1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Mariner Timsky
October 6, 2014, 5:01pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Barnet are favorites with quite a few to go up this season, , , they have made a pretty decent start as well, , , but as we know a long way to go, , , anyways just hoping I could find the answer to this question, , ,

How many teams have been relegated to non league and gone straight back up into the football league the next season??

I am thinking it is Lincoln and Shrewsbury but cant find the correct answer!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
October 6, 2014, 5:08pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
Carlisle did as well. Barnet won't be adding to that list though!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Les Brechin
October 6, 2014, 5:42pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,699
Gold Stars: 174
Darlington did it not long after Lincoln too I believe but it's not been done for a long time.

I think 4 have done it. Lincoln did it when they were relegated in the first season of automatic promotion/relegation to The Conference. Darlington did it not long after (I think) and then it was Shrewsbury and Carlisle, although they both won promotion as play-off winners.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Les Brechin
October 6, 2014, 6:47pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,699
Gold Stars: 174
Just looked in a bit more detail.

Lincoln were relegated in 1986/87 and won The Conference the following season.

Darlington were relegated in 1988/89 and won The Conference the following season.

Obviously, at the time there were very few ex-league teams in The Conference like there is now.

More recently Shrewsbury were relegated in 2002/03 and won The Conference play-off final the following season, (Chester City won the title that season) The play-offs were only introduced the previous season.

The last time it was done was in the 2004/05 season when Carlisle won The Conference play-off final having been relegated the previous season. (Barnet won the title that season)

As has been mentioned though its not possible for Barnet to do it this season as they were relegated the season before last. The 2 teams relegated last season were Bristol Rovers and Torquay who are both going well at the minute and one (or even both) could become the first to do it for 10 seasons.

I hope that's answered your question Timsky.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
fiveallive
October 6, 2014, 9:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Carlisle built a very good team and went up again the following season of Westwood in goal a Spanish LB who scored a couple against us at home in the 2005/06 season Karl Hawley seemed to have have relayed on that season for Carlisle just like Anthony Elding at Stockport and Alan Connell here all of them where great for one season i remember Ciaran Toner scoring a blinder and Martin Gritton missing a free header in that game at home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
Mariner Timsky
October 7, 2014, 1:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Thanks Les, , , a superbly detailed reply!! UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Footy Question

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.