BeijingMariner
October 4, 2014, 5:07pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Badger57
How long has Tondeur waited to say THAT? Toto holds the line!    Note to younger element. :- Toto had massive hit with, you guessed it, Hold the line!

extra note to younger audience: Toto was the name of an American soft rock band popular with middle aged women in 1978.
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hold_the_Line[/url]

It is also the name of a sanitary ware manufacturer.[url] http://gb.toto.com/[/url]
so, if you wanted to say he was crap tonight, you could also make a joke about it.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 150 - 169
gtfc82
October 4, 2014, 5:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
I find our current season very similar to our first season in the Conference! Always 'a few points from the play offs' but never looking like getting there due to inconsistent form! Fenty waited too long to sack Woods in that season. He shouldn't make the same mistake twice!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 169
arryarryarry
October 4, 2014, 5:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from carrot top
This lot are utter garbage. In just under 50 yrs of supporting Town I have never known so much dross in black & white. Clueless management and board.

You can't say such things like that on here otherwise you will get Barralad and his friends red crossing you.

Private Message
Reply: 152 - 169
Grimal
October 4, 2014, 5:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
The only positive I can take from this game is Lenny stepping up for the penalty and taking it well knowing he was under pressure,I was pleased Hannah had been subbed otherwise he would most likely have taken it and after his poor penalty last Saturday I'm sure it would have played on his mind,I think all the teams in our division will now know that Ross always bangs it straight down the middle.The game sounded terrible on radio Hullberside but will make judgement from the just back posters later.I don't think Tuesday nights game is going to be such a walkover as we were all expecting,they had a good win at Halifax today.  UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 169
jimgtfc
October 4, 2014, 5:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Grimal
The only positive I can take from this game is Lenny stepping up for the penalty and taking it well knowing he was under pressure,I was pleased Hannah had been subbed otherwise he would most likely have taken it and after his poor penalty last Saturday I'm sure it would have played on his mind,I think all the teams in our division will now know that Ross always bangs it straight down the middle.The game sounded terrible on radio Hullberside but will make judgement from the just back posters later.I don't think Tuesday nights game is going to be such a walkover as we were all expecting,they had a good win at Halifax today.  UTM.

To be fair about your comment on Hannah's penalty last week, I'd say it was more a good save as opposed to a 'poor penalty'.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 169
ginnywings
October 4, 2014, 5:25pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from BeijingMariner

extra note to younger audience: Toto was the name of an American soft rock band popular with middle aged women in 1978.
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hold_the_Line[/url]

It is also the name of a sanitary ware manufacturer.[url] http://gb.toto.com/[/url]
so, if you wanted to say he was crap tonight, you could also make a joke about it.

Also the name of a scruffy little Yorkshire Terrier in the Wizard of Oz.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 169
RoboCod
October 4, 2014, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from ginnywings

Also the name of a scruffy little Yorkshire Terrier in the Wizard of Oz.

If we tap our shoes together and chant 'There's no place like the League' will this nightmare end ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 169
Tom13
October 4, 2014, 5:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Quoted from jimgtfc

To be fair about your comment on Hannah's penalty last week, I'd say it was more a good save as opposed to a 'poor penalty'.

A good save? The keeper barely had to move, a Subbuteo player would've saved it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 169
Chrisblor
October 4, 2014, 5:43pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,764
Gold Stars: 233
Hurst being a helmet on Humberside now. Seems angry about Tondeur questioning his terrible team selection.

For the record Paul, Disley and McLaughlin were both awful today and Neilson was our stand out player after you finally brought him on.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 169
arryarryarry
October 4, 2014, 5:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Just listening to Paul Hurst and he just about loses it with JT just because he questioned the team selection, obviously realises his job is hanging by a thread.
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 169
17 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dartford v Town Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.