Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Several new lows.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Several new lows.....

This thread currently has 2,278 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
chipsandgravy
October 3, 2014, 9:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Tuesdays performance. Town fans in embarrassing tweets with an ex manager and a once credible local newspaper actually making them headlines!

It's got to get better-surely!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Garth
October 3, 2014, 9:49am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Tuesdays performance. Town fans in embarrassing tweets with an ex manager and a once credible local newspaper actually making them headlines!

It's got to get better-surely!

Agree a sickening week all round its not finished yet though lets see what 4.40 Saturday brings,  I hope they bust a gut for us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
maxfox44
October 3, 2014, 9:54am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
All we need now is a statement from our ex/none chairman/director/major share holder

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
denni266
October 3, 2014, 10:12am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +700
Gold Stars: 132
It gets worse every season. lets see where  we are... non league.. a stadium that need making safe so it can be pulled down safely, players that are never going to play regular because they are injury prone, a manager that does not have a clue .  all is just fine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
TownSNAFU5
October 3, 2014, 10:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,852
Gold Stars: 42
Well the week starting ok.  Scoring the penalty last Sat would have given us a deserved 4-0 victory. Hard to believe that this was less than a week away.  A week is a long time with GTFC.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
psgmariner
October 3, 2014, 10:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The FA Cup will provide an excellent opportunity for a new low.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
grimsby pete
October 3, 2014, 10:33am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Never understand why people go on line and speak to people they do not know,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
MarinerWY
October 3, 2014, 10:36am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 47
Could be worse. Could be a helluva lot better though. But, it's genuienly not finished yet for play-off spaces nor for promotion place. I agree we need to turn a lot around and although I don't think we should get rid of Hurst 13 games into the season, I'm not convinced he's the manager we need either. I just don't think it will help to not see the season out with him, for me if we get play-offs and are on a good run there is still a decent chance of going up.

It's been done to death peoples problems with Hurst, reactions to Tuesday, people that want Hurst out and people that want Hurst to stay. Maybe we should all focus on a win tomorrow now, and we'll see after that - not that people aren't entitled to their opinions, just every thread on this forum is starting to look the same.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
psgmariner
October 3, 2014, 10:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from grimsby pete
Never understand why people go on line and speak to people they do not know,

Do you mean the fishy or twitter?

Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
chipsandgravy
October 3, 2014, 10:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
I rarely post these days and mainly rely on one or two posters on here whose opinions on here resonate with me and generally reflect my views . Nor do I go to the match and boo players or look for the annual scapegoat that so often appear on here. Nor have I ever shot from the hip and shouted for the managers head.
A 150 mile round journey on Tuesday to watch that performance left me wanting to give up and accepting we are never going to get out of this league.
What frustrates me the most is that, in my opinion, we have a fairly decent squad this term which I think is being totally wasted by our manager and whilst I think to a degree he has been unlucky he seems unable to make the big game changing decisions needed to get us out of this division. Tuesday was a classic example for me and just accepting that "we played poorly tonight" isn't good enough now. He's a likeable guy but I don't think he has the gravitas to do he job so without shooting from the hip - its time for a change!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Several new lows.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.