Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: chipsandgravy, October 3, 2014, 9:40am
Tuesdays performance. Town fans in embarrassing tweets with an ex manager and a once credible local newspaper actually making them headlines!

It's got to get better-surely!

Posted by: Garth, October 3, 2014, 9:49am; Reply: 1
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Tuesdays performance. Town fans in embarrassing tweets with an ex manager and a once credible local newspaper actually making them headlines!

It's got to get better-surely!

Agree a sickening week all round its not finished yet though lets see what 4.40 Saturday brings,  I hope they bust a gut for us
Posted by: maxfox44, October 3, 2014, 9:54am; Reply: 2
All we need now is a statement from our ex/none chairman/director/major share holder
Posted by: denni266, October 3, 2014, 10:12am; Reply: 3
It gets worse every season. lets see where  we are... non league.. a stadium that need making safe so it can be pulled down safely, players that are never going to play regular because they are injury prone, a manager that does not have a clue .  all is just fine
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 3, 2014, 10:22am; Reply: 4
Well the week starting ok.  Scoring the penalty last Sat would have given us a deserved 4-0 victory. Hard to believe that this was less than a week away.  A week is a long time with GTFC.  
Posted by: psgmariner, October 3, 2014, 10:26am; Reply: 5
The FA Cup will provide an excellent opportunity for a new low.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 3, 2014, 10:33am; Reply: 6
Never understand why people go on line and speak to people they do not know, :B :B
Posted by: MarinerWY, October 3, 2014, 10:36am; Reply: 7
Could be worse. Could be a helluva lot better though. But, it's genuienly not finished yet for play-off spaces nor for promotion place. I agree we need to turn a lot around and although I don't think we should get rid of Hurst 13 games into the season, I'm not convinced he's the manager we need either. I just don't think it will help to not see the season out with him, for me if we get play-offs and are on a good run there is still a decent chance of going up.

It's been done to death peoples problems with Hurst, reactions to Tuesday, people that want Hurst out and people that want Hurst to stay. Maybe we should all focus on a win tomorrow now, and we'll see after that - not that people aren't entitled to their opinions, just every thread on this forum is starting to look the same.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 3, 2014, 10:42am; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete
Never understand why people go on line and speak to people they do not know, :B :B

Do you mean the fishy or twitter?
Posted by: chipsandgravy, October 3, 2014, 10:43am; Reply: 9
I rarely post these days and mainly rely on one or two posters on here whose opinions on here resonate with me and generally reflect my views . Nor do I go to the match and boo players or look for the annual scapegoat that so often appear on here. Nor have I ever shot from the hip and shouted for the managers head.
A 150 mile round journey on Tuesday to watch that performance left me wanting to give up and accepting we are never going to get out of this league.
What frustrates me the most is that, in my opinion, we have a fairly decent squad this term which I think is being totally wasted by our manager and whilst I think to a degree he has been unlucky he seems unable to make the big game changing decisions needed to get us out of this division. Tuesday was a classic example for me and just accepting that "we played poorly tonight" isn't good enough now. He's a likeable guy but I don't think he has the gravitas to do he job so without shooting from the hip - its time for a change!
Posted by: psgmariner, October 3, 2014, 10:46am; Reply: 10
Second highest scorers in the league, 5 points off play offs and 10 off the top with 33 games to go, decent players to come back from injury, nice strip this season...

These are the positive thoughts I try to keep in my head. I am very much a Hurst doubter but it is not impossible for him to turn it around. If we win the next 3 (unlikely but certainly possible) then we will look well set for a promotion charge.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 3, 2014, 10:53am; Reply: 11
Quoted from psgmariner
Second highest scorers in the league, 5 points off play offs and 10 off the top with 33 games to go, decent players to come back from injury, nice strip this season...

These are the positive thoughts I try to keep in my head. I am very much a Hurst doubter but it is not impossible for him to turn it around. If we win the next 3 (unlikely but certainly possible) then we will look well set for a promotion charge.

Agree, but then we know we will lose the next 3 after that, that's what we do we look great then all that work is undone by losing stupid games we shouldn't just like Tuesday night !

we are consistent at being inconsistent.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 3, 2014, 10:54am; Reply: 12
Quoted from psgmariner

Do you mean the fishy or twitter?

I was waiting for a bite  :)

I consider all Fishy posters as family,

Twitter and facebook  I do not understand at all,

Maybe it's an age thing,

On the chase some celebrity said she had 160,000 followers,

Bradley Walsh said , what do you say ?

She replied, Going to the gym, getting dinner ready ect,

Bradley looked into the camera and said,

Get a life !!!!!   ;D
Posted by: RonMariner, October 3, 2014, 11:03am; Reply: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete

Especially if they are cabinet ministers!
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 3, 2014, 11:07am; Reply: 14
Quoted from RonMariner

Especially if they are cabinet ministers!

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: DocTower, October 3, 2014, 11:18am; Reply: 15
Quoted from psgmariner

Glad your positive , I used to be . Forget those 2 freak results it gives a false view of our goal difference even though at the end of the season it might be ouf trump card . It doesn't detract from the fact we aren't playing well and haven't been for some time , and getting easily turned over . To me it feels like we are a rudderless ship going nowhere . Sad times seem never ending .
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 3, 2014, 11:30am; Reply: 16
Quoted from MarinerWY
Could be worse. Could be a helluva lot better though. But, it's genuienly not finished yet for play-off spaces nor for promotion place. I agree we need to turn a lot around and although I don't think we should get rid of Hurst 13 games into the season, I'm not convinced he's the manager we need either. I just don't think it will help to not see the season out with him, for me if we get play-offs and are on a good run there is still a decent chance of going up.

It's been done to death peoples problems with Hurst, reactions to Tuesday, people that want Hurst out and people that want Hurst to stay. Maybe we should all focus on a win tomorrow now, and we'll see after that - not that people aren't entitled to their opinions, just every thread on this forum is starting to look the same.

Whilst I understand your views, what has also been "done to death" is the "we are not far from a play-off place" "only so many points behind top spot" "the manager will turn it around" unfortunately we have been hearing this for the past 6 seasons going back to Neil Woods when many said "he will keep us up".

He didn't and we are still in this shite league with the way we are currently playing, no prospect of ever getting out of it.

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 3, 2014, 4:50pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from arryarryarry

Whilst I understand your views, what has also been "done to death" is the "we are not far from a play-off place" "only so many points behind top spot" "the manager will turn it around" unfortunately we have been hearing this for the past 6 seasons going back to Neil Woods when many said "he will keep us up".

He didn't and we are still in this shite league with the way we are currently playing, no prospect of ever getting out of it.

I don't know about many having said that...maybe it was just me but once he was in charge it was like the donkey chasing the carrot held in front of it. So close to it but at the same time never ever a chance of grasping it...

Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 10:26pm