a five when we are outnumbered or without the ball) or 4-3-1-2 with Neilson in the hole usually at home.

We could play Clay, Brown and Disley in the middle. This has worked well for us, I don't know why PH changed it. Either formations I mention are just a slight variation of the a 4-3-3 which I prefer over the dated 4-4-2 and more importantly, I think it suits the players we have available within the squad.
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst on Sportstalk

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.